Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petrol station on the callan road (the one nearer kierans)

Options
  • 11-04-2015 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

What is the story with the with registers making the ERRRR ERRR ERRR BRRR noise constantly .

the employees must be driven mad poor devils

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

I've seen that in Thurles (petrol station near the Tipperary/LIT Institute.

Been a while since I've been in there but did query it with one of the staff one day and it appears it may have something to do with security).

On Health and Safety grounds something like that can't be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

I used to work there. Whenever someone gets petrol and hangs up the pump it beeps until that petrol is paid for, I suppose to stop drive offs. It used to drive me mad and I could hear it in my sleep, no joke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

JoseJones wrote: »
    I used to work there. Whenever someone gets petrol and hangs up the pump it beeps until that petrol is paid for, I suppose to stop drive offs. It used to drive me mad and I could hear it in my sleep, no joke!!

How does the till making a beeping sound stop someone driving off :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I drove off without paying for petrol on day....from Ned Naddys place...genuine forgetfulness on my part.....the guards rang me to remind me about an hour later.

Surely there isn't that many drive to warrant that stupid noise...also yer hardly going to run after the car in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

So the staff are aware that there's petrol that hasn't been paid for I guess. Yes it's stupid and unnecessary and makes no sense. If there's a drive off you just check the cameras and ring the gardai, simple!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Completely pointless. Jesus I'd imagine working in world garage is miserable enough as it is without having to listen to that racket all day!

Advertisement