Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom lights

Options
  • 11-04-2015 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Main bathroom light and under counter spotlight have stopped working.
    Changed both bulbs.
    All upstairs lights are connected to the same fuse/breaker but it's not tripping...

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

kbarnesie wrote: »
    Main bathroom light and under counter spotlight have stopped working.
    Changed both bulbs.
    All upstairs lights are connected to the same fuse/breaker but it's not tripping...

Any help appreciated

Is the counter in the bathroom and on the same switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭kbarnesie

aido79 wrote: »
    Is the counter in the bathroom and on the same switch?

Yes both spot and main light on same switch.

Yes both spot and main light on same switch.

That's where the problem will be. It's more than likely a faulty switch or a connection that has broken off or popped out. Take the switch off if you're confident enough to do so and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭kbarnesie

aido79 wrote: »
    That's where the problem will be. It's more than likely a faulty switch or a connection that has broken off or popped out. Take the switch off if you're confident enough to do so and have a look.

Yes I've done that. All wires were attached so I presumed it was ok. Would it be worth replacing ?

Yes I've done that. All wires were attached so I presumed it was ok. Would it be worth replacing ?

Have you checked to see if there is voltage at the switch?

• Advertisement
Advertisement