Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headphones with a replaceable connector?

• 11-04-2015 2:29pm

Since my time on this earth began I've had the same problem: the sound goes in one ear of the headphones and I have to twiddle the connector until it's fixed.

Of course there are those days when you are in an almighty hurry and just can't get it just right.

Can someone recommend a pair of headphones (or earphones) that would not have this problem please? I've read that the more expensive pairs have a detachable cord that remedies the problem. I've only ever spent small change on my headphones though but I wouldn't mind shelling out around €100 if I could be sure they're worth it!

Thank you for any help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What size do you like?

Cheapest good, small headphones I can think of are Logitech UE 4000 and Jays V-Jays (the latter have a two-part cable though).

Hey a reply!! Thank you! :) I have no preference on size...I just want quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Van, if your budget could stretch to 150, then the Audio Technica M50X have a detachable cable. The M50X's come with three cables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If you don't mind earphones, I bought a family member some Skunk Juice earphones that have a break-away magnetic connector in the cable and so far they are holding up well. for 10£ got two sets, each set having two pairs of earphones. http://skunkjuice.co.uk/

For some reason the Xmas sale still seemed to apply, even though i got them last October.

They took a while to answer my original email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The SE215 and up are very highly renowned earphones and have a detachable cable (cable replacement is $35). With decent earphones like these, you may start hearing parts of songs you never heard before ;)

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones

• Advertisement
Advertisement