Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride on lawn mower

• 11-04-2015 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi All

I have just set my lawn, seed went down Thursday, I am on a 1 acre site with a slight incline in the back part of the garden.
    Can someone give me advice on the best ride on mower to buy, I would like at least a 40 inch base and 18-22HP engine.

Has anyone any recommendations for me?

John Deere, Honda????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thats a hard one to pin-point one particular brand.

I would guess that all of the brands would do the job, its just that some might do it more reliably.

I guess you'd have to way up your budget as there will be a big difference between the cheaper brands and the real top ones. Can you afford new, or would a good, well maintained 2nd hand one be ok for you? Do you need mulching capability? Hydrostatic transmission?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

I would have a budget of 4000. I would want mulching capability and a hydrostatic transmission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thats a hefty budget, you should easily be able to satisfy your requirements with it.

http://www.irishmowers.com/ride-on-lawnmowers.html

Advertisement