Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weeds on Grass

Options
  • 11-04-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just bought a new house and the back garden is covered with moss and broad weeds (lots of them) I've just put down everygreen 4 in 1 about a week ago and see some blackening of the moss however the broad leaves weeds are still very active. Will I need to put more evergreen down? How often can I put evergreen down on the lawn? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭chicorytip

You should try Goulding's lawn feed - excellent for improving the overall condition of your lawn. Apply in April and September, using a spreader.

Hi,

I've just bought a new house and the back garden is covered with moss and broad weeds (lots of them) I've just put down everygreen 4 in 1 about a week ago and see some blackening of the moss however the broad leaves weeds are still very active. Will I need to put more evergreen down? How often can I put evergreen down on the lawn? Thanks

Give it a chance yet. I wouldn't put Dow more 4 in 1 for at least 6 weeks. Too much fertiliser can burn the grass. Repairing a heavily weed infested lawn takes time. See what the weeds are like next weekend. If there is still a lot I would look at spraying them instead of more 4 in 1. Meanwhile regular mowing will help weed control

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭imalwayshappy

Give it a chance yet. I wouldn't put Dow more 4 in 1 for at least 6 weeks. Too much fertiliser can burn the grass. Repairing a heavily weed infested lawn takes time. See what the weeds are like next weekend. If there is still a lot I would look at spraying them instead of more 4 in 1. Meanwhile regular mowing will help weed control

Thanks for the reply would you spray the full lawn? Could you recommend a good weedkiller??

Thanks for the reply would you spray the full lawn? Could you recommend a good weedkiller??

I use mortox 50. or mortone mixed with water in a knapsack sprayer at a rate of 50:1

Advertisement