Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Got a bit of an upgrade today
    20150530_143919.jpg
    picture uploader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭White Clover

Reggie. wrote: »
    20150530_143919.jpg
    picture uploader

Lovely outfit there now Reggie
    Best of good luck with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭smokey-fitz

20150530_143919.jpg
    picture uploader

Looking good. Self levelling is very handy, did your last loader have it? You keep the 398 looking well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Great to see mchale start to make mowers. No doubt they will be savage well made

pThzSjml.jpg?1

Great to see mchale start to make mowers. No doubt they will be savage well made

They were on the go last year being tested

That's gonna start some family row there

• Advertisement

Looking good. Self levelling is very handy, did your last loader have it? You keep the 398 looking well.

Yeah the new loaders about a foot longer than the old one. Seems like a mile away from the seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

20150530_143919.jpg
    picture uploader

Flynns?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

20150530_143919.jpg
    picture uploader

Flynn's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Bullocks wrote: »
    It would be light work , the brother sold the fathers 956 to buy a 5140 and he has it done up to the nines so I don't want to be driving it too much for the smaller jobs like topping , fertiliser. He will be using the 5140 still for slurry and silage still .
    There is no torque in the one advertised just a straight gear box like a 390 he said

5100 series case are a good tractor have one here 15 years. Any chance of a picture.

Flynn's?

Yep on both accounts

• Advertisement

td5man wrote: »
    5100 series case are a good tractor have one here 15 years. Any chance of a picture.

Tasty thing to look at also esp with the black rims

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I can't seem to upload pictures off the new phone , or at least can't find the option when I'm posting but ill take a few tomorrow and give it a go again .
    New stickers , spray job and tyres in the last few weeks so its nearly a shame for me to drive it :D

See if this works , there's only a tiny bit of machinery in it but it might qualify for this thread

WuFNbaul.jpg

I have it figured I'll put up a few pics of it tomorrow!

See if this works , there's only a tiny bit of machinery in it but it might qualify for this thread

Good old wain Roy.

Good old wain Roy.

That one is an industrial one with just a front loader , cuts out all the silage from the pit on less than 2 tanks of juice a year . We had the proper wainroy with back actor aswell for years and its torturing 6 levers for using the back bucket !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭Jb1989

dryan wrote: »
    Love the extra weight on the front axel. ;)

Can't bate the quick addition 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭Jb1989

IH784man wrote: »
    There will be no rushes growing on that patch for a while anyway!

Must take more pit stops across the worse parts in future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Yeah the new loaders about a foot longer than the old one. Seems like a mile away from the seat

If it's a foot further from the tractor, I'd guess you're next project will be a counterweight, those masseys are very light behind.
    You'll see some difference with the loader itself being heavier and the extra reach as well

rangler1 wrote: »
    If it's a foot further from the tractor, I'd guess you're next project will be a counterweight, those masseys are very light behind.
    You'll see some difference with the loader itself being heavier and the extra reach as well

How is the Zetor with front loader ? Id say they are heavier in that regard

• Advertisement

Have one already made. The backend on mine ain't too light. It's the 399 backend that's in the 398. Far heavier

20141118_112627.jpg
    print screen

In saying that rangler1;95155715 it was a wild drive home yesterday with no soft drive on her I can tell ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Have one already made. The backend on mine ain't too light. It's the 399 backend that's in the 398. Far heavier

20141118_112627.jpg
    print screen

You're a gas man Reggie - I just spotted the Massey badge on the counter weight :)

You're a gas man Reggie - I just spotted the Massey badge on the counter weight :)

I'm screwed if I ever change brands :)

5140 that the brother did up

nVKi1gdl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

How is the Zetor with front loader ? Id say they are heavier in that regard

Yea, she's heavy all right, had to unload a 6 tonne load of meal last year when the hauliers mounty broke down, wasn't really fair on it, should've taken half ton off the 1.5 ton pallets, it took them down all right but I had to leave the pallet on the ground every time I wanted to turn the steering.....pallets put the load a long way out

A beauty ! Is it powershift ?

Yea, she's heavy all right, had to unload a 6 tonne load of meal last year when the hauliers mounty broke down, wasn't really fair on it, should've taken half ton off the 1.5 ton pallets, it took them down all right but I had to leave the pallet on the ground every time I wanted to turn the steering.....pallets put the load a long way out

Thats a a good weight to be lifting , are the hydraulics well fit for it ?
    Could give a few brown trouser moments when a back wheel starts lifting :D

A beauty ! Is it powershift ?
    It is , well 1234 doesn't need clutching and has a shuttle on the dash . Its lovely but I'll have no comfort cos there will be war if i scratch it or dirty the cab !
    I preferred the 956 the old lad had TBH.

It is , well 1234 doesn't need clutching and has a shuttle on the dash . Its lovely but I'll have no comfort cos there will be war if i scratch it or dirty the cab !
    I preferred the 956 the old lad had TBH.

I know what you mean about minding it ! Looks well with the new boots under it

• Advertisement

I know what you mean about minding it ! Looks well with the new boots under it

The back ones only went on yesterday , i was warned if they get any cuts they have to be replaced !

She's a beaut. I think td5 just soiled himself ;)

She's a beaut. I think td5 just soiled himself ;)

A real tractor,looking good .

Still waiting to see yours

20141118_112627.jpg
    print screen

In saying that rangler1;95155715 it was a wild drive home yesterday with no soft drive on her I can tell ya

Saw a 398 with a loader split at the bellhousing it actually did it twice.
    Why no soft drive, you couldn't sit in the tractor without it, I have it on all the time .

The international / case would beat the mf any day sure , with or without paint :D

• Advertisement

Still waiting to see yours

My one used to look like that , but it's done 20k+ hours since then.

My one used to look like that , but it's done 20k+ hours since then.

If the brother could put 20k hours hire on that he would be happy out , he is working for a contractor but would like to be doing more of his own stuff

That one is an industrial one with just a front loader , cuts out all the silage from the pit on less than 2 tanks of juice a year . We had the proper wainroy with back actor aswell for years and its torturing 6 levers for using the back bucket !

Started contracting with a 50b with 4 lever back actor couldn't manage the 2 lever at all when I upgraded.

Started contracting with a 50b with 4 lever back actor couldn't manage the 2 lever at all when I upgraded.

What did you upgrade to ? The young lads around here wouldn't put up with that crap , they wouldn't drive anything that isn't servoed up to the nines for too long .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Snap! Started with a Massey 65 with the 4 levers. Took a while to adjust to JCB'S 2 levers. Now I'm a danger to be let onto anything with Hitachi pattern levers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

a jcb man used to do all the drainage in the area around here

he destroyed the place with the curse of a jcb

have bought land that he was working on before hand and I have made land out of it after a lot of earthmoving.

there was a lad on the go around here 30 years ago with a d8 dozer and he was the only man to get for reclaiming land

jcbs are a disaster of a machine in my book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

have bought land that he was working on before hand and I have made land out of it after a lot of earthmoving.

there was a lad on the go around here 30 years ago with a d8 dozer and he was the only man to get for reclaiming land

A kinvara man? If so did an awful lot of reclaiming around here with a d8 too.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Snap! Started with a Massey 65 with the 4 levers. Took a while to adjust to JCB'S 2 levers. Now I'm a danger to be let onto anything with Hitachi pattern levers....

3165?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

A kinvara man? If so did an awful lot of reclaiming around here with a d8 too.

no a galway man, he recontoured the land to make it throw the water

instead of going in with a jcb and digging dykes every 30 yards and throwing the diggings up on the side of the ditch:mad:

What did you upgrade to ? The young lads around here wouldn't put up with that crap , they wouldn't drive anything that isn't servoed up to the nines for too long .

Mcconnel pa44 50b 50h 50hxs 860 ex100-1 ex120-5

The old lad did the world of drainage in our place with a wainroy and it turned out grand but if they were deep he had a dozer aswell to spread out the spoil .
    It would depend on the way he went about it rather than the machine I think .
    For what they were back actors did an awful lot of work years ago before track machines got popular and some lads were dingers on them

Saw a 398 with a loader split at the bellhousing it actually did it twice.
    Why no soft drive, you couldn't sit in the tractor without it, I have it on all the time .

Seen it too. Bet he hadn't the extra bracing to the back axle. My brackets go from the front to around the back axle like a hedgecutter

No soft drive as the eeletronic swith didn't come in time so has to be installed next week

3165?

I think it was officially a 765.
    Perkins 203 engine, round axle, no hyd. lift or pto. Instant Reverse 4 speed , (built by Funk, I think?)
    The back actor was Massey's "Terrier" model. Which has to rate as one of the best names you could give to a small back-hoe. You had to pull out a lever on the left side to transfer oil flow to the back actor.

The old lad did the world of drainage in our place with a wainroy and it turned out grand but if they were deep he had a dozer aswell to spread out the spoil .
    For what they were back actors did an awful lot of work years ago before track machines got popular and some lads were dingers on them

Any pictures of the dozers?
    Would have a good bit of work for one here might have to be a d8 though.

The father told me once about going over to his cousins place, in the late 50's/early 60's, to see a Massey 135 based digger his cousin had bought. It was a wonder at the time, with Hydraulic rams!
    Before that, it was either the pick and shovel, or a wire rope RB.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement