Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaked Episodes [**Read Mod Warning - Post 1**]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

HD is overrated. Sure its the story I'm after, not HD quality of men's arses, unless that's your sort of thing of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

kingtiger wrote: »
    feck these crappy rips, now I have to avoid all GoT talk until the proper episodes have been released

why would you want to watch such crappy quality of a show like this? and then have to wait 6 weeks until the next episode

I'd have to give up facebook, twitter, reddit, youtube and boards to name a few for the next 5 weeks if i didnt watch them because they will def be spoiled

Never thought there were people that would refuse to watch something unless it was in full HD, but here they are, and all in one place.

I wonder how long before they refuse to watch anything in 1080p?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I was wary of spoilers and then I remembered I've read the damn book :confused: Too much whiskey last night.

Probably won't watch them tbh, more for not wanting to wait 5 weeks then quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

season 6 ep 1 and 2 are there now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Bloody hell, great news.

The 5 week wait is gonna be a pain in the bollocks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭camz09

Hey guys, does anyone know where the scene with
    Bronn and his wife and jamie
    is located?? Somewhere in Northern Ireland perhaps? I presume the
    castle
    was not CGI Thanks!!

EDIT: Apologies, everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Basil3 wrote: »
    Never thought there were people that would refuse to watch something unless it was in full HD, but here they are, and all in one place.

I wonder how long before they refuse to watch anything in 1080p?

Wasting a show like this on standard definition is very silly unless you have a CRT TV.

• Advertisement

on one particular website(just one).episode one has been downloaded 186000 times in 3 hours :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people refusing to watch because of "the quality", which is actually grand...

Sure I'd still be happy with VHS quality if that's how they were released. None of this First World HD Problems for me... ;)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wasting a show like this on standard definition is very silly unless you have a CRT TV.

all this talk of hd 720p and 1080p for these leaked episodes is complete rubbish imo.its far from 1080p most of us were rared.

ive seen the quality of the four episodes and they are 100% watchable.
    and if anyone decides not to watch them because of the quality they are deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭C0MM0D0RE64

I have all four episodes loaded up on my flashdrive ready to go, couldnt care a less about 1080 tbh, thats my sunday viewing sorted, thanks for the heads up gentlemen :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

crazygeryy wrote: »
    all this talk of hd 720p and 1080p for these leaked episodes is complete rubbish imo.its far from 1080p most of us were rared.

ive seen the quality of the four episodes and they are 100% watchable.
    and if anyone decides not to watch them because of the quality they are deluded.

Not saying they aren't watchable,just inferior...that's a fact, people wouldn't shell out for a large HD TV if it was the same as a CRT. I'm not deluded, just patient. Waiting over a month for the next episode is the biggest thing putting me off, would rather space them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AH now I had just signed up to HBO Now to watch this.

Then the go and leak it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

camz09 wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone know where the scene with Bronn and his wife and jamie is located?? Somewhere in Northern Ireland perhaps? (I presume the castle was not CGI) Thanks!!

If people are going to start posting about parts of the episodes could they at least spolier them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McGrath5

If people are going to start posting about parts of the episodes could they at least spolier them.

Yes, please please people spoiler any content from these episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Wow, people here have no morals as all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Is it just the first four? Seeing a few reports on Twitter that the full season is in the wild. Someone done f'd up me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Is it just the first four? Seeing a few reports on Twitter that the full season is in the wild. Someone done f'd up me thinks.

It is only the first four. Anything masquerading as episode five onwards is a hoax.

I do hope that anyone downloading this has done so from a private rather than a public tracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I haven't even finished binging on Daredevil yet, and my sky planner is waiting for me to catchup on stuff too. I couldn't handle the pressure of having to watch 4 GoT episodes. One week at a time suits me graaaand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

petrolcan wrote: »
    It is only the first four. Anything masquerading as episode five onwards is a hoax.

I do hope that anyone downloading this has done so from a private rather than a public tracker.

Bit pointless so, only waiting to catch up. Weekly will do me just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I just watched the first episode and i dont know why people are complaining about the quality,it was near perfect for me just as good as HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Just found out about this now =)
    This is making study break very difficult :P

Mr.S wrote: »
    Are you kidding? 0 difference.

You carry on believing that.

Over 70,000 seeds on episode 1. I think you're fairly safe downloading it. Almost impossible to follow the sheer numbers downloading it.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Over 70,000 seeds on episode 1. I think you're fairly safe downloading it. Almost impossible to follow the sheer numbers downloading it.

Fairly easy to grab all the IP addresses in a download swarm.

You carry on believing that.

well why don't you enlighten us.what is the difference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

It's Sky Atlantic who'll be more affected and worried by these leaks I'd say because they depend almost entirely on the advertisements. Not saying HBO won't be affected as well but they depend more on subscriptions, of which they have est. 28m, so they already have their money and lots of people will probably still rewatch the episodes with them for the better quality. Really puzzled how this all happened though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

It's Sky Atlantic who'll be more affected and worried by these leaks I'd say because they depend almost entirely on the advertisements. Not saying HBO won't be affected as well but they depend more on subscriptions, of which they have est. 28m, so they already have their money and lots of people will probably still rewatch the episodes with them for the better quality. Really puzzled how this all happened though.

If I had to guess I'd say somebody uploaded the content from the press preview packs. Also that's what the OP said.

4 episodes seems like a lot.

Sky could possibly renegotiate the price with HBO if they wrote the contract correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

The watermark is probably traceable right?

crazygeryy wrote: »
    well why don't you enlighten us.what is the difference?

A good private tracker site will ensure the security of its users. Invite only making it highly unlikely that someone from the film industry is a member and even if they were, they'd have to maintain a healthy ratio to maintain membership.

IME, private tracker sites also have active forums with advice on setting up torrent clients easily available.

Many years ago, when I lived in a shared house, we got a threatening letter about the download of some film or other. Haven't used a public tracker since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Fairly easy to grab all the IP addresses in a download swarm.

Lol. Do u think HBO or sky are going to come knocking at my door over this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Many years ago, when I lived in a shared house, we got a threatening letter about the download of some film or other. Haven't used a public tracker since.

It was just that, a threatening letter. Nothing, bar maybe having your internet cut off, would come of it.

It was just that, a threatening letter. Nothing, bar maybe having your internet cut off, would come of it.

You're most likely correct but I'm not going to chance it.

Tinfoil hat brigade out in force. The early summer sun must have gotten to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Tinfoil hat brigade out in force. The early summer sun must have gotten to them.

Just as a precaution I've covered the tv in tin foil also.

And changed my name by deed poll.

Oh, and switched off the microwave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

^ The main TV forum is like a ghost town. It is a press pack - there was grumbling in the Sunday Times this morning about certain media being excluded from press previews. If that was going on worldwide, not a problem for a few of them to leak it.
    Nobody loses, the pirates will do what we do and the ardent fans will still fork out for the boxset. Not to mention a free publicity news item.

...now, back to episode 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lol. Do u think HBO or sky are going to come knocking at my door over this?

If they do, demand a trial by combat.

• Advertisement

Gk4qBPo.jpg

Mr.S wrote: »
    Like wise with a private tracker :confused: Look at the member numbers of all the major private sites, they are not exactly, exclusive.

Irish ISP's won't do a tap. That's my point!

But if you think that by being part of a private site is reducing your overall trace of copyright infringement, you need to take internet 101 again ;)

It's an interesting topic. I got a letter while in the UK about copyright infringement, but it was just a shady law firm that sent out thousands of threatening letters, and relied on a 5% hit on people who would settle.

I have friends in Germany, and over there it's up to you to prove that you didn't download something. Not quite sure how that works, but anyway.

In any case, I pay for Sky Atlantic, so wouldn't feel too guilty if I was to download.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Just saw dragons flying over dublin searching for people who watched these leaked episodes !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

On episode 3.
    The quality is absolutely fine, no complaints whatsoever.
    As regards the content of the episodes themselves, I won't go into great detail but
    by episode 3 there is a significant change from the books. I haven't read the books but I've read a good bit of their content online and I know that this storyline is completely different to the books

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

The watermark is probably traceable right?

I read the watermarks have been blurred out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

ps3lover wrote: »
    I read the watermarks have been blurred out.

They have been. There is a rectangular mark in the bottom left hand corner of the screen which probably once contained text of some kind but it has been distorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I don't have Sky Atlantic or HBO Go and I'm also guilt free.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Pretty sure a HBO producer (or something or other) came out publicly a while back and stated that they actually don't mind about it being pirated because it brings their material into the eyes of a wider audience.

It's a good point. Without streams and online downloads I don't think many people would be able to access HBO material as easily. Seeing the quality of show they make might convince a few folks to pay for a subscription (once they can afford it) so they can have it on demand.

Edit: I watched episode one earlier. I have to say the quality was pretty good. I'm extremely jealous of the technology others on this thread have if they can't bring themselves to watch GOT in the quality of those leaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭jaysblades

Well someone ****ed up folks they have released episode 1 of season 5

Mod Warning: Anyone who asks for links, asks for PM, says "PM sent" gets banned from this forum for 3 months (which will cover the whole season).

First, last and only warning.

Send me the link please . Up yours adolf mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Summer is coming.

See you in July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

I've watched two of the new episodes. Absolutely no problems whatsoever with the quality. I don't understand why anyone would be complaining on that front.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement