Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung NP300E5C, slow internet

Options
  • 11-04-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone :) I've had this problem for a while and it's driving me insane.

My laptop is a Samsung NP300E5C (specs here), which I've had for around 2.5 years. It's always been great but recently there's a problem with the internet. It has to be a problem with the laptop itself, because no other devices are affected.

At random intervals, the internet becomes so slow that it essentially doesn't work (but if I'm on Facebook, it usually keeps working but nothing else does). Then it will just randomly work fine again (I'm writing this after it just happened again :rolleyes:). I've searched online a lot for solutions and usually people ended up having certain programs/processes running, but none of those have applied to me. It also doesn't matter what browser I use. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

I realize this is all quite vague and a bit of a long shot, but if anyone could advise me I'd be really grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Do you perhaps have Avast installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I had a look and I don't, though the name was familiar. I had AVG as my antivirus but I uninstalled it when I read that it can cause that problem, but it mustn't have been that.

Advertisement