Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scumbag punches 3 year old in the face.

• 11-04-2015 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/calif-man-caught-punching-toddler-face-market-cops-article-1.2180710
    A California man was arrested after he dragged, pulled and punched a toddler boy inside a Bakersfield market – an assault all caught on camera.

Justin Whittington, 23, was arrested and charged with child endangerment after the startling footage from inside the Vest Market appeared online, police said.

A total of about one minute of surveillance footage captures Whittington terrorizing the helpless child.

"That was horrible, man," store owner Harry Dindral told the Daily News. "The worst thing I've ever seen."

I'd love to see him try it with somebody his own size in prison where I hope he ends up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

In fairness he did catch the little fecker in bed with his missus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Words fail me...the mother allows/does fúck all about it & another child on the way, so it would seem :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The mother seems so calm. Fixing her hair and strolling out the door

No reaction at all

Does she even care? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The mother seems so calm. Fixing her hair and strolling out the door

No reaction at all

Does she even care? :confused:

Probably a normal occurrence for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Ugh, that little jump he did after he landed the punch, he's delighted with himself. Dickhead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Surely the mother should be arrested for negligence as well or something? :confused::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Ugh, that little jump he did after he landed the punch, he's delighted with himself. Dickhead.

Don't want to watch. So depressing. Hopefully social services will step in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What a scumbag, this is what a flogging is for, and why they should consider bringing it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

If anyone touched my child Id happily do time for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I know a dickhead like this. Years ago over a pint I was giving out about something my daughter did, can't remember what. He boasted that the other day he lifted his 5 year old son off the floor with a 'box'. I told him he was a pr1ck and got up to leave the pub. He got pissed off with me and I made sh1t out of my hand. First and last time I ever hit anyone since I was about 10. It did not sort out his kid's problem but may have given him some idea that beating the sh1t out of kids is not the right thing to do, probably not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Dirty fu*king coward. Judging by the mother's reaction, this isn't the first time that poor little boy has been hit hard.

My stomach's in bits after seeing that. Hope the scumbag is jailed and is never left have unsupervised access to his son again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

zerks wrote: »
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/calif-man-caught-punching-toddler-face-market-cops-article-1.2180710

I'd love to see him try it with somebody his own size in prison where I hope he ends up.

Hope? Theres no chance of him not going to prison

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

galljga1 wrote: »
    I know a dickhead like this. Years ago over a pint I was giving out about something my daughter did, can't remember what. He boasted that the other day he lifted his 5 year old son off the floor with a 'box'. I told him he was a pr1ck and got up to leave the pub. He got pissed off with me and I made sh1t out of my hand. First and last time I ever hit anyone since I was about 10. It did not sort out his kid's problem but may have given him some idea that beating the sh1t out of kids is not the right thing to do, probably not.

Jesus christ..I would be too stunned to say anything if somebody told me that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

That's horrible news. Next.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

That's horrible news. Next.

At least he only punched the defenseless little creature. Not like Tamir Rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

He wont get prison? :D oh yes he will if he's guilty of a crime* see below. There's a black guy in Louisiana still in prison for stealing a coat 16 years ago.

As this case is ongoing I think this thread should be locked until he's tried and found guilty. Other factors could be at play here like the guy is/was suffering from a mental illness or he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It's unfair to call someone a scumbag at these early stages without knowing the reasons/causes for the behaviour. Especially in a country that leaves the sick and the poor to die on the street yet spends billions starting conflicts in the Middle East, Africa and Asia.

If he's found guilty I hope he gets a very long sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Chris___ wrote: »
    He wont get prison? :D oh yes he will if he's guilty of a crime* see below. There's a black guy in Louisiana still in prison for stealing a coat 16 years ago.

As this case is ongoing I think this thread should be locked until he's tried and found guilty. Other factors could be at play here like the guy is/was suffering from a mental illness or he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It's unfair to call someone a scumbag at these early stages without knowing the reasons/causes for the behaviour. Especially in a country that leaves the sick and the poor to die on the street yet spends billions starting conflicts in the Middle East, Africa and Asia.

If he's found guilty I hope he gets a very long sentence.

If drugs or alcohol cause someone to punch children and they dont stop taking drugs or drinking then they are a scumbag

He's being held in lieu of a million dollars bail. It's fair to say it's being taken seriously.

The mothers reaction is worrying. Either she's immune to it all or she gets the same treatment herself and didn't want to rock the boat. Either way, neither are parents worth having.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭theboy1

Theres two sides to every story.

theboy1 wrote: »
    Theres two sides to every story.

Not when one side is a toddler and the other a grown adult who calls himself a father.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    Not when one side is a toddler and the other a grown adult who calls himself a father.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I hope you're trolling, as no toddler deserves to be punched by the adult who is supposed to take care of them and protect them from harm. No three year old in the world needs to be punched in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Seriously?

I hope you're trolling, as no toddler deserves to be punched by the adult who is supposed to take care of them and protect them from harm. No three year old in the world needs to be punched in the face.
    I wasn't responding to the originalstory.

I wasn't responding to the originalstory.

If you're saying that the father was probably raised in a violent home and sees it as normal, there might be some truth in that. However violent the home is though, everybody in the world knows it's wrong to beat up toddlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Infracted

He's being held in lieu of a million dollars bail. It's fair to say it's being taken seriously.

The mothers reaction is worrying. Either she's immune to it all or she gets the same treatment herself and didn't want to rock the boat. Either way, neither are parents worth having.
    I doubt the father just decided to beat the kid one day out of the blue. Probably a violent man when surrounded by people physically weaker than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

dd972 wrote: »
    In fairness he did catch the little fecker in bed with his missus...

In what universe is that funny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the kid will have his revenge eventually hopefully its a bloodbath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Explain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What a lot of you fail to realise is that this chap was likely himself punched in the face as a three year old.

And potentially this three year old may go on to punch a few toddlers in the face when he grows up.

That's the issue to be repulsed about. Not this. Though I am very, very angry he done that, and struggling to hold my nerve.

Locking them up in jail on a cyclical basis seems to be a great strategy to eradicating the issue, doesn't it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

If a violent person grew up in a violent household, this is likely the reason for their violence, but it doesn't take any responsibility away from them.
    And there are also people who grow up in violent households who are determined not to put their children through what they went through, and don't.

(Not watching it either).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

FFS, am not watching the video as I know I will be sorry I saw it, but some of the comments on this thread already are a disgrace too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

@Coldwarkid, it doesn't, I agree. He is fully culpable.

My concern now is that kid. Someone let his father down very, very bad before he went on to let himself down in such an appalling way. I'm asking, is there anything that can be done now to support a good outcome for the toddler?

Or is it a case of as long as it's not on my doorstep or doesn't hit my pocket. Because that is exactly what goes on in this country, no one gives a sh!t as long as it's scumbags killing scumbags, or it's not your children growing up in that environment. Yes they are most likely facing a life of misery, immense challenge, mental health difficulties, suicide, and unemployment, but hey, as long as it doesn't hit my pocket!

That's what I find to be the sickening element here.

I opened the thread thinking it was a bit pointless, a lot of handflapping where everyone tut tuts.

Then I saw the video.

Jesus. It's appalling. The fear that child must live in. Was brought up in a house where my parents treated all 7 of us like royalty, and as the youngest I was like the Second Coming. You see that and realise that so much in life is down to chance and matters outside your control, like the circumstances into which you are born.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

As the mother of a 3 year old, I don't even want to look at that article/video. Judging from peoples comments here about the mother not giving a damn and as a child of abuse myself I pray to God that child is taken away from them. A care home might sound bad, but it will never be as bad as growing up knowing your parents don't give two fúcks about you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Another AH shock merchant. Ten a penny at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

myshirt wrote: »
    What a lot of you fail to realise is that this chap was likely himself punched in the face as a three year old.

And potentially this three year old may go on to punch a few toddlers in the face when he grows up.

That's the issue to be repulsed about. Not this. Though I am very, very angry he done that, and struggling to hold my nerve.

Locking them up in jail on a cyclical basis seems to be a great strategy to eradicating the issue, doesn't it...

My father was beaten on a regular basis by his dad and never once laid a finger on us - which is very lucky for us as he's a huge man and he would have probably killed us. He never once in my whole life slapped or raised his voice to me, no matter what I did.

My husband was also beaten mercilessly by his absolute drunken scumbag of a father and he has never raised a hand to me or his toddler child and it wouldn't even occur to him to do so - although he did ask me after seeing the video what I would have done if I was that kids mother and I calmly told him that he'd go to sleep that night but he wouldn't be waking up ever again.

Anyway, my point being that just because a toddler was hit by his dad does not mean that he will be doomed to repeat history nor does it mean that his father was beaten as a child.

The father is a grown man with a brain all of his own - he made the decision to hit his son, nothing made him do it. He's a scumbag and he deserves to be punished harshly, that idiot mother doesn't deserve her beautiful children and should also be punished and that poor baby deserves a much better home. I really hope he is in a loving home now and that his nightmare is over :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

...and be assaulted by some anonymous care worker or fellow inmate and end up not being able to have any intimate relationship after all the abuse he may suffer in state "care".

As a child 45 yrs ago I was often beaten around the head, kicked in the arse and "chastised" like in the video and nothing was done about it by the state.

Just as well when you hear and see about all the abuse and other abominations commited and allowed to be commited by "carers" and other inmates in care centres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

That's the issue to be repulsed about. Not this.
    "Not this"? People can and will be repulsed by this, and can easily be repulsed by the other issue simultaneously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Someone let his father down very, very bad before ...

You're assuming an awful lot there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

What an absolute scrote.

I'm sure this is not the first time he has assaulted to poor little fella. Hopefully, the kid has been saved further harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

It makes me sick to my stomach to think of what that poor baby has suffered. What a total scumbag this "man" is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Cuddling with my six year old watching some mind numbing rubbish on TV. Sometimes I even get to cuddle with my grown up 11 year old. Love it. Can't understand sh1t like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

galljga1 wrote: »
    First and last time I ever hit anyone since I was about 10. It did not sort out his kid's problem but may have given him some idea that beating the sh1t out of kids is not the right thing to do, probably not.

Probably not....

Advertisement