Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Have you checked the battery and starter?

Yup. Mechanic been out twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

What happened here?
    64675070_2413903162268878_4810121101004767232_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQl8h701sT5lbfH7YZA4dWy8bXekHJSi00sGmdAYoJFoQFPO1XubhpKSb3Ljbi_h1Tk&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=e916b3f82e1449e9fd473102aad56eda&oe=5D82D1DE

Edit-apparently in a crash with a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Nothing good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭roosterman71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

timple23 wrote: »
    What happened here?
    64675070_2413903162268878_4810121101004767232_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQl8h701sT5lbfH7YZA4dWy8bXekHJSi00sGmdAYoJFoQFPO1XubhpKSb3Ljbi_h1Tk&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=e916b3f82e1449e9fd473102aad56eda&oe=5D82D1DE

The tractor got tired

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    The tractor got tired

Tyred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭hopeso

Not the first time a Deutz snapped under pressure....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNI4887Cq9g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

What happened here?

Transformer film reject...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

What happened here?

Good opportunity to change the clutch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

hopeso wrote:
    Not the first time a Deutz snapped under pressure....

Saw a picture today on fb, actually thought when I clicked on that link that that's what it was going to be bit it was a deutz again fairly new looking split in half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

What happened here?

I wonder had it a double bale handler on at the time. It is in a silage field after all.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Would look like it ran away on a steep bit, and dropped down onto a lower field.
    Probably dragged to where it is in the photo to allow loading onto a truck at the gateway.

Is this a weakness in the Deutz or is it a common across all tractors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Saw a picture today on fb, actually thought when I clicked on that link that that's what it was going to be bit it was a deutz again fairly new looking split in half

I saw a picture of it on fb too and a car had drove into the side of the front tyre.
    Car looked to be a write off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

One for the Landini fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭bamayang

If that doesn’t get him back posting, nothing will!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Advise please.
    I was going to buy this hydraulic toplink for OH as the one he has is well over 10 years old and leaks oil. This one (I think) has a gaget to stop it from leaking. https://www.agridirect.ie/product/hydraulic-toplink-cat-2-21.62

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Base price wrote: »
    Advise please.
    I was going to buy this hydraulic toplink for OH as the one he has is well over 10 years old and leaks oil. This one (I think) has a gaget to stop it from leaking. https://www.agridirect.ie/product/hydraulic-toplink-cat-2-21.62

It has a check valve which doesn't allow the ram to move unless its told to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Advise please.

That gadget wont stop it from leaking...but deos seem good value top link

Its most likely.damaged/scrathed piston or seals gone hard caused leak on your old one

Reggie. wrote: »
    It has a check valve which doesn't allow the ram to move unless its told to
    So that is good if your using the land leveler or a three furrow straight plough.

• Advertisement

So that is good if your using the land leveler or a three furrow straight plough.

It should be good....like it lets yous set top link from inside cab

Ive never done enough ploughing etc to give a review of it

But i will say make sure it has same ends as old top link (it should like,just be 100% certain tractor is cat 2,even visual check it)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Attie Ross

Length would be another factor.

_blaaz wrote: »
    It should be good....like it lets yous set top link from inside cab

Ive never done enough ploughing etc to give a review of it

But i will say make sure it has same ends as old top link (it should like,just be 100% certain tractor is cat 2,even visual check it)
    We do feck all ploughing except for the GLAS (Wild Bird Cover) so I doubt we will put it to the test :)
    When you say the same ends and cat 2 I presume you mean the ball joints at the end of the lift arms. I think they are the same or near enough as to make no difference.

When you say the same ends and cat 2 I presume you mean the ball joints at the end of the lift arms. I think they are the same or near enough as to make no difference.

Ya...exactly

Attie Ross wrote: »
    Length would be another factor.
    IMO length, depth and width is always a factor when tilling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

He means the length of the top link base

Reggie. wrote: »
    He means the length of the top link base
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Naughty!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

How’s your Monday going ? Luckily I got it in time so no major damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Sheepman2

Would a 100hp John Deere be able for a 10ft trailed mower conditioner? Would be on plenty of hills and steep ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Sheepman2 wrote: »
    Would a 100hp John Deere be able for a 10ft trailed mower conditioner? Would be on plenty of hills and steep ground.

6 cylinder or 4?

I'd be inclined to say no for both on hilly steep ground but a 6 would probably have the low down grunt to soldier on.

That said it'd be hard on the tractor.

A trailed 8ft would be a grand match.

I would have thought so.

I've seen quotes from 8hp/ft up to 10hp/ft so you'd be on the money with 100hp for a 10ft mower.

Of course, it depends on your forward speed and how you've set up the mower and its maintenance.

Are you baling or clamp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

On the flat yes. Up a hill no. It’d probably drive a 540 rpm mower but not a 1000 speed box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

davidk1394 wrote: »
    On the flat yes. Up a hill no. It’d probably drive a 540 rpm mower but not a 1000 speed box

Similar machines with 1000 rpm gearboxes are easier driven than ones with 540 gearboxes,
    That's why they're used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

6 cylinder or 4?

I'd be inclined to say no for both on hilly steep ground but a 6 would probably have the low down grunt to soldier on.

That said it'd be hard on the tractor.

A trailed 8ft would be a grand match.

100hp will have no trouble with a 10ft Mower. I cut 100 acres once with a Kuhn KC300 on a Zetor 6340 (75hp) and it had no great issue. You wouldn't fly mind!

I mow my own stuff with either a TS115 (100hp) or 7610 (103hp) on a Deere 1360 and both barely register a drop in rpm even on an incline.

8ft mowers are the devil, may as well go the whole hog and buy a 5ft 6 PZ!!!

• Advertisement

Plenty of hills and steep ground sounds a bit more challenging than an incline though...

8ft mowers are grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Would a 6 pot 95 horse power tractor power a 10 ft non conditioner mower no bother?

Also, what brand of 20ft rake would you recommend for a farmers machine? Second hand handy money type. Cheers

Would a 6 pot 95 horse power tractor power a 10 ft non conditioner mower no bother?

Also, what brand of 20ft rake would you recommend for a farmers machine? Second hand handy money type. Cheers

Ya it should work it.

Couldn't comment on what sorta rake, at that age and price bracket you'd be buying on condition more so than brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sheepman2

I would have thought so.

I've seen quotes from 8hp/ft up to 10hp/ft so you'd be on the money with 100hp for a 10ft mower.

Of course, it depends on your forward speed and how you've set up the mower and its maintenance.

Are you baling or clamp?

Already running an 8ft, runs away with it. I know id have to drop a few gears but might not be too far away.

Baling but rake after the mower anyway.

Thanks everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Sheepman2 wrote: »
    Already running an 8ft, runs away with it. I know id have to drop a few gears but might not be too far away.

Baling but rake after the mower anyway.

Thanks everyone

I do mow for a lad beside me and the odd time it's a 6330 premium that's mowing. Two mowers, 4328 with swarther and a 4332 without a swarther. It mows away fine at around 10kmph,hit a hill and you are coming back in gears but it's able.

And on the gearboxes,the 4332 has a 1000rpm box and the 4328 has a 540rpm box. The 4332 is easier keep going,more inertial force keeping it running. The 4328 is harder kept drove with small horsepower,the tractor is revved lower.

With bigger horsepower (T6-140,6920s,6830s) you wouldn't really notice the difference. There's enough grunt to back up even though you'd be mowing up near 12kmph and above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I do mow for a lad beside me and the odd time it's a 6330 premium that's mowing. Two mowers, 4328 with swarther and a 4332 without a swarther. It mows away fine at around 10kmph,hit a hill and you are coming back in gears but it's able.

And on the gearboxes,the 4332 has a 1000rpm box and the 4328 has a 540rpm box. The 4332 is easier keep going,more inertial force keeping it running. The 4328 is harder kept drove with small horsepower,the tractor is revved lower.

With bigger horsepower (T6-140,6920s,6830s) you wouldn't really notice the difference. There's enough grunt to back up even though you'd be mowing up near 12kmph and above.

How much extra horsepower would a conditioner need? I was offered a 9' mounted conditioner mower earlier this week but said I'd think about it for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

How much extra horsepower would a conditioner need? I was offered a 9' mounted conditioner mower earlier this week but said I'd think about it for a few days.

No more extra if it's all the hp you got. With less horsepower all you are doing is trading forward speed to maintain revs be it a conditioner mower or non conditioner. Keep the mower spinning at 540/1000 and it's doing the same job.

A 9ft conditioner mower is a fair decent lump to be hanging off the side of a tractor. But if the price is right then it's hard refuse. You'll have greater flexibility when to mow between the showers.

We have our own 8ft Malone non conditioner drove with an A95 valtra. It works away grand for our own silage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

No more extra if it's all the hp you got. With less horsepower all you are doing is trading forward speed to maintain revs be it a conditioner mower or non conditioner. Keep the mower spinning at 540/1000 and it's doing the same job.

A 9ft conditioner mower is a fair decent lump to be hanging off the side of a tractor. But if the price is right then it's hard refuse. You'll have greater flexibility when to mow between the showers.

We have our own 8ft Malone non conditioner drove with an A95 valtra. It works away grand for our own silage.

Thanks for that, running a Claas disco 2650 with a JD5100m and the option of cutting for bales with a conditioner would be an attraction. Might be a bridge too far this year, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

wrangler wrote: »
    davidk1394 wrote: »

Similar machines with 1000 rpm gearboxes are easier driven than ones with 540 gearboxes,
    That's why they're used

Totally agree. We have a 10 ft kuhn in the yard with a gyrobox.
    Way easier driven in the 1000 box . It drops revs quicker in the 540 box.
    We were running an old kuhn and a jd 1365 alongside each other at one stage on identical tractors . Kuhn was 1000. Jd was 540. Kuhn always walked away from the 1365.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

9935452 wrote: »
    Totally agree. We have a 10 ft kuhn in the yard with a gyrobox.
    Way easier driven in the 1000 box . It drops revs quicker in the 540 box.
    We were running an old kuhn and a jd 1365 alongside each other at one stage on identical tractors . Kuhn was 1000. Jd was 540. Kuhn always walked away from the 1365.

It stands to reason, tractor has to be geared down to 540 and the mower then has to be geared up to whatever, much more efficient to only gear down to 1000.
    I'd imagine it needs less torque at the hgher speed, less wear and tear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Since you’ve been a loyal Class customer I’d expect them to equal or even better the quote from NH. There must be some reward for being a good client. Is the NH backup as good as Claas?

I presume it’s the 10.90?
    We’d a 9230 and 30’cut in wheat last year. Local contractor was at it for a neighbor in the same field with a 10.90 and a 40’ cut. He was doing 0.7km faster and with an extra 10’. Very impressive indeed.
    I would wonder how they would cope in a wet harvest in lodged sprouted wheat?

Bit of back story but the jist is insurance companies hicking cover for big lexions as claas had an issue they wouldnt fix. Costing them a good few sales and bad pr with new models due next year. They couldnt even get back into farms at a reduced rate that did burn last season due to the threatened iincrease in premia. I suspect they'll have to have a fancy deal for insurance worked in for next year.

Anyone know how to check the gear box on a cross agitator for oil?

whelan2 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to check the gear box on a cross agitator for oil?

Assuming it's similar to other agitators, the simplest way is to do it with the agitator in the tank. The gearbox is level in that position. There should be a bung half way down the back of the gearbox. That's the level, when oil starts to flow there. There should be another bung on top, for filling the oil..

hopeso wrote: »
    Assuming it's similar to other agitators, the simplest way is to do it with the agitator in the tank. The gearbox is level in that position. There should be a bung half way down the back of the gearbox. That's the level, when oil starts to flow there. There should be another bung on top, for filling the oil..

No bung . Just a tiny air breather.

whelan2 wrote: »
    No bung . Just a tiny air breather.

No bung anywhere?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement