Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Phones

• 11-04-2015 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭

I'm about to switch my wife's phone from a 535 back to her old 820 which was recently repaired and have some questions. Most of the data is on the SD card. Do I move that to the new phone first? Is there a risk that in setting up the 820 to be the primary phone again that it will download all of the same apps onto internal storage without recognising that they're already on the SD card, or is it smart? When the 820 got damaged and I was setting up the 535 she seemed to lose a few things that I'm convinced were still on the memory card. Do Windows Phones by default wipe memory cards clean the first time they see them?

Lots of questions in no particular order I know, but any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Any kind of data, as long as it's not apps will carry over from phone to phone (pictures, music, etc). Apps that are installed on the SD card will have to be removed and re-installed on the new device, this is for security (and anti-piracy)

Assuming both phones are up to date (running Windows Phone 8.1 with the Lumia Denim update), it should be possible to backup the 535 and restore to the 820. Not all app settings get carried over though.

Advertisement