Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuisance call blocker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Yes it will work once caller id display is enabled on your parents land line.

I can't tell from your link if the phone line connection on the blocker is BT or Rj11 so You may need to get a BT to RJ11 converter cable if the unit only has a BT one.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Yes it will work once caller id display is enabled on your parents land line.

I can't tell from your link if the phone line connection on the blocker is BT or Rj11 so You may need to get a BT to RJ11 converter cable if the unit only has a BT one.

Thanks for the reply. Good point about the connection;it may well be RJ11, as most BT lines are. No matter, as you say I can get a converter.
    I'm taking the plunge and buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Judging from the video of that blocker on Amazon it seems to have RJ11 sockets so it will be grand for Ireland connections. It got great reviews too. Good luck with it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CPR-Capacity-Nuisance-Call-Blocker/dp/B00JG02ZEY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1428854881&sr=8-3&keywords=call+blocker

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Judging from the video of that blocker on Amazon it seems to have RJ11 sockets so it will be grand for Ireland connections. It got great reviews too. Good luck with it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CPR-Capacity-Nuisance-Call-Blocker/dp/B00JG02ZEY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1428854881&sr=8-3&keywords=call+blocker

I bought this but there's a problem with it; you can only block the number while it is ringing. It doesn't store the numbers in a list that you can scroll back through. In order to block the number you have to press block while it is ringing. Once it stops ringing the number disappears and you can't block it. My parents wouldn't have the sharpness to do this so I'll have to send it back.

Advertisement