Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad constantly logging me out

Options
  • 12-04-2015 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, every time I visit boards I have to login, my iPad "forgets" the logon credentials.. Doesn't happen for any other forum/site, any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi there.

When you log in to the site on your iPad, are you logging in to the full site, or the mobile version (m.boards.ie)?

If you are logging in using the mobile version of the site, you should see a little box beside the "Password" field. If you want to be remembered every time you visit the site, place a tick in that box, and you should be fine from that point onwards.

If you are using the full site, place a tick in the box that says "Stay logged in" which can be found under the "Password" field.

Let me know if the problem persists after you have tried whichever of the above is applicable.

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Hi, im logging in on the mobile site and have ticked the "remember password" option. Problem still there, thanks for the help

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

What browser are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Shield wrote: »
    What browser are you using?

Safari on iPad

Thanks for doing that. Just a few more things for you to try to help us narrow down what could be causing the problem:

Check and see if you have Private Browsing turned on? Open Safari, and look to the top right hand corner for this image: ios8_pages_icon.png

Give it a tap, and you should see the word "Private". If the letters are white in colour, then it's not turned on. If the letters are grey or black in colour, and are in a white box, then Private Browsing is turned on, and none of the sites you visit are remembered, neither are their cookies, which would explain why you are logged out every time you visit this site.

Also, on your iPad, tap Settings, Safari, Advanced (down the bottom), Website Data, and tell us if you see www.boards.ie in there among the other sites that you visit?

Can you download another browser like Chrome and tell us if the problem still persists or if Chrome works without a problem?

-Shield.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement