Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Which would be better a 2 way or cb ??
    I have not got a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Reggie. wrote: »
    Doesn't show ya much

If he showed you anymore you'd be making them yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

If he showed you anymore you'd be making them yourself.

Who says I wouldn't give it a belt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

It definitely does take a good bit more power to drive a conditioner from my experience of them. Had 2 10'6" Krones non conditioner on a 6830 mowing this summer and it managed away the finest, not a hope in hell would it have been able to drive them if there was conditioners on them. You'd want another 50-60 ponys under the bonnet.
    10ft krone here driven by 105hp massey. Shes well opened up though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Sounds about right to me gg.

Many hills tho. We run a 10ft with a 6190 and you would want the extra weight and power on the hills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Reggie. wrote: »
    Many hills tho. We run a 10ft with a 6190 and you would want the extra weight and power on the hills

Waa plenty hills in wicklow when she was on a 95hp blizzard;)
    She cut 1000 acres in her first yr
    Only done 200 a yr since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Which would be better a 2 way or cb ??

Depends! Two ways have a better range probably, clearer but it's a private line normally, well not as open as a cb.

They are a great job, normally working for the first week of the grass then slowly stop working after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Always used 2way radios in Ireland.

Need a permit here though...

Dawggone wrote: »
    Always used 2way radios in Ireland.

Need a permit here though...

Need a permit for a 2way??????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭inthepit

I think you had to have clearence from the local sargent to use a licenced relay
    station to get signal if 2way's were 5 miles from base or each other.
    That was 30 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Friend after landing with this yoke yesterday. 180.7 profiline, brought it for a good rip today and it's as nice a tractor as I have ever sat up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Random question lads but would an engine from a mf 355/ 360 bolt straight onto a 35 / 135?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭poor farmer

Its just the baler :):)

Yeah yeah

• Advertisement

Its just the baler :):)

Ya but still needed a tracked digger to eventually get it out, and that was at the top of the field.

rushvalley wrote: »
    Random question lads but would an engine from a mf 355/ 360 bolt straight onto a 35 / 135?

I haven't a clue but highly doubt it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Grueller

Friend after landing with this yoke yesterday. 180.7 profiline, brought it for a good rip today and it's as nice a tractor as I have ever sat up on.

Neighbour here bought one last year. I spent a day at slurry on her when he was under pressure and mowed 40 acres for him another day. Found her to be savage comfortable and has unreal visibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Lad was telling me tm 150 and 170 are the best of the bigger power tractors, opinions???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Lad was telling me tm 150 and 170 are the best of the bigger power tractors, opinions???

Don't know much about em but two lads that had their own machines with different contractors here both had tm155. One lad upgraded to the newer nh's and says he regrets changing and the other lad is the one tractor he won't change, very reliable. Ploughing, one pass, and drawing grass maize and grain are the main heavy work they would do I think

Contractor here had a TM150 and the engine went after a modest 8000hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭9935452

Lad i work for had a 8360 which left the yard with 16000 hrs , nothing ever done with the engine bar turning it up to 180hp at the pto.
    I saw her for sale a few years later with a genuine 7000hrs and a respray . The clock when it hits 10k hours goes back to zero.

Out of curiosity was the contractors tm150 turned up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We have a tm125, bought it new in 2000, apart from a new clutch after 12 hours its a great tractor

9935452 wrote: »
    Lad i work for had a 8360 which left the yard with 16000 hrs , nothing ever done with the engine bar turning it up to 180hp at the pto.
    I saw her for sale a few years later with a genuine 7000hrs and a respray . The clock when it hits 10k hours goes back to zero.

Out of curiosity was the contractors tm150 turned up ?

Yes I think it was turned up a bit, every TM I have ever seen has always been turned up for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

kevthegaff wrote: »

A tm 175 is probably the worst tractor ever made. A cousin runs a fleet of tm tractors at silage and he tried selling the tm 175 and couldn't sell it constantly giving electrical or turbo trouble. They still have a few tm 165 going strong after 13k + hours

A few of us getting ready for the ballyhale tractor run in kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

they're all too new and shiny for a road run!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭White Clover

Ye should take the cabs off for the day!

Muckit wrote: »

Im too fond of my creature comforts

Saw a lad heading off yesterday morning on a ferguson 20. He looked bitter cold. Was a tractor run about 7 miles away. I'd say he was frozen by the time he got there

Was that the tullyallen one?

I really don't get tractor runs. Sitting on a tractor 6 days a week and then handing money over to do it of a Sunday

Was that the tullyallen one?

I really don't get tractor runs. Sitting on a tractor 6 days a week and then handing money over to do it of a Sunday
    yup, it's for a a good cause, they got a big turn out

Muckit wrote: »

Is this what your after

whelan2 wrote: »
    yup, it's for a a good cause, they got a big turn out

Ah yeah it was a great cause I won't deny that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭inthepit

I heard 250 turned up.Saw a TS abandoned with a puncture.I'm told a few overheated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Good programme on utv about steam engines.

Edit, only part of the Programme.

• Advertisement

Ballyhale was in the news this evening.

2015-12-31 15.14.19.jpg

2015-12-31 15.19.25.jpg

2015-12-31 15.23.24.jpg

2015-12-31 15.21.30.jpg
    This is the A frame that I use. Sorry about picture quality.
    You can see how the attachment is bolted and an eye with pin for the fert spreader.
    I welded the attachment to the scraper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

pedigree 6 wrote:
    373269 This is the A frame that I use. Sorry about picture quality. You can see how the attachment is bolted and an eye with pin for the fert spreader. I welded the attachment to the scraper.

What weight are those A frames suitable for? And how much? Have a 1 tonne amazone spreader and 1 main tractor able to handle it. So it would save me borrowing a neighbours to do the loading!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

I think you can get a fram where the pto can hook on to it some way with out leaving the cab

Edit - here's one image.jpg

Don't really know how you could line up the pto and hook it on at the same time

raypallas wrote: »
    What weight are those A frames suitable for? And how much? Have a 1 tonne amazone spreader and 1 main tractor able to handle it. So it would save me borrowing a neighbours to do the loading!

Couldn't tell you what weight it's suitable for. You might be able to find out on teagle or accord website as basically they are the same A frame. I can tell you that I put 1 tonne in my vicon spreader and it handles it ok. When I bought the spreader that was my issue as well so I bought the A frame and attachment for it as well as part of the deal. The biggest nuisance is hooking and unhooking the pto and hydraulic pipe but that's not bad. I bought it 5 years ago and I saw e205 inc vat on it today still wrote on it in marker.
    There's a few people have these around here including contractors with them on the front linkages. I still get asked did the bale spike break on it. I can leave it attached and hook up to a trailer as well. You can use it with an ordinary top link but I put the hydraulic toplink on it as it allows you to scoop in under it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

IH784man wrote: »

Don't really know how you could line up the pto and hook it on at the same time

Video of it in action here
    youtube.com/watch?v=LrRPQdZMxm0

ganglsystems.com/en/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

ganmo wrote: »
    Perfect except for the Meath jersey

Haha and I'm not sure about those sunglasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

pedigree 6 wrote:
    Couldn't tell you what weight it's suitable for. You might be able to find out on teagle or accord website as basically they are the same A frame. I can tell you that I put 1 tonne in my vicon spreader and it handles it ok. When I bought the spreader that was my issue as well so I bought the A frame and attachment for it as well as part of the deal. The biggest nuisance is hooking and unhooking the pto and hydraulic pipe but that's not bad. I bought it 5 years ago and I saw e205 inc vat on it today still wrote on it in marker. There's a few people have these around here including contractors with them on the front linkages. I still get asked did the bale spike break on it. I can leave it attached and hook up to a trailer as well. You can use it with an ordinary top link but I put the hydraulic toplink on it as it allows you to scoop in under it.

Thanks I'll definitely look into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement