Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGT 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

She sounds like Judy Garland really good singer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Fair play to the record breaking doggy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Thats ****e naming them out in exact reverse order.

Not surprising here, all three acts are fab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I would have liked to see the Ruby Red group so better, they were so inspiring to women, fair play to them!

Also surprised the rollar skaters didn't do better, they were brilliant!

And the dog!

Wouldn't have put the choir or the dance group in the final 3!!

• Advertisement

The whole of Wales voted for the choir.

Its not the first time a Welsh choir have been on it and reached the finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm bored with the dance groups and choirs.
    Oh and I was so irritated last night by the miming going on.

I'm aware it was intentional, but that bit when the Entity Allstars were acting out Harry Potter and that girl mimed "Hang on, where's Harry?", I just cringed.
    Same when those oul ones in the Ruby Red Performers mimed to a song.
    It's just unnecessary.

I thought Andrew Fleming could have been good, but his act was weak last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Haven't watched the series at all, but WTF is with doing the results in full reverse order. Fairly shítty to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

What was the deal with the Austrain magician and the half body walking round the stage?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What was the deal with the Austrain magician and the half body walking round the stage?

That was his half sister! :D

• Advertisement

Ah bless, well done Dylan

Ah that magic is a load of me hole

He's a decent magician. Disappointing he didn't get a bigger reaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

He's a decent magician. Disappointing he didn't get a bigger reaction

His first trick in audition was a pound shop card trick. I posted it up on first couple of pages how he done it on a video. It was obvious also that someone like Simon would have seen that first trick lots of times I imagine yet he "acted" dumbfounded.

This second semi final act is also sure to have an explanation and tbh, you could see by the muted, almost underwhelmed reaction by the audience/judges that it isn't anything special. There is no way the judges would have missed a helicopter model knocking about backstage anyway.

His first trick in audition was a pound shop card trick. I posted it up on first couple of pages how he done it on a video. It was obvious also that someone like Simon would have seen that first trick lots of times I imagine yet he "acted" dumbfounded.

This second semi final act is also sure to have an explanation and tbh, you could see by the muted, almost underwhelmed reaction by the audience/judges that it isn't anything special. There is no way the judges would have missed a helicopter model knocking about backstage anyway.

Audition Trick............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Yer one is so obviously miming!!!

Ah that magic is a load of me hole
    Still got the most votes though :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Just watched that 'magic' trick there...not impressed. Why did he have a big question mark over the sheet when we all knew a helicopter would appear behind it? I don't think he thought it through very well, that would explain the muted response.

Just watched that 'magic' trick there...not impressed. Why did he have a big question mark over the sheet when we all knew a helicopter would appear behind it? I don't think he thought it through very well, that would explain the muted response.

Ha, it was hilarious when Simon called him out on it........................

"Who wrote helicopter"

No reply from audience!

"Eh, I can't see them but someone did....."

Yeah, mate you did.

he could at least have planted someone into the audience to claim it was them if one of the judges asked!

Ridiculous that he got through. Just an over elaborate party trick!!

Actually, just thinking about it that was very sly by Simon. It is clear he wanted the dance troupe and the foreign light show guys to go through but he also knew the magician would be very popular so tied to call him out and make the trick look bad. There is no way Simon Cowell wouldn't of known what the contestants were going to be doing and he would have figured out (maybe with the presence of a helicopter backstage!!) how the trick would go yet he pretended to be ignorant, not impressed and tried to make a fool of the magician. Shows how ruthless he is in order to get his own way.

• Advertisement

Suppose it shows that as ruthless as he is, they dont mess with the public vote

Suppose it shows that as ruthless as he is, they dont mess with the public vote

well that was clearly manipulation of the highest order. He would never have called out his beloved Darcy Oakes over a trick because he knew he was a very marketable magician whereas this guy is doing bog standard tricks and he is very boring otherwise.......... ie he isn't a showman. They shouldn't be applauded for not messing with public vote anyway! Thats corruption!

I didnt like the magic act.

And he won :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

In defense of the magician.

trying to pull off something spectacular in 3 mins is going to be hard. For most people basic tricks are as impressive as the elaborate longer ones - which would be hard to pull off in 3mins

Even the more famous magicians use tricks that are very simple and bland once you know how they are done. His problem last night was that it all looked too procedural - and even the judges were confused as to what to do. As a result it did look very much that the cards were planted. A better card selection process would have worked better.

He does need to up his stage presence and maybe bring on an assistant or some better music / fireworks etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Jesus Horatio Christ, is BGT really still being watched by over nine million people??!?!?!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I nonetheless feel that the show has had its day. IMHO, it reached its zenith when Ashleigh and Pudsey won in 2012.

Jesus Horatio Christ, is BGT really still being watched by over nine million people??!?!?!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I nonetheless feel that the show has had its day. IMHO, it reached its zenith when Ashleigh and Pudsey won in 2012.
    Still better than that Xfactor trype

Hyzepher wrote: »
    In defense of the magician.

trying to pull off something spectacular in 3 mins is going to be hard. For most people basic tricks are as impressive as the elaborate longer ones - which would be hard to pull off in 3mins

Even the more famous magicians use tricks that are very simple and bland once you know how they are done. His problem last night was that it all looked too procedural - and even the judges were confused as to what to do. As a result it did look very much that the cards were planted. A better card selection process would have worked better.

He does need to up his stage presence and maybe bring on an assistant or some better music / fireworks etc.

You don't need music, fireworks or an assistant to be a good magician, in fact the better a magician you are the less of these subsidary "props" you require. I agree, though, three minutes is a short time to pull off a lot of tricks but what he done last night was a very simple trick with an over the top ending which actually messed up the trick if anything. That is when the audience were like , "oh come on..."!! If you look at it again the helicopter could be seen 20 seconds or so before its "big reveal" behind the sheet and it was clearly going to be a helicopter regardless!! You could also see the shoe on the ground ready to be picked up so that wasn't a big shock!

He was a nervous wreck which is a complete faux pas for any magician. He just seems like the nerdy magician that practices at home but never plays in front of big acts. He fumbled the cards, he mesed up his dialogue..............."What word are you thinking..... i mean what word on the card".......
    Then he called Alicia "Sir"!!!!

He was, in my opinion very underwhelming!!

Cowell knew he would get a big vote despite being very very amateur so called him out on it but he still got through.

And the patronising "I have no idea how you did that............ I was gobsmacked" responses from the judges when they obviously know how he did both it and the previous audition act is just awkward and annoying!

However if he could make Amanda Holden's face move I would hail him as the best magician ever!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Will she have the chesticles on show again tonight? Kinda getting bored with them at this stage, sometimes less is more.

Advertisement