Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

http://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-290/9415747

Seems a savage price for a rough looking yok

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

davidk1394 wrote: »
    All it was, was a loose wire. Its running like a clock now i couldn't fault it only for 1 of the tensioner. Our one is a rp 220 but she's due an upgrade
    Priced a lely tornado there a few weeks ago. €78000 inc vat. Going to demo 1 this season and see how it goes :-)

Jaysus...They're either end of the scale...Would ya not pick up something in the middle no? :P

They can be a disaster though..anything as simple as a bad connection can have you pulling your hair out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Getting an error "423 entity too large" message any time I try to up load a pic

Wtf??
    Stepped on the scales thismorning. Pretty much got the same error :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

_Brian wrote: »
    Stepped on the scales thismorning. Pretty much got the same error :(

''One at a time please'' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

IH784man wrote: »
    Chancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

td5man wrote: »
    Stems ok?

Seem to be. I have no way of measuring, apart from going by feel...
    Inlets anyway aren't leaking up.

It's back on now, just have to root out the I&T for the torque settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Kerry must have a different currency or something. Tractors always seem dear there.:rolleyes:

A friend of mines in mayo,his uncle was looking 7500 for their case 885xl,it was as rough as a dogs arse,they got it too

Kerry must have a different currency or something. Tractors always seem dear there.:rolleyes:

There is a dealer in Fermanagh, in Ballinaleck. Top class second hand machinery, but sky high prices to match. (Hard to listen to as well). He sells loads of tractors and machinery to Cork & Kerry for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    There is a dealer in Fermanagh, in Ballinaleck. Top class second hand machinery, but sky high prices to match. (Hard to listen to as well). He sells loads of tractors and machinery to Cork & Kerry for some reason.

that the mc cullagh lad ya

twud be cheaper buy new machines than buy second hand off him

• Advertisement

Remember looking at a machine there once and the wife was with me. Whatever way he offended the missus I was informed on the drive home that I was banned from buying off him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Tis very rough and looks like it has been parked in a damp shed for a long time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Getting an error "423 entity too large" message any time I try to up load a pic

Wtf??

Crop it, cut off a slice of pixels at the top or a side, I think there's a limit of 4 kbites or mega bites or whatever for a photo.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Way to go _Brian !

Nothing annoys a photographer more that being told that they take "great snaps" :D:D:D

It's a bit like asking a chef for tomato sauce:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

Priced a lely tornado there a few weeks ago. €78000 inc vat. Going to demo 1 this season and see how it goes :-)

Very similar to a fusion 3 plus so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

pajero12 wrote: »
    Jaysus...They're either end of the scale...Would ya not pick up something in the middle no? :P

They can be a disaster though..anything as simple as a bad connection can have you pulling your hair out!

I was thinking of maybe a 245 xtra cut but they said i could demo a uni wrap so i'll take them up on the offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Not exactly farm machinery related but I am sure ye lads can assist.
    Up to this morning I had a 01 Opel Combo with a 1.7 Isuzu engine. It was the old style with the canopy roof. On Saturday I bought a 04 Opel Combo with 1.7 Isuzu engine.
    A friend who is a mechanic (tractors/machinery) told me that the new one had a common real ?? engine and it was a different engine from the old one. He said that it would not be as economical and would probably need more maintenance :confused:

Base price wrote: »
    Up to this morning I had a 01 Opel Combo with a 1.7 Isuzu engine. It was the old style with the canopy roof. On Saturday I bought a 04 Opel Combo with 1.7 Isuzu engine.
    A friend who is a mechanic (tractors/machinery) told me that the new one had a common real ?? engine and it was a different engine from the old one. He said that it would not be as economical and would probably need more maintenance :confused:

A common rail injecter system. It's a system that works with crystals I believe for injecting the diesel into the engine. The whole system works as one rather than individual injectors like an older engine.

Those types don't like dirty diesel too much and can be finiky at times. Don't know an awful lot about them tho sorry.

The one failure with the trooper engine is the injector system. You'd have to dip the oil once a week to ensure there's no diesel dropping in. The O rings around the injectors have a tendancey of going. We're after putting 3 sets into our trooper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

The one failure with the trooper engine is the injector system. You'd have to dip the oil once a week to ensure there's no diesel dropping in. The O rings around the injectors have a tendancey of going. We're after putting 3 sets into our trooper
    is that a 3.0?

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    is that a 3.0?

Yeah. Tis a great machine only for that fault. After costing us an engine a few years back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Base price wrote: »

1.7 Isuzu engine is one of the best engines ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Reggie. wrote: »
    A common rail injecter system. It's a system that works with crystals I believe for injecting the diesel into the engine. The whole system works as one rather than individual injectors like an older engine.

Those types don't like dirty diesel too much and can be finiky at times. Don't know an awful lot about them tho sorry.
    1.7 Isuzu engine is one of the best engines ever made.
    Thanks for the replies.
    Nice to know that there are crystals in the engine - positive energy and all that ;)
    I just have to make sure that I buy diesel from stations that are members of large groups like Applegreen etc, less chance of it been washed stuff.
    I have heard that before about 1.7 Isuzu engine and never to buy a Trooper with the 3 litre engine. The 3.1 was the far superior and go forever.

There are still individual injectors for each cylinder. But instead of a mechanical pump driving a shot of pressurised diesel to each injector in turn, there is full pressure at all injectors, al the time.

And instead of the pressure of the delivered diesel forcing open the injector, as in the old fashioned engine, with the common rail the injector is timed and opened electrically by a computer.

So lots of sensors and electrics to give problems.

Common rail also operated at much higher pressures, and components are machined to finer tolerance's, so ant dirt in the diesel is not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Buying a slurry tank 2000g it has thinner than normal tyres, 23.1, 26, what could be the disadvantages/advantages to these tyres (my land is good land,but a share of road work)

There are still individual injectors for each cylinder. But instead of a mechanical pump driving a shot of pressurised diesel to each injector in turn, there is full pressure at all injectors, al the time.

And instead of the pressure of the delivered diesel forcing open the injector, as in the old fashioned engine, with the common rail the injector is timed and opened electrically.

So lots of sensors and electrics to give problems.

Where did I hear about these crystal things then

Where did I hear about these crystal things then

At your Yoga retreat weekend, perhaps?

:D

At your Yoga retreat weekend, perhaps?

:D

Read it somewhere as in the L200s had them

Edit....I'll take your apology now Nek :D

http://www.swedespeed.com/news/publish/Features/printer_272.html

Read it somewhere as in the L200s had them

Edit....I'll take your apology now Nek :D

http://www.swedespeed.com/news/publish/Features/printer_272.html

I bow to the Great God Google! :D

Never doubted ya, Reggie ;)

• Advertisement

I bow to the Great God Google! :D

Never doubted ya, Reggie ;)

Ya right. Knew there was crystals in there somewhere :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Can't get a bit of grease into pin on wrapper arm.
    will I take it out? Fair weight of an arm to be taking the pin out of

Try to take the pressure off the pin by lowering the arm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Blackgrass

Try opening off nipple and clean out old grease can go hard some times. Got a very very high pressure gun here for special jobs gives only smallest of pumps but will get it going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Swap the nipple with another one on the wrapper and try that. If it works take bad nipple with you to get a replacement. Hard to tell the thread on grease nipples at times.

Swap the nipple with another one on the wrapper and try that. If it works take bad nipple with you to get a replacement. Hard to tell the thread on grease nipples at times.

You can buy a box of assorted grease nipples. Handy to have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Corkfarmer

After doing the silage the last few days, I've come to the conclusion that I should buy my own tedder as its very difficult to get contractor when you want. Anybody price new tedders? 4 rotor lely I'm thinking at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Corkfarmer wrote: »
    After doing the silage the last few days, I've come to the conclusion that I should buy my own tedder as its very difficult to get contractor when you want. Anybody price new tedders? 4 rotor lely I'm thinking at the moment.

Lely 600 combi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Lely 600 combi?

Are they any good?
    I heard there okay but not near as good as a stand alone tedder or rake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Are they any good?
    I heard there okay but not near as good as a stand alone tedder or rake

Better at tedding than rowing but would do until you do better.
    Way ahead of a hay bob for tedding.

Haybobs are useless for rowing for balers leave lumps and they block our baler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Haybobs are useless for rowing for balers leave lumps and they block our baler

What is a better alternative than a haybob for tedding and rowing silage for a round baler?
    Something a 590 2wd would drive.

tanko wrote: »
    What is a better alternative than a haybob for tedding and rowing silage for a round baler?
    Something a 590 2wd would drive.

A 4 rotor tedder and a single rotor rake. Big bucks tho. Looking at around 6 to 7K for the two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭mikefoxo

A 4 rotor tedder and a single rotor rake. Big bucks tho. Looking at around 6 to 7K for the two

That's the big question: will you save enough of diesel & labour, and improve your silage to such a degree that you will not only recoup that money, but also leave you better off?

Depends what your at really,could you get work with the two,do you need quality silage for milkers,do you have the time all that has to be taken in too

Lely 600 combi?
    A standalone tedder is all I need as the contractor will rake it before baler. Lely seem to be the most popular around here.

A standalone tedder is all I need as the contractor will rake it before baler. Lely seem to be the most popular around here.

Can be expensive tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Could you share with a neighbour?

Sometimes them arrangements don't work out the best

Was talking to cousin this evening and hes talking about buying a mower so we might be able to work something out between us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

We have shared a mower and a precision chop harvester between ourselves and neighbour for 30 years. About once every 3 or 4 years we'd be looking for the mower on the same day but it is always taken in turns. Repairs are done together and parts costs are split down the middle.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement