Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGT 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

I hate the neales but I must say that was enjoyable

This guy is just ripping off versions of songs from Youtube. Nothing original about him at all. Wouldn't even get through first few rounds of X Factor and that is saying everything. He messed it up big time and his "chosen one" status is completely unjustified.

That was excellent. (the choir) Could be a winning performance if the teenies dont vote for Callum

Ridiculous that Callum got a standing ovation

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That was excellent. (the choir) Could be a winning performance if the teenies dont vote for Callum

Ridiculous that Callum got a standing ovation

Finally, Hallelujah, a finale worthy winning performance

I was thinking he just forged her signature and put it into the lemon beforehand but in fairness how in gods name would he know what Alesha Dixons signature was ????????????????

Cough cough

mzLx29xjN3kqqOWgNta31-w.jpg

Amateur stuff..........................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jules and Mathisse are going to win I assume? Absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I was thinking he just forged her signature and put it into the lemon beforehand but in fairness how in gods name would he know what Alesha Dixons signature was ????????????????

Cough cough

mzLx29xjN3kqqOWgNta31-w.jpg

Amateur stuff..........................

But it was a whole uncut lemon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

The Dog is ****ing Brilliant

the Neales creepy

Except it wasnt. It was cut already preshow and glued together somewhat. All he had to do was slice it again. its just sleight of hand stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Yeah dat lemon was never opened before:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Begosh and begorrah, twas himself.

Jules and Matisse to win I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭lodger222

Except it wasnt. It was cut already preshow and glued together somewhat. All he had to do was slice it again. its just sleight of hand stuff

It all happened when he was taking the lemon out of the bag. Why didn,t he allow Alesha to take it out?

actually it is more than likely that he inserted the note like this.

I still reckon it all happened in the bag. But what about the 7 of diamonds

This is nerve - wrecking..

actually it is more than likely that he inserted the note like this.

Either that or he dropped the note into the bag just a split second BEFORE he said "look, there is nothing in my hands" and then in the 5/6 seconds or so that it took him to find the lemon in the bag (sigh.............!) he managed to slip the note in and closed the back of the lemon (which if you look at it he never shows to the camera. Its just quick sleight of hand stuff and a few practices anyone could do it.

How he is in top two is a joke!!

lodger222 wrote: »

forgot about the 7 of diamonds but going by all his tricks so far i imagine it is very explainable also.

I'm disappointed the choir didn’t win but of the two finialiast I glad the dog act won... Didn't a dog act win last year?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm disappointed the choir didn’t win but of the two finialiast I glad the dog act won... Didn't a dog act win last year?

Collabro won last year. A dog act won 3 years ago.

Loughc wrote: »
    Collabro won last year. A dog act won 3 years ago.

Oh, was it 3 years ago? I don't remember the "Collabro" act.

• Advertisement

Just looked up the latter trick (7 of diamonds). Again another magic shop 5 pound trick, "The Invisible Deck". there is zero originality in his tricks and little skill and he is far too nervous and lacking in charm and charisma to be a stage magician. I am not surprised he got voted in considering the majority demographic of voters for these shows. You still have to practice these tricks a good bit of course but after a while they would be bread and butter to most people. If you compare him to any of the magicians (well most of them!) that go onto Penn and Teller's show (which is excellent) he is complete bog standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Halfprice

Watched the final and when the magic act had finished an he was shaking the judges hands i noticed him put his hands up to his neck and make the cut sign. Anyone know why he did that?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,254 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Halfprice wrote: »
    Watched the final and when the magic act had finished an he was shaking the judges hands i noticed him put his hands up to his neck and make the cut sign. Anyone know why he did that?

I'm going to guess that someone was shouting out thar there was a hole in the lemon, thus revealing how the trick was done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

According to the metro (cant link on my phone, apologies), Matisse the dog did NOT do the tightrope trick, a stunt dog did? Surely the act shouldn't have won if the dog didn't actually do part of the trick?

Halfprice wrote: »

I think it was because he wanted to finish his piece there. At the start of the show he said he was going to finish on the trick he done in his audition but after the lemon trick had gone down so well with audience/judges he knew it was the best time to stop as it had a climatic finish to it and he had got his standing ovation. So essentially he cut his act early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I thought the Welsh Choir group were going to win it because of the Welsh vote.

Just watched the video for the cards. brilliant. I must buy a deck. thanks United Chester Men

Just watched the video for the cards. brilliant. I must buy a deck. thanks United Chester Men

They are impressive tricks for someone like us to pull out at a party, I completely agree! But the judges are talking about this guy deserving his own show in Vegas!! And he almost won a quarter of a million!

mikeym wrote: »
    I thought the Welsh Choir group were going to win it because of the Welsh vote.

I thought they were going to win it because they were the best of the night!! I think the dog show was good though but she should have been honest about using multiple dogs from the start as I expect a backlash now sadly for her.

• Advertisement

They are impressive tricks for someone like us to pull out at a party, I completely agree! But the judges are talking about this guy deserving his own show in Vegas!! And he almost won a quarter of a million!

He was caught out in semi final when Simon Cowell asked who wrote "helicopter" on one of the cards.
    Nobody owned up, ....

I,m still trying to work out how the dog managed to walk on the ropes.

Advertisement