Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Stronger back ends???

As talking to lads who went to the ploughing....the smallness of the new Massey back ends (particular 56series) was a source of conversation given there supposed horsepower...would they over heat in sustained work

That's a problem with the 6 cyl 399 at times. Can split at the bell housing if used for real heavy draught work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Reggie. wrote: »
    That's a problem with the 6 cyl 399 at times. Can split at the bell housing if used for real heavy draught work

Often wondered about the supposed horsepower of their new 3cyl engine??

I question how powerful it can be....as for ever revolution it'll be missing a power stroke vs a 4 cyl....maybe there good etc....but if you put say 20 odd round silage bales behind it....I'd love to read more farmer reviews of it (I'm a wicked nerd!)

Often wondered about the supposed horsepower of their new 3cyl engine??

I question how powerful it can be....as for ever revolution it'll be missing a power stroke vs a 4 cyl....maybe there good etc....but if you put say 20 odd round silage bales behind it....I'd love to read more farmer reviews of it (I'm a wicked nerd!)
    Its all about emissions nowadays nothing more. Built to last ain't on the agenda

Its all about emissions nowadays nothing more. Built to last ain't on the agenda

Ya...it's pure sh1te so it is....

To make less smoke you need to burn more diesel :mad:

Ya...it's pure sh1te so it is....

To make less smoke you need to burn more diesel :mad:

Yeah makes no sense when ya think of it. Most lads I know are going back to the older masseys and John deeres and just keep repairing thrm

Yeah makes no sense when ya think of it. Most lads I know are going back to the older masseys and John deeres and just keep repairing thrm

:eek: :eek:

Though the ad blue isn't that bad like IMO

Though they need to be worked hard to clear themselves/get the best out of them....just keep it topped up...though for lad doing low enough hours....it's questionable alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A bit of advice.
    My brother bought a 01 Isuzu flat bed lorry last Oct/Nov. He has had no problems with it so far and it starts and runs well. He brought it into his mechanic during the week for a service and the mechanic said that there was a problem with the oil/intercooler ?? thingie. Apparently there was oil in the radiator water. The mechanic said it was problem with them and not to be worried. He said that some sort of seal gets weak which allows the oil to leak into the water and that you don't really need the oil/intercooler thingie in Ireland.
    What do ye reckon. Does my brother have a serious problem?

Base price wrote: »
    A bit of advice.
    My brother bought a 01 Isuzu flat bed lorry last Oct/Nov. He has had no problems with it so far and it starts and runs well. He brought it into his mechanic during the week for a service and the mechanic said that there was a problem with the oil/intercooler ?? thingie. Apparently there was oil in the radiator water. The mechanic said it was problem with them and not to be worried. He said that some sort of seal gets weak which allows the oil to leak into the water and that you don't really need the oil/intercooler thingie in Ireland.
    Is it an engine oil cooler??
    As an inter cooler is a different beast altogether (cools air going into engine)

Am Isuzu truck should live forever (within reason)

:eek: :eek:

Though the ad blue isn't that bad like IMO

Though they need to be worked hard to clear themselves/get the best out of them....just keep it topped up...though for lad doing low enough hours....it's questionable alright

The ad blue is some stuff to rot an exhaust

As an inter cooler is a different beast altogether (cools air going into engine)

Not sure tbh. My brother said oil cooler when I was talking to him on the phone. I presumed he meant intercooler cause it says it on the front of the truck and my Pajero says intercooler on it :confused:

• Advertisement

It's essentially piss

**no one piss into their adblue tanks

It's essentially piss

In a nutshell

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭MF290

It's essentially piss

Urea isn't it? You could be onto something with pissing into the tanks!

MF290 wrote: »
    Urea isn't it? You could be onto something with pissing into the tanks!

From pigs I'm told

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭9935452

Zetor crystals has an engine oil cooler and the seals used to go on it leaving water into the engine oil. The solution was to bypass the water from going through the oil cooler

i'm told that people are just using water in their ad blue tanks . Less exoensive and it saves the exhaust

9935452 wrote: »
    i'm told that people are just using water in their ad blue tanks . Less exoensive and it saves the exhaust

Would that not mess up the engine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Suckler

It's introduced only in the exhaust so it doesn't go in to the cylinders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

A bit of advice.

If it's the oil cooler yes it can be bypassed. Really only needed in hotter climates or if he's doing a lot of heavy hill work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Lower thread is gone on the drop arm of the CX90
    Is there a way of getting this pin out or are we talking gas and a hydraulic press?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

As talking to lads who went to the ploughing....the smallness of the new Massey back ends (particular 56series) was a source of conversation given there supposed horsepower...would they over heat in sustained work

Can turn down the hydraulic output in them I think to stop that from happening. I suppose they are a smaller farmers tractor. The 6600 series is much the same power in the smaller models as the 5600 so they have a stronger back end.

Suckler wrote:
    It's introduced only in the exhaust so it doesn't go in to the cylinders.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's bull****. There are sensors in the exhaust to check all that. People that put in water and other sh1te have it all disconnected and the sensors tweaked. I think ad blue is a way better system than the dpf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Lower thread is gone on the drop arm of the CX90
    Is there a way of getting this pin out or are we talking gas and a hydraulic press?

Drown it in Penetrating Oil for a few days, and hit it a crack of a hammer whenever you pass by. There could be a ridge / groove worn in the pin as well, and of course it's hard to get a direct drive at the end of the pin with the rear wheel in place. Looks like the pin has been "dry" for a while.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's bull****. There are sensors in the exhaust to check all that. People that put in water and other sh1te have it all disconnected and the sensors tweaked. I think ad blue is a way better system than the dpf.

I suspected as much....the only possible solution I could think of is two dummy sensors and injector....even at that would it not be tied into engine revs/limp mode??

Either that or go bolixing with engine ecus???
    Or just do a Volkswagen on it

mayota wrote: »
    If it's the oil cooler yes it can be bypassed. Really only needed in hotter climates or if he's doing a lot of heavy hill work.
    Thanks I will let him know. He only uses it for carrying building material.

• Advertisement

Anyone know anywhere I might source second hand wide wheels off a claas 46. Doing alot of looking but no joy. Maybe someone breaking a 46. Can get new ones off agrigear but gonna try to source second hand ones first.

Elderly neighbour was stopped by the traffic corps driving his tractor. It is still on UK number plates and they told him to register it here on Irish plates. The poor man is in a panic. He does have insurance but no tax, he rarely has it on the road. He has the tractor 4 or 5 years.
    I had a look at the Revenue website to see what registering entails but cannot make much sense of it. Can anyone talk me through the process and what paperwork he needs.

Elderly neighbour was stopped by the traffic corps driving his tractor. It is still on UK number plates and they told him to register it here on Irish plates. The poor man is in a panic. He does have insurance but no tax, he rarely has it on the road. He has the tractor 4 or 5 years.
    I had a look at the Revenue website to see what registering entails but cannot make much sense of it. Can anyone talk me through the process and what paperwork he needs.

You can ring Shannon in the morning and talk to someone there but I believe you now have to bring the tractor to an nct centre to be cleared. It costs €200 now I think. He might have to back tax it aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Suckler

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's bull****.
    :confused: I missed the, obviously hilarious, gag.
    There are sensors in the exhaust to check all that. People that put in water and other sh1te have it all disconnected and the sensors tweaked. I think ad blue is a way better system than the dpf.

All I was saying was Adblue doesn't go in to the cylinders ie. it's not mixed with fuel. It (adblue or water if that's what a lad uses) is pumped in to the exhaust - in response to -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

Has he the log book for the tractor? As Reggie said you can ring Shannon for info. Be sure to say he's just bought the tractor. There'll definetly be no back tax due. €200 to vrt.

• Advertisement

Bloody tractor wouldn't come out of 4wd this morning. Thought the bloody solenoid was after going again. Thankfully only a fuse. Bad form averted :D

mayota wrote: »
    Has he the log book for the tractor? As Reggie said you can ring Shannon for info. Be sure to say he's just bought the tractor. There'll definetly be no back tax due. €200 to vrt.

It migh not be quite as easy as that. Its the exact same as a car to clear , as in bring to an nct centre for inspection but he will have to show his receipt for buying the tractor, some say you could use a hand written receipt but as its english he will probably get caught for vat on a hand written receipt.
    The other thing is showing proof of when it was imported.
    If he bought it off a dealer i would go back to him and get him to register it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Piling the dung to the sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Anyone have a rough idea how much it would cost to get a new starternew clutch full set of lights and handbraje tighten on a massey 135 thanks in advance

Better living everyone

Anyone know anywhere I might source second hand wide wheels off a claas 46. Doing alot of looking but no joy. Maybe someone breaking a 46. Can get new ones off agrigear but gonna try to source second hand ones first.

Lely Ireland in kilnoggan on the kilcullen athy road have a heap of old balers. Spotted a few 46s there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Lely Ireland in kilnoggan on the kilcullen athy road have a heap of old balers. Spotted a few 46s there

Is that deerings? They used to break machinery.
    Our local tractor breaker had a few claas balers for breaking.

No answer from them

td5man wrote: »
    Is that deerings? They used to break machinery.
    Our local tractor breaker had a few claas balers for breaking.

That could be them..

No answer from them

I could get you one of the sales reps number If it would be of any use ?

I could get you one of the sales reps number If it would be of any use ?

Cheers but I think I'm sorted now

• Advertisement

Oh look what the postie brought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

How big was the stamp? :O

How big was the stamp? :O

Imagine the cost of the stamp :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Wheel weights?

ganmo wrote: »
    Wheel weights?

Yep. Genuine 300 series massey weights. Never seen them in my life. Extremely rare. Didn't even know they existed

Had wheel weights on a 690 before but don't know if they were genuine or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Yep. Genuine 300 series massey weights. Never seen them in my life. Extremely rare. Didn't even know they existed

Do you mind posting a pic when they are on, thx.

Had wheel weights on a 690 before but don't know if they were genuine or not.

Loads if them out there by GKN the makers of the shanky rims that the masseys use but the ones that were made and stamped by massey are very rare

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Do you mind posting a pic when they are on, thx.

No problem. Want to give them a lick of paint beforehand tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

No problem. Want to give them a lick of paint beforehand tho.

Red would look the part

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement