Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Spire lights?

Options
  • 11-04-2015 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Are the new lights on the Spire the finished permanent ones? They look awful. Between this and the new Grafton St. pavement DCC are really doing a s**t job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Are the new lights on the Spire the finished permanent ones? They look awful. Between this and the new Grafton St. pavement DCC are really doing a s**t job.

They were always meant to be permanent and they weren't even meant to need changing who knows what they have done now to get them going again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Ah the spire, Or uninspired as it should be called.

Worst..... landmark..... Everr......

I wonder has anyone looked up at it and thought wow amazing piece really captures the essence of Ireland and being Irish. Probably have only then getting a tap on the shoulder "pishing in public eh, night in the cell for you jnr".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Ah the spire, Or uninspired as it should be called.

Worst..... landmark..... Everr......

I wonder has anyone looked up at it and thought wow amazing piece really captures the essence of Ireland and being Irish. Probably have only then getting a tap on the shoulder "pishing in public eh, night in the cell for you jnr".

I like it.

It doesn't have to be discernibly 'Irish' (whatever that even means) to be a striking landmark in its own right.

I do think the DCC should have done a better job with repaving Grafton Street though. The colour seems a little anodyne (IMO of course) in comparison to the surrounding buildings compared to the darkness of the old cobble lock.

Advertisement