Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train Ticket Cost

Options
  • 11-04-2015 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I was wondering if anybody here knows the cost of a weekly return ticket from Edgeworthstown to Maynooth? I am thinking of using the train for my daily commute.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

will you be able to get a tax saver ticket via your employer, that will impact the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭TheBody

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    will you be able to get a tax saver ticket via your employer, that will impact the cost

Unfortunately that is not available to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

marvin80 wrote: »

Thanks for your reply.

For some reason, Maynooth isn't an option in the drop down menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

If you're living near the train station in Edgeworthstown, you can also go down and check on the ticket machine they have outside (without actualy buying a ticket)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

TheBody wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.

For some reason, Maynooth isn't an option in the drop down menu.

Maybe to late for you, but I had a look now and Maynooth is in the drop down - €21 return

http://journeyplanner.irishrail.ie/bin/query.exe/en?OK#focus

messrs wrote: »
    Maybe to late for you, but I had a look now and Maynooth is in the drop down - €21 return

http://journeyplanner.irishrail.ie/bin/query.exe/en?OK#focus

Thanks for the reply.

I know the daily return ticket is €21. I was hoping a weekly return ticket would work out cheaper but I can't seem to find out the cost online.

Thanks for the reply.

I know the daily return ticket is €21. I was hoping a weekly return ticket would work out cheaper but I can't seem to find out the cost online.

sorry I read your post wrong - try this link - I know this is from Connolly to each location and your looking for Maynooth but it will give you an idea. Your best option would prob be to ring Edgeworthstown station direct - altho you may be better of ringing Longford, don't know if Edgeworthstown station is manned but there usually is someone in Longford
    http://www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/dublin-sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I think Maynooth, being past Kilcock on the fare chart, would count as Dublin and you'd pay fare J, which comes to €115/week.

Edit: Although you do say a day return is €21 which would correspond to fare G which is Kilcock and would then be €94.50/week. Best to contact Irish Rail to clarify.

I think Maynooth, being past Kilcock on the fare chart, would count as Dublin and you'd pay fare J, which comes to €115/week.

Buying a ticket each day would be cheaper so.

Thanks for all the help folks.

• Advertisement

Buying a ticket each day would be cheaper so.

Thanks for all the help folks.

maybe, but no harm in ringing Edgeworthstown (043 6671031) or Longford (043 3345208) and finding out - could be worth it if ya save a few quid :)

Yea, I'll give them a call to find out for sure.

Thanks again.

Advertisement