Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can I get hops plants?

Options
  • 11-04-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Short one, I read that they are easy to grow and pretty much grow like weeds but where could I get hops plans ideally in Cork?

Thanks,

Phillip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

The secret garden centre near Newmarket sells them, ive heard they're a bit expensive almost twice the price of getting it from the UK.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

TheDuke wrote: »
    I read that they are easy to grow and pretty much grow like weeds
    Maybe in Hallertau, but mine take a bit of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

Thanks guys, can I get this plant posted to me too or would that damage it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Thanks guys, can I get this plant posted to me too or would that damage it?

Can't get any worth planting until the winter

You need to buy this online and plant them in a big pot the day the post arrives

A friend imported 3 from BC legally and this years entire crop made a so so bitterness brew so you need a good few plants

The beernut grew some and I tasted a brew of his with a half kilo of wet hops and aphids and again it was grand but no superstar brew

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Advertisement

Tough crowd indeed beernut :D

Thanks guys and really appreciate the advise - I'll stick with my hop pellets for now. Tettnanger is by far my favourite hops as it gives a great kick especially when dry hopping end of week one.

I'll casually keep an eye open for hops plants - my green house it still in the 'planning phase'... so only the good lord knows when that'll be built ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I'll casually keep an eye open for hops plants - my green house it still in the 'planning phase'... so only the good lord knows when that'll be built ;-)

well, have a google at how tall you'll need to build your greenhouse - think botanic garden style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Don't need one for hops

ah.. didn't know... thanks

Advertisement