Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaked Episodes [**Read Mod Warning - Post 1**]

• 12-04-2015 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Well someone ****ed up folks they have released episode 1 of season 5

Mod Warning: Anyone who asks for links, asks for PM, says "PM sent" gets banned from this forum for 3 months (which will cover the whole season).

First, last and only warning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

Mr.S wrote: »
    They haven't.

Oh dam- he had me for a minute ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

i wonder who did it ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They haven't.

Edit: They have!

EP 01 and 02 in the wild

I can only find 1 at the moment, are you saying 2 episodes have leaked?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

Weird- thought I got it, turned out to be a 25 minute build up documentary- not pleased !!

so im assuming these wore stolen ?

• Advertisement

just fiinished ep 1 on 2 now ha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

So the leaked Ep 2 is real? I'm seeing it popping up everywhere but was instantly suspicious.
    just fiinished ep 1 on 2 now ha ;)

Quality?

Yeah both are real.

Both are 420p / normal audio / Watermarked.

Cheers for that, good to know. I prefer my GoT in high quality. ;D

Episode 3 now up. Holy crap, I'll have to retire from social media.

Downside of all this, if the first 4 are going up, which seems highly likely now, then we're gonna have to wait 5wks for a new episode

• Advertisement

4th episode is now up too. Crazy.

Seems to be a media kit that HBO sent out with the first 4 episodes. Silly :confused:

Oh to be a fly on the wall of the emergency HBO meeting in the morning. :D
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Downside of all this, if the first 4 are going up, which seems highly likely now, then we're gonna have to wait 5wks for a new episode

Another downside will be the amount of people who don't have access that will get S5 thoroughly spoiled.

5 and 6 on the way too :eek:

HBO are not going to be happy bunnies.

where are you seeing that 5 & 6 are on the way? (Not asking for sites)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

It's up, the two episodes. Too late to watch now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah the joys of going to bed at normal hours!

Anyone who asks for links, asks for PM, says "PM sent" from this point onwards gets banned from this forum for 3 months (which will cover the whole season).

First, last and only warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

First 4 episodes appear to be up alright.:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Either someone in HBO is going to get fired over this, or the reviewer who leaked it is going to get sued (if they can find out who it was). Bad morning for HBO....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

The flood gates are open now its on every site.
    With the show being so big it was bound to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Will I or won't I watch? This is going to be tough to resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

they will have to bring the viewings forward for the first 4 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

If these aren't 720p or higher I won't be watching them. Are they all 420p?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Very tempted to watch them but if I rattle them off now that's such a long wait for the second half of the season.

My biggest worry is there will be spoilers everywhere now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Is this the first time a (big) tv series has been leaked before it was aired? Never heard of this happening before. Movies yes, but not TV shows!!

As tempted as I am I will wait. I don't want to wait another 5 weeks to watch the next one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

A mate of mine said it was just posted on one of the sites that the whole season will be up.

Definitely the first time I've heard of this happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

GAME OF THRONES LEAKED EARLY?!
    biDFHU0.gif

Only 5 episodes? Not HD?
    b0PzCNV.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Jofspring wrote: »
    Very tempted to watch them but if I rattle them off now that's such a long wait for the second half of the season.

My biggest worry is there will be spoilers everywhere now.

I'm afraid there's no alternative now, the internet will have to be turned off for the next 10 weeks.

All 420p with watermarks so far from what I read. Not sure how someone managed to get these but I'm more puzzled about how it was even in such a bad resolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I see episodes 3 and 4 are also up now. Jeez. Someone is seriously going to loose their head over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

scudzilla wrote: »

Yeah, it's been painful enough waiting this long. While the idea of a binge watch Sunday is nice, the five week wait is not.

Course if I don't watch them I probably have to avoid the internet for the next 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Yeah both are real.

Both are 420p / normal audio / Watermarked.
    All 420p with watermarks so far from what I read. Not sure how someone managed to get these but I'm more puzzled about how it was even in such a bad resolution.
    Do you guys mean 480p?

Anyways, like I usually do, I'm waiting until all 10 episodes air, then I'll be binge-watching them over a day or two in 1080p. Much more enjoyable. Half a season in lower than 1080p/720p quality means nothing to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I read the episode 8 is available too, and I read a WTF spoiler of that episode too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Do you guys mean 480p?

Anyways, like I usually do, I'm waiting until all 10 episodes air, then I'll be binge-watching them over a day or two in 1080p. Much more enjoyable. Half a season in lower than 1080p/720p quality means nothing to me.

1080 wouldn't be available until the blu rays come out I would have thought? That's a long wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I read the episode 8 is available too, and I read a WTF spoiler of that episode too.

/unplugs router, throws iPhone in the microwave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

....throws iPhone in the microwave

Charging it? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Son0vagun wrote: »

Only episodes 1-4 have been leaked. So far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

jesus this is mad, great start to a Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Just watched them all. Some highlights:

- Didn't really like the Littlefinger recast at first, but Martin Lawrence really made that role his own by around episode 5/6.
    - The musical episode did nothing for me. Works for some shows, but not this. Skip episode 8 if that's not your thing.
    - Too much product placement in this series. Really have to wonder how much the likes of Ford and Motorola are paying the producers.
    - The added laughter track really highlights the gags and funny moments. Not for everyone, but I find it enhances the show.
    - Was dreading the 30 minute episode format when I first read about it, but it really works well, and the 2 commercial breaks don't interrupt the flow of things half as much as I thought they would.
    - Queen Latifah cameo was one of the television highlights of the year.
    - Some of the visual effects were lacking. There were a few scenes where you could tell that the horses were really just a bunch of cats taped together. I assume the budget was limited after they commissioned the new Azealia Banks intro from episode 3 onwards, which is great by the way.

Edit: Forgot to add, even if you're not a fan, watch the finale. The car chase scene is just mind blowing.

So torn on whether or not to put up with the poverty quality but if all 10 episodes do get released, which they're rumoured to be, I think I'd sacrifice quality for not having to wait almost three months to binge watch it. Plus spoilers.

But apparently there are some 720p copies of at least one episode going around now, but this could be trolls on the torrent sites and forums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm torn as well on the quality aspect, as I watch on a 50" TV and I've always watched it in 720p, but the opportunity to watch four brand new episodes in a block is just too tempting. I think I'll watch them on a smaller 32" TV we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Acquired the first episode and it's definitely watchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I've a 46" telly here and the quality is fine, i couldn't wait for them to air too much possibility of spoilers I've already had much of it spoiled from readers in the last 4 series, social media will be alive with spoilers now with these out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

feck these crappy rips, now I have to avoid all GoT talk until the proper episodes have been released

why would you want to watch such crappy quality of a show like this? and then have to wait 6 weeks until the next episode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

For previous seasons there was always a readers thread and a non readers thread. Does this mean there's gonna have to be a third "saw the leaked episodes" thread for a few weeks? Anyway I was torn until I heard there might be more than 4 episodes leaked, looks like I'm going to sacrifice quality...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

kingtiger wrote: »
    feck these crappy rips, now I have to avoid all GoT talk until the proper episodes have been released

why would you want to watch such crappy quality of a show like this? and then have to wait 6 weeks until the next episode

The same reason people bring cameras into a cinema, supply and demand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Mickeroo wrote: »
    1080 wouldn't be available until the blu rays come out I would have thought? That's a long wait!
    No, 1080p HDTV rips, a day after the episode airs. Each episode is 3+ GB and fantastic quality. I don't keep those files though, I also acquire the 1080p Blu-ray rips, where each episode is nearly 6GB. Those I keep for future re-watching.

think its time for HBO to do a Netflix type release, the whole season at once

the cable model is dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Quality is fine to be fair. Nothing wrong with them at all. Great to have 4 episodes to watch.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Quality is fine to be fair. Nothing wrong with them at all. Great to have 4 episodes to watch.

do you still have VCR and a CRT telly :p

may as well rub sand in my eyes as it would be the same result as watching a rip @ 645 Kbps on a 55" telly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

if only someone would leak Winds of Winter we would be set, oh wait!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

kingtiger wrote:
    may as well rub sand in my eyes as it would be the same result as watching a rip @ 645 Kbps on a 55" telly

kingtiger wrote:
    do you still have VCR and a CRT telly

I still wonder why people want to watch in full HD when main thing is storyline here.....the quality is good for 4 episodes of a number 1 series in the world !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

O my ****ing god it's like Christmas!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQYsxWeLrbR7tEgsRGIKt8_pMcmZ27k0ZF4TRqcnqVvDr0aChU

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement