Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

Reggie. wrote: »
    Not really. It would the odd time but that's on a really wet and windy day

Is that not every 2nd day in Westmeath? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

AP2014 wrote: »
    Is that not every 2nd day in Westmeath? :D

Not at all. Not much rain here for the past week ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

dzer2 wrote: »
    get a pressure gauge and plug it into your valves at the back of the tractor that will give you an idea off the pressure in the system. If its low then change the filters if you haven't done so lately. You might need to get the oil checked as well. It might be no harm to change the oil also. If you do all this and there is little or no improvement then you could be looking at a pump replacement. If the pressure is high then you might need to look at the valve chest of the loader. The relief valve might be set low or the spools in the valves could be worn if it is an old or second hand loader.

You can have high pressure and low flow..(pump ****ed usually)

Leak back through pump???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭dzer2

You can have high pressure and low flow..(pump ****ed usually)

Leak back through pump???

It will be pressure that will stop the loader from rising not flow rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Mf 275 the girlfriends father resprayed for his brother a few days back. Don't think it turned out too bad considering it was his first ever time to spray anything!

vRpUcA9l.jpg

From the rear

T2K57fil.jpg

Mf 275 the girlfriends father resprayed for his brother a few days back. Don't think it turned out too bad considering it was his first ever time to spray anything!

Great job but if I can nitpick. The little axle centre in each wheel should be the colour of the chassis not silver. Such a nice job done on it be a pity not to have her right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Blackgrass

Great job but if I can nitpick. The little axle centre in each wheel should be the colour of the chassis not silver. Such a nice job done on it be a pity not to have her right

:rolleyes: Ahhhh now Reggie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Some power here getting ground ready for parsnips. 7290r 6210r 7830 7930 8430 and a good awl 7810!

OGNGclWh.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

micraX wrote: »
    Some power here getting ground ready for parsnips. 7290r 6210r 7830 7930 8430 and a good awl 7810!

Holy crap lad. They'd want to be super parsnips to pay for the diesel for those 6 ladies!!
    What does each one do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Holy crap lad. They'd want to be super parsnips to pay for the diesel for those 6 ladies!!
    What does each one do?

All tescos parsnips. They all rotavate, and the 7290r is GPS guided and runs the drills up behind the rotavator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭annubis

met a lorry with 2 new fusions passing down thru Galway this morning from factory i guess, must be the 5 or 6th such load ive seen this year when going to work, plenty of combi's being sold anyway thats for sure

Blackgrass wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Ahhhh now Reggie

I know I know....put it's so close to being right :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

micraX wrote: »

Fookit I got all excited when you said 7810, what an anti-climax.:(

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

annubis wrote: »
    met a lorry with 2 new fusions passing down thru Galway this morning from factory i guess, must be the 5 or 6th such load ive seen this year when going to work, plenty of combi's being sold anyway thats for sure

Overheard a contractor on the phone who is trying to buy a machine at the moment 'Tis like christmas for the dealers this week, I'd be better off to wait a month':cool:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭White Clover

blue5000 wrote: »
    Fookit I got all excited when you said 7810, what an anti-climax.:(

Ah blue ! Deere have not always made bomb proof tractors but the 7810 definitely was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I meet them all throughout the year around Galway , I wonder do they go somewhere else for finishing or assembly because sometimes the load mightnt have axels under them and another truck might be coming with them and other bits and bobs

Bullocks wrote: »
    I meet them all throughout the year around Galway , I wonder do they go somewhere else for finishing or assembly because sometimes the load mightnt have axels under them and another truck might be coming with them and other bits and bobs
    The wheels are taken off to lower the height of the load. I'd say the wheels are inside the baler chamber as I see them heading to the dublin docks the same way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭annubis

lely supposed to be going good with sales of tornado as well

• Advertisement

I know I know....put it's so close to being right :o

I agree reggie, actually said it to him last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Overspray on tyres and pipes would annoy me more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

Muckit wrote: »
    Overspray on tyres and pipes would annoy me more

If there's one thing I cannot stand when looking at painted machinery it's paint on tyres, wires, pipes etc. Just messy and gives the impression of a rushed quick-fix job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Milton09 wrote: »
    If there's one thing I cannot stand when looking at painted machinery it's paint on tyres, wires, pipes etc. Just messy and gives the impression of a rushed quick-fix job.

Pipes wires filters etc come sprayed from factory first day in a Lott of cases....I agree it looks terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Prob being exported

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

insertimage.gif

Not sure if this worked but first round of the field done with the new harvester yesterday.

Ok didn't work. Can anyone tell me how to Upload a picture off my iPhone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

Smalltom wrote: »
    insertimage.gif

Not sure if this worked but first round of the field done with the new harvester yesterday.

Ok didn't work. Can anyone tell me how to Upload a picture off my iPhone?

Go to postimg

image.jpg

Browse to get your picture,select what size you want it,click family safe (:pac:) then press up load.

This should come up then,

image.jpg

Once it loads this will come up,

image.jpg

Then go to the link I circled,copy it then paste it here,

image.jpg

Then that's it, your image is uploaded

image.jpg

Anyone know much about a MF 50EX? There is one for sale on done deal that I have half a notion of looking at , anything to watch out for with them ?

20150523_143418.jpg

.aha good man :D
    Kovu will be delighted now as I won't be annoying her to embed the pics anymore :D

20150523_143418.jpg

Is he after overtaking you !

Is he after overtaking you !

Caught up with him while in TD5man country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

Anyone know much about a MF 50EX? There is one for sale on done deal that I have half a notion of looking at , anything to watch out for with them ?

Cross between the 50hx digger and a tractor. Try to get one with the tractor back end if you can. They have lift arms, hitch and pto. More useful in a frm environment but would need a weight box at the back.

Front end is the same as the digger. Check loader for wear on the joints and that it is not leaking. 3 hydraulic service isn't always used so make sure that works. Front axel can take a lot of abuse but make sure the 4wd engages with out any knocking. Check bearings on the pivot and hubs for wear.

Electric shuttle is very handy but check that the lever hasn't be damaged and selects and more importantly dis engages ( fella in north cork got crush by one a few months ago after it went back into gear while he was taking plastic off a silage bale).

Most late 80's cabs are sh1te due to rust but newer ones are better. Only 4 gears but make sure each can be selected easy and the shuttle works ok in them. If you can look to get a high speed starter do so, we had the old Bosch one in ours for a a few years and it a curse. Small battery in them and it needs to drive the tourqe converter to start. Finally splashed out and got a high speed starter and have never looked back, great not having to jump start off the car in the middle of winter.

yellow50HX wrote: »
    Cross between the 50hx digger and a tractor. Try to get one with the tractor back end if you can. They have lift arms, hitch and pto. More useful in a frm environment but would need a weight box at the back.

Front end is the same as the digger. Check loader for wear on the joints and that it is not leaking. 3 hydraulic service isn't always used so make sure that works. Front axel can take a lot of abuse but make sure the 4wd engages with out any knocking. Check bearings on the pivot and hubs for wear.

Electric shuttle is very handy but check that the lever hasn't be damaged and selects and more importantly dis engages ( fella in north cork got crush by one a few months ago after it went back into gear while he was taking plastic off a silage bale).

Most late 80's cabs are sh1te due to rust but newer ones are better. Only 4 gears but make sure each can be selected easy and the shuttle works ok in them. If you can look to get a high speed starter do so, we had the old Bosch one in ours for a a few years and it a curse. Small battery in them and it needs to drive the tourqe converter to start. Finally splashed out and got a high speed starter and have never looked back, great not having to jump start off the car in the middle of winter.

Thanks , he said the 4wd isn't working and doesn't know what's wrong with it , can that run into much to fix think ?
    It's manual with no shuttle so I'm guessing it's like a 390 gearshift and the pto and everything else is working grand .

Thanks , he said the 4wd isn't working and doesn't know what's wrong with it , can that run into much to fix think ?
    It's manual with no shuttle so I'm guessing it's like a 390 gearshift and the pto and everything else is working grand .

4wd might just be a fuse or a switch. Manual shuttle won't be much better then going from a tractor.

Would be worth your while calling MP crowlys in cork. They are dealers for them and a very good to deal with.

4wd might just be a fuse or a switch. Manual shuttle won't be much better then going from a tractor.

Would be worth your while calling MP crowlys in cork. They are dealers for them and a very good to deal with.

From what he said I don't think there is any shuttle in it .
    I was looking for a tractor more than a loader but only really for light duty work so I'm figuring that the loader might be handier .
    I might give them boys a shout alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Done In the nick of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Done In the nick of time

Is that 1 of those new Un manned GPS tractors ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭Jb1989

ellewood wrote: »
    Is that 1 of those new Un manned GPS tractors ??

Yip. Winter project done. Got all the bits of eBay, major success, fairly reduces manpower.
    Only glitch is the lights have to be on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

image.jpg
    free image hosting

Thanks to IH784man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Kevin is the man to talk to re massey industrial.

td5man wrote: »
    Kevin is the man to talk to re massey industrial.

They had one without PTO or 3pt linkage for 11k , it was more than I'd spend but it has me wondering is the other one too cheap at 6k .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Thanks to IH784man.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic pic. Is that this year?

Smalltom wrote: »
    image.jpg
    free image hosting

Thanks to IH784man.

No bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

They had one without PTO or 3pt linkage for 11k , it was more than I'd spend but it has me wondering is the other one too cheap at 6k .

Would say 8k would be about right.
    Know a dealer who bought a 4wd mf digger and the gears had been removed from the front hubs cost a good bit to replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dryan

Done In the nick of time

Love the extra weight on the front axel. ;)

Done In the nick of time

There will be no rushes growing on that patch for a while anyway!

td5man wrote: »
    Would say 8k would be about right.
    Know a dealer who bought a 4wd mf digger and the gears had been removed from the front hubs cost a good bit to replace them.

Neighbour mine bust his front hub a few years ago, was an expensive mistake.

All depends on what you want to use it for. While some have a travtor rear end they are only really suit for very light farm work. Because it's only got 4 gears and uses a tourqe transmission it's not ideal for any heavy draft work.

All depends on what you want to use it for. While some have a travtor rear end they are only really suit for very light farm work. Because it's only got 4 gears and uses a tourqe transmission it's not ideal for any heavy draft work.

It would be light work , the brother sold the fathers 956 to buy a 5140 and he has it done up to the nines so I don't want to be driving it too much for the smaller jobs like topping , fertiliser. He will be using the 5140 still for slurry and silage still .
    There is no torque in the one advertised just a straight gear box like a 390 he said

It would be light work , the brother sold the fathers 956 to buy a 5140 and he has it done up to the nines so I don't want to be driving it too much for the smaller jobs like topping , fertiliser. He will be using the 5140 still for slurry and silage still .
    There is no torque in the one advertised just a straight gear box like a 390 he said

Can you get the same gearing for doing those kind of jobs? Would be worth trying to see if you can get the right speeds for that kind of work.

• Advertisement

Can you get the same gearing for doing those kind of jobs? Would be worth trying to see if you can get the right speeds for that kind of work.

I don't know but would have presumed so , if not the pto wouldn't be alot of use to me then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement