Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horizon itec alarm going ogf

Options
  • 11-04-2015 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

hi all have old horizon aitec alarm which we never need to set. however its starting to go off by itself when not alarmed all times of the night. can this be shut down completely as i said we dont need. i dont have any manuals just know the code to stop it.
    have located the fuse for power to board green light knocks off. I take it the battery inside then kicks on. the number 2 is constantly flickering on panel also but as far as i remember always has...
    any help to put his beast down for good put it out of its misery.
    many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you open the main panel and remove the mains fuse and disconnect the battery that should do it.
    Before you do that look and see what type of bell box is outside the house. If it's the old square metal ones don't do this as the outside bell could ring for hours afterwards.
    If it's a rectangular pvc box the outside bell would stop after about 20 minutes.
    If you are in any doubt post up a pic of it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

Many thanks for that. I will get pics up in the morning. its dark now and no way can have alarm going off. kids both sides. The box on the outside is the recatagular pvc type.
    if i open up the box on the inside will the alarm go off?
    cheers

http://ukpanels.com/forum1/showthread.php?tid=5559
    looks like this. I imagine on the inside too although I havent opened it. has another box underneath too. attached photos.

outside box

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

power off the mains at the fuseboard. Then open the screw on the front right hand side. remove the battery clips and the fuse inside on the terminal block. close up the panel. After you've done this then you can turn the mains on at the fuseboard back on.
    the outside bell might sound at first but will stop after a while.

• Advertisement

hey many thanks for that. when you say remove fuse on terminal block would ypu have a photo of it so i know what to look for?.
    really appreciate the help
    cheers

not sure if this is the culprit of the intermittent alarm but i found the panic button in the room had been depressed and not reset for sometime. I reset it and the alarm continued to go off periodically.Thinking the wiring mah be loose and I took tge cover off . the red and black wires are not connected it seems. any ideas where these should go and the small silver clip. is this perhaps the reason?
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Westwood wrote: »
    not sure if this is the culprit of the intermittent alarm but i found the panic button in the room had been depressed and not reset for sometime. I reset it and the alarm continued to go off periodically.Thinking the wiring mah be loose and I took tge cover off . the red and black wires are not connected it seems. any ideas where these should go and the small silver clip. is this perhaps the reason?
    cheers

Don't worry about the red and black cables, they were probably never connected to anything. Remove the Green and White cables and join them together.
    Just with regard to powering down that panel, be careful, that bell box you have will probably (depending on the state of the SAB module up there ) continue making noise for hours.

That could be why the digit 2 was showing on the screen, panic buttons are what is known as 24 hour type zones so that they operate regardless of whether the system is switched on or off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

kub wrote: »
    Don't worry about the red and black cables, they were probably never connected to anything. Remove the Green and White cables and join them together.
    Just with regard to powering down that panel, be careful, that bell box you have will probably (depending on the state of the SAB module up there ) continue making noise for hours.

That could be why the digit 2 was showing on the screen, panic buttons are what is known as 24 hour type zones so that they operate regardless of whether the system is switched on or off.

Is it still working

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

None of the keypad numbers are responding.

• Advertisement
Advertisement