Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to figure out a chord sequence!

Options
  • 11-04-2015 8:31pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This has been driving me nuts for a while maybe someone with better ears can help.

In Gil Scott-Heron's We Almost Lost Detroit, what is the bloody chord sequence in the chorus??? Can anyone figure it out?

This is what I have:

Amin Emin Abmin?? Some diminished chord
    ...al - most lost De - troit

I'll figure out the rest, but what is that 3rd chord??! Something funkay happens between bass and keys that confuses me.

Sorry can't post a link as I'm on the mobile. 'ppreciate any help!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

You could try something like chordify.net if your really stuck (unfortutuntely I can't link it but Google should find it pretty easily).

You can upload a music file or link a url and it'll give you the chords for the song. I've used it a few times with varying degrees of success, sometimes the chords are completely wrong, sometimes they can be quite accurate. It seems to struggle if there's lots of instrumentation and with fast chord sequences, so you might be out of luck, but there's no harm in giving it a go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Unfortunately I can't make any sense of whst chordify comes up with, but thanks milhouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

In this link, click "more results". Then scroll down half way.

http://play.riffstation.com/results?q=%22Gil+Scott-Heron%22

Thanks Rigsby. I forgot about this site as it doesn't work on my phone, so I'll try it on Monday on the pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Oink wrote: »
    I'll try it on Monday on the pc.

I'll save you the trouble. According to the site, the chords are :

Am Em Dm Bm C

On the site, you can play the song, while chord charts are shown on the R/H side.

• Advertisement

Rigsby wrote: »
    I'll save you the trouble. According to the site, the chords are :

Am Em Dm Bm C

On the site, you can play the song, while chord charts are shown on the R/H side.

Thanks Rigsby. I saw these in the preview but I was hoping there was more. That Bmin doesn't seem right, but maybe if I invert it, add the bass and funk it up with a 7th-9th 13th and whatnot :-) . Worth a shot. Cheers.

Advertisement