Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Cattle slurry is a lot thicker than pig slurry

Pig farmer neighbour have one for around 5 yrs at this stage. Still using it. Also have trailing shoe. Moscha gets more use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Reggie. wrote: »
    Just work against the wind lad.

The wind was blowing east and I was working north to south. Had to over lap. Worked fine but back of the tank was destroyed. It does spread a lot wider than the splash plate and empties a lot quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    The wind was blowing east and I was working north to south. Had to over lap. Worked fine but back of the tank was destroyed. It does spread a lot wider than the splash plate and empties a lot quicker.

Ah sure powerwasher will cure that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

What price is the mosha

mengele wrote: »
    What price is the mosha

Sausy enough about €1200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Close to theee hours of a Cat 972m clearing snow. Forget your “white noise” storms to get you to sleep, watch this instead.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dMCVaQGxhkQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Sillycave

Had a look at a lely spendimo 240 recently...is a very clean looking mower and only 2 years with not much work done...price is reasonable but just concerned about getting parts for it should the need arise...any people here know what the situation is with parts now that MF bought them and stopped making them?

Sillycave wrote: »
    Had a look at a lely spendimo 240 recently...is a very clean looking mower and only 2 years with not much work done...price is reasonable but just concerned about getting parts for it should the need arise...any people here know what the situation is with parts now that MF bought them and stopped making them?

I think companies have to supply parts for 10 years or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Sillycave wrote: »

Should be no problem. I have one it's grand. Joe Whelan has the spares for them in Clare (and others)

Are you sure they stopped making the mowers?

Figerty wrote: »
    Should be no problem. I have one it's grand. Joe Whelan has the spares for them in Clare (and others)

Are you sure they stopped making the mowers?

Yeah. The mowers, tedders and rakes are not built anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Pic is of Flawborough farms, summer 2017 iirc.

Technology will be the death of us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

N

Technology will be the death of us all.
    Nah if they were clever they’d have the gps on full auto mode and behave obstacles plumbed in for the cheap chunks of meat they use as steering wheel attendants.
    Must admit lads here have 2 iPads with unlimited data for sky sports and tv shows for the 3 o’clock jump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Ya I was wondering why they were putting it up now

Well bollocks it anyways :rolleyes:

476933.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Give it a half turn, and lift it again .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

its custom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Ya made it fit:)

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »

I wish. May get a new one and leave that one on the weight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

I wish. May get a new one and leave that one on the weight

Drop it back to the dealer and complain it was bent when you went to use it :D

And buy a 25E one for the weight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Most of us would be happy to do that but not Reggie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Grueller

Anybody know anything about these.
    For a 4ft shear grab. I am currently cleaning low houses with a 4000 that are to low for the tractor and am contemplating shifting the 4000 and looking at this as an upgrade.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/1997-case-221b-loader-s-n-13907-2/21488612

Fine looking shovel, but is it really any lower than a 4000?
    World of a difference in comfort, though!

Edit. 9 foot 2 inches to the top of the cab.... thats the same as a Deere 3140 with the SG2 cab...

wrangler wrote: »

Not that but last thing I want is the toplink to snap with an implement on

• Advertisement

Ya the 4000 has loads of space but my other tractor is too high. This would be an upgrade on the 4000 and also remove the burden of winter feeding off of the other tractor which has a manual shuttle and a dry clutch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

I’d be looking for a new top link from the dealer, it’s not a month old shur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Panch18 wrote: »
    I’d be looking for a new top link from the dealer, it’s not a month old shur

Twas the homemade weight that bent the top link when lift was raised to the last. It's a sickner. But these things happen as careful as you are.

I had my own sickner the other night. Getting a silage bale out of tight spot in yard and drove too close to the end of a treaded gate hanger. Put a small gash in rear tyre. Only put on new in Summer. Still holding air and not bulging so might have gotten away with it but I was hopping after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Grueller wrote: »
    For a 4ft shear grab. I am currently cleaning low houses with a 4000 that are to low for the tractor and am contemplating shifting the 4000 and looking at this as an upgrade.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/1997-case-221b-loader-s-n-13907-2/21488612

I've heard a few times that parts are hard got fir them. Dont know if its true or not but find out if you go looking at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

And they do snap when they are put under pressure after they have been bent/damaged.

Did you not keep the top link off the old tractor ?

• Advertisement

9935452 wrote: »
    And they do snap when they are put under pressure after they have been bent/damaged.

Did you not keep the top link off the old tractor ?

No a toplink is supposed to stay with a tractor. Not worth chancing a damaged toplink with the likes of a mower or tedder. For the sake of €200 or €300

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Any decent blacksmiths near you? 5 minutes in the fire will straighten that out.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

blue5000 wrote: »

Any decent blacksmiths near you? 5 minutes in the fire will straighten that out.

Would it not be weakened though?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Suckler wrote: »

Would it not be weakened though?

AFAIK it's just mild steel in them, so no need to temper them.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »

A press will straighten it too and won't take off the paint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

A press will straighten it too and won't take off the paint

I don't think it would straighten it right. It's hollow in the middle.

I know what he are saying lads but I'd never trust it with a heavy implement afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭emaherx

I know what he are saying lads but I'd never trust it with a heavy implement afterwards.

I tend to agree with you on this one. Just leave it on the weight.

emaherx wrote: »
    I tend to agree with you on this one. Just leave it on the weight.

That's the plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Get a skid steer, Lower than a tractor, more manueverable and bees knees for feeding silage with a grab. Deadly for cleaning out sheds too.

• Advertisement

MfMan wrote: »
    Get a skid steer, Lower than a tractor, more manueverable and bees knees for feeding silage with a grab. Deadly for cleaning out sheds too.

Used to hire one here, very poor on land in wet weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

What kind of heights can they go up to with a grab?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

What kind of heights can they go up to with a grab?

About 9/10 feet anyway.
    Not really meant to travel on land in wet weather, but few smaller machines are.

Would love one but think they are a little bit of a one job machine and find ig hard to justify the cost.
    I rang a couple of case dealerships today looking for random parts for that loader. Kev wasn't wrong, parts would be difficult got as very very few were sold in this part of the world. I'll keep the eyes open a while longer and keep doing the lotto.

Are McCarthy plant down in Cork not Venieri dealers now in Ireland?
    They have a good reputation, I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

I've an 1800 gal tanker on the smaller russian wheels. I have a 100 hp 6pot older tractor. She handles it no bother to her. I could do with a bigger tank. Few fields away from the home place and days to do it limited etc. Would a tank with the big wheels be much easier pull? Ie would say a 2000 or 2200 tank with big wheels feel about the same to pull? Don't want to dog the tractor but would like to go a bit bigger. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭The Rabbi

I've an 1800 gal tanker on the smaller russian wheels. I have a 100 hp 6pot older tractor. She handles it no bother to her. I could do with a bigger tank. Few fields away from the home place and days to do it limited etc. Would a tank with the big wheels be much easier pull? Ie would say a 2000 or 2200 tank with big wheels feel about the same to pull? Don't want to dog the tractor but would like to go a bit bigger. Thanks

JD 3130 2WD here handled 2000gal major no problem. Also used 80hp case fwd,just took more gear changes. For road work make sure you have good brakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Would love one but think they are a little bit of a one job machine and find ig hard to justify the cost.
    I rang a couple of case dealerships today looking for random parts for that loader. Kev wasn't wrong, parts would be difficult got as very very few were sold in this part of the world. I'll keep the eyes open a while longer and keep doing the lotto.

What about a JCB 2cx.... they seem to be similar size and much more common?....local dairy farmer here had one for feeding... loves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

We went from a 1600 gallon abbey on russian wheels to a 2300 gallon hispec on big recessed wheels.

in wet ground the 2300 was easier to pull.
    Where you would get caught out with the bigger tank is hills/slopes.
    The tractor could be on its knees trying to pull a full tank up when it meets an incline.

The other thing you need is good brakes on the tank

A friend borrows a 2500 gallon tank and spreads with a 95hp 7740.
    He reckons you could be going for the low box to get up some steel slopes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

jimmy G M wrote: »
    What about a JCB 2cx.... they seem to be similar size and much more common?....local dairy farmer here had one for feeding... loves it.

Jcb 520s are a nice very compact loader also, bigger and less of a one trick pony than skidsteers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement