Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Dawggone wrote: »
    The trailed Claas were supposed to be soft alright.
    They are giving a good throw for the old mowers and 3yrs full warranty on the mounted ones.

He has the trailed plus a 10ft mounted and 8ft front mounted. Has a 160hp claas driving them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Reggie. wrote: »
    He has the trailed plus a 10ft mounted and 8ft front mounted. Has a 160hp claas driving them

Tbh we are possibly a little over horsed for the likes of 10' mowers, but we drive them in eco mode. A bit of care is needed when starting them off in eco mode due to high torque stresses...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Contractor near me has a flat mower, cannot understand it. A contractor any good should have a conditioner mower

Don't think it makes any great odds really. I do all the raking for him and don't notice any great difference in wilting between the two. If you want to get a right wilt you'd want to be tedding it and he was gone to the stage where he was doing that in most places anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

We moved from a flat to a conditioner last year and it is a great job. I reckon it gets wetter after you cut it with the flat. We also ted it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭MF290

We moved from a flat to a conditioner last year and it is a great job. I reckon it gets wetter after you cut it with the flat. We also ted it then.

Does it take much more to drive the conditioner?

No I don't think it takes much more. We drove the 8ft conditioner flying it with 100hp easy. If you barely have enough power, you can adjust the flap above the conditioner to make it easier to drive, great job.

No I don't think it takes much more. We drove the 8ft conditioner flying it with 100hp easy. If you barely have enough power, you can adjust the flap above the conditioner to make it easier to drive, great job.

It definitely does take a good bit more power to drive a conditioner from my experience of them. Had 2 10'6" Krones non conditioner on a 6830 mowing this summer and it managed away the finest, not a hope in hell would it have been able to drive them if there was conditioners on them. You'd want another 50-60 ponys under the bonnet.

It definitely does take a good bit more power to drive a conditioner from my experience of them. Had 2 10'6" Krones non conditioner on a 6830 mowing this summer and it managed away the finest, not a hope in hell would it have been able to drive them if there was conditioners on them. You'd want another 50-60 ponys under the bonnet.

Didn't think there was that much of a difference

6830-140hp 70hp per flat mower put a 10ft conditioner on a 70hp tractor and it might drive them to the field!

• Advertisement

6830-140hp 70hp per flat mower put a 10ft conditioner on a 70hp tractor and it might drive them to the field!

My point exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Anyone have any experience of the mounted 10' Claas mowers with conditioners?

Have a couple of Pottinger 10' trailed mowers that need changing, and Claas seem to be giving good value.

Contractor i work for bought a new one last year and bought a second one this year, spent the summer driving one of them and have no complaints what so ever, never gave any problems, only thing is you would want a bit of weight if your on a side of a hill but I don't think weight or power would be an issue for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Lads is 8 % interest in the ball park for machinery loans ?
    A young lad was asking me today if i knew anything about buying a new (secondhand tractor ) , he met a finance man that was offering him that . I think he is mad to bother because he doesn't really need a better tractor .
    Any typical loan agreement ye could educate me on ? I've never borrowed for machinery and haven't alot of advice for him

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Carrigogunnell

Bullocks wrote: »
    Lads is 8 % interest in the ball park for machinery loans ?
    A young lad was asking me today if i knew anything about buying a new (secondhand tractor ) , he met a finance man that was offering him that . I think he is mad to bother because he doesn't really need a better tractor .
    Any typical loan agreement ye could educate me on ? I've never borrowed for machinery and haven't alot of advice for him

I was taking to the bank last week about borrowing for a tractor and baler I have being renting a outfit for the last number of years. Anyway they would not finance anything older than 2011 for 5 years. So for 80000 they wanted 22320 a year and the first payment paid up front that's boi financing. Some crack trying to come up with that money. I think it works out somewhere at 8%. Have to go back next week and talk to mr bank manger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I was taking to the bank last week about borrowing for a tractor and baler I have being renting a outfit for the last number of years. Anyway they would not finance anything older than 2011 for 5 years. So for 80000 they wanted 22320 a year and the first payment paid up front that's boi financing. Some crack trying to come up with that money. I think it works out somewhere at 8%. Have to go back next week and talk to mr bank manger.

so you'd have to hand back 3 grand as soon(or before) as you got approval????

ganmo wrote: »
    so you'd have to hand back 3 grand as soon(or before) as you got approval????

No ive to give back 22230 on approval The 8% is the total interest of the 80000. I am going to see if I can get another direct loan off the bank to pay the 22230 to boi finance but then I could get caugh to give back 45000 in the first year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

So you're only borrowing 68k so

Bigus wrote: »
    So you're only borrowing 68k so

Off boi financing Ya that's all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

U must be doing hire work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Off boi financing Ya that's all

You're borrowing 80000 and paying 22320 up front so you're actually only getting 58000, is it 5 repayments of 22320 or 111600euros they want for the use of 58000......are you sure it's not a moneylender you have there

rangler1 wrote: »
    You're borrowing 80000 and paying 22320 up front so you're actually only getting 58000, is it 5 repayments of 22320 or 111600euros they want for the use of 58000......are you sure it's not a moneylender you have there

It's 4 payments of 22320 with the first payment to be paid when the loan is approved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭valtraman

Tell that lad to go and get a quote somewhere else those figures are mad unless he has no financial history with any bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

It's 4 payments of 22320 with the first payment to be paid when the loan is approved.

Ah, even so it's giving back 90000 for the use of 58000,....sounds a lot.
    We(IFA) met the banks earlier in the year and AIB was a good bit cheaper then, might be worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

Agriloan secured on land with plenty of excess ie land secured on twice value of loan etc. Good finance records etc I got 5.5 off AIB, priced with Ulster and BOI all the same or near as. Looking at that 8 per cent for unsecured machinery loan sounds about right. Lad could crash the damn thing week 1.

Did the banker have breeches, boots, riding helmet and a whip?

I signed for a couple of mowers today...
    0.8% fixed for 5yrs.

Did the banker have breeches, boots, riding helmet and a whip?

I signed for a couple of mowers today...
    0.8% fixed for 5yrs.

Claas

Reggie. wrote: »
    Claas

Yea went with them. Giving 3yrs full warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Yea went with them. Giving 3yrs full warranty.

Its hard to beat claas finance

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Its hard to beat claas finance

No it's bank financed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

No it's bank financed.
    Different countries, Dawg.

We will be ridden bareback for a good few years until an alternative provider of finance appears.

5.5% from aib here

• Advertisement

rangler1 wrote: »
    Ah, even so it's giving back 90000 for the use of 58000,....sounds a lot.
    We(IFA) met the banks earlier in the year and AIB was a good bit cheaper then, might be worth a try.

That's a very good point rangler1. As I said ive to talk to them agsin tomorrow.

Big Phil was talking about cheaper credit a while back there, anything happening in that regard ?

valtraman wrote: »
    Tell that lad to go and get a quote somewhere else those figures are mad unless he has no financial history with any bank

Why do you say that? I don't have much in terms of loans and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

I asked about that at a Farmers Meeting For Munster area in early June. Was large meeting to head of AIB Munster there, Teagasc, fellow from Dept etc. Response from AIB was knew nothing but meetin in June in Dublin with some European lad. Was in no rush to commit. Pressed about Young Farmers and statment from Hogan etc and was answer "AIB is commited to provifing the best rates to its customers" a true go away response. 2 to 3% loans were menat to be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭valtraman

Banks look up your financial history for late payments and some other stuff like that also other current commitments .anyway I believe those figures look mad expensiive,look at hirepurchase or leasing or a different bank but when you have the figures get accountant to look at them as there are different tax implications with each option

Getting in the festive mood today

Getting in the festive mood today
    Give er plenty your... 620???

Give er plenty your... 620???

No its a 530 4 cylinder engine. Plenty big for baling and dumper work. Shook hands on a deal for a baler this evening for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Jez you'd need to be making a lot of bales to make/justify those repayments. How much is the renting option costing you? Would you be as well off paying a contractor to do your bales.

• Advertisement

No its a 530 4 cylinder engine. Plenty big for baling and dumper work. Shook hands on a deal for a baler this evening for it

Is it CIS or CEBIS??? What baler you get?? looks unreal with the lights.

Is it CIS or CEBIS??? What baler you get?? looks unreal with the lights.

Its a CIS. But with the cebis extras like extra lights, electric spool valves extra hydraulic couplings. We have a lely rp 220. Traded it in for a new lely rp 245 Xtra Cut S. Looked at other brands like mchale john deere claas and even kvernaland

Its a CIS. But with the cebis extras like extra lights, electric spool valves extra hydraulic couplings. We have a lely rp 220. Traded it in for a new lely rp 245 Xtra Cut S. Looked at other brands like mchale john deere claas and even kvernaland

Must do a heap of bales do ye?? Never seen a CLAAS 500/600 series with CEBIS in this country.

Must do a heap of bales do ye?? Never seen a CLAAS 500/600 series with CEBIS in this country.

CEBIS are nice but over complicated sometimes. Ahh nothing major I'm trying to build up the amount again only do roughly 4,500 to 5k. Theres about 5 different lads around us who do baling within a square mile.

valtraman wrote: »

I went to aib. They will do it over 5 years and no payment until October. So for 80000 over 4 years they want €22718 back per year and for 5 years it's €18475. I am going to register for vat in January so if the toast cost is €80000 included vat and give vat back straight away it's making the repayment at €14200 per year. Any comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

A peek inside Belmacs factory making a slurry tanker;

• Advertisement

Doesn't show ya much

Quick question. Are cb radios or 2 ways in much use any more in tractors ?? A friend of mine have then in there harvesting fleet. They seem a good job thinking of putting them into our few tractors

Quick question. Are cb radios or 2 ways in much use any more in tractors ?? A friend of mine have then in there harvesting fleet. They seem a good job thinking of putting them into our few tractors

Think most big fleets have them

I reckon most lads with a few tractors or more would have them fitted. Great job I'd say.

I reckon most lads with a few tractors or more would have them fitted. Great job I'd say.

Which would be better a 2 way or cb ??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement