Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windscreen replacement

• 12-04-2015 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

My windscreen needs replacing, decent sized crack coming from the top of it. Two questions.....

I assume any normal windscreen place will take motorhomes in?

With the standard Dolmen policy, is there an excess on windscreen claims, and will it affect my policy in the future?, i.e does it count as a claim on my policy

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

kelbal wrote: »
    My windscreen needs replacing, decent sized crack coming from the top of it. Two questions.....

I assume any normal windscreen place will take motorhomes in?

With the standard Dolmen policy, is there an excess on windscreen claims, and will it affect my policy in the future?, i.e does it count as a claim on my policy

Thanks

No excess theres a per claim limit of 2500, per year limit of 3500. If its an a class some places might not want to know.

You have to use a Dolmen agent too. Say you sourced the glass yourself for ¼ the price Dolmen wouldn't cover it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

You have to use a Dolmen agent too. Say you sourced the glass yourself for ¼ the price Dolmen wouldn't cover it. :rolleyes:

It doesn't really matter if they are paying for it. They will approve vendors that are not on their list if you give them the details beforehand.

I sourced the side glass myself and the local guy preapproved with axa me supplying it. I'm bet he charged them full whack for it though.

I had a rear window replaced:
    Mercedes quote OEM toughened glass shipped from Germany: €100 inc. VAT
    Autoglass quote laminated, cut in store & installed: €400 inc. VAT, covered by Dolmen, re-tinted the other window myself after they scratched the tint off using it as a template.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

kelbal wrote: »

I imagine it will affect your policy, its a claim regardless of you having windscreen cover.

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    I imagine it will affect your policy, its a claim regardless of you having windscreen cover.

Not with Dolmen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Not with Dolmen.

I imagine if one makes a claim the following years insurance renewal will have a nice premium increase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    I imagine if one makes a claim the following years insurance renewal will have a nice premium increase?

Not with Dolmen. It doesn't effect the premium.

I had a rear window replaced:
    Mercedes quote OEM toughened glass shipped from Germany: €100 inc. VAT
    Autoglass quote laminated, cut in store & installed: €400 inc. VAT, covered by Dolmen, re-tinted the other window myself after they scratched the tint off using it as a template.

Feckers thats a joke, local place tinted mine too in the replacement. Funniest bit was after I collected the van I came out of the supermarket to find the guy cleaning my window. The tape they use to stop it moving while setting had left some residue he spotted it as i was driving off and followed me.,, now thats service :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement