Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipe smoking

• 11-04-2015 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I was thinking of getting myself a nice pipe for smoking. I enjoy a few cigarettes when having a beer and the odd one while sober. I was thinking I might enjoy a pipe. I know nothing about pipes (bar a little that I've read online) but I'd be willing to pay for a little starter pipe/set. 60 quid more or less and if I decide I don't like it, its no big deal. So any ideas what might be a good make of pipe to start with? Online preferably although I do live near Amsterdam (although they do specialize in different pipes there....). I'm aware that this thread is ready for a lot of "pipe" jokes and thats cool, just make it inventive. Also, I swear to ****, I am not a hipster! Voice whispers *thats what all hipsters say....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Tongue cancer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

They say smoking is a dirty habit meaning cigarettes but you'd want to see the dirt and filth of a pipe when it needs to be cleaned!! And it needs to be cleaned after every smoke. You'll need pipe cleaners, a special knife, tissues aswell as your tobacco. Think ash from a fire mixed with Bisto.

I know all this because my dad smoked one for years after giving up cigarettes. Eventually after 25+years of it he kicked the pipe too. He was 79 so it was a great achievement. He's now 83, so much happier and healthier and his bedroom doesn't look like an explosion in a tobacco factory despite his best efforts.

Don't even think about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

OP, would you like me to move your thread to the smoking forum?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Point taken but I am aware of the ramifications of any smoking. I'm not of the opinion that pipe smoking is in any way better or cleaner than any other kind. Thanks for the input all the same. MOD: I didn't even know there was a smoking forum. Sorry for not doing better research and please do move the thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Thread moved. Please be aware that the smoking charter now applies.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
Advertisement