Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

190 visa second payment

• 12-04-2015 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I

I'll be submitting my skill s assessment next week,(first steps) but I've just stumbled across this second payment thing, does anyone know what if any the second payment is for a 190 visa 2 adults 3 under 18 possibly 2 under 181? It's 7k for first. also typically when does this have to be paid if applicable.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

ElKavo wrote: »
    Hi guys, I

I'll be submitting my skill s assessment next week,(first steps) but I've just stumbled across this second payment thing, does anyone know what if any the second payment is for a 190 visa 2 adults 3 under 18 possibly 2 under 181? It's 7k for first. also typically when does this have to be paid if applicable.

thanks

Have a look at this :

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/Pricing-Estimator.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

aido79 wrote: »

Hi Aido, I've gone through the site several times over but when you do the calculation there is a section that says this fee does not include the second instalment. there is no mention that I can find that a 189 or 190 visa has a second instalment. just want to verify if anyone has gone through and if they had a second instalment to pay on either off these subclasses.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Hi Aido, I've gone through the site several times over but when you do the calculation there is a section that says this fee does not include the second instalment. there is no mention that I can find that a 189 or 190 visa has a second instalment. just want to verify if anyone has gone through and if they had a second instalment to pay on either off these subclasses.

Thanks

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx

If you look at this where it says cost it just says that you have to pay the second instalment for each member of the family who is over 18 or who has less than functional English. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

T

Thanks

Aido is right the second instalment only for those Dependents who have less than functional English?

http://www.immi.gov.au/help/documents/990i/990i0613.pdf

Irish passport holders are exempt from English requirements so wouldn't need to pay the 2nd instalment.

Is any of Dependents not irish and not have functional English?

http://www.immi.gov.au/faqs/Pages/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english.aspx

aido79 wrote: »
    http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx

If you look at this where it says cost it just says that you have to pay the second instalment for each member of the family who is over 18 or who has less than functional English. Hope this helps.

Ah ha, I see, that should be no problem for us as we are all Irish. I dont know if the OH would have to do an IETLS test though, I doubt it as she is Irish born.

• Advertisement

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Is the second instalment not only for those Dependents who have less than functional English?

http://www.immi.gov.au/help/documents/990i/990i0613.pdf

Irish passport holders are exempt from English requirements so wouldn't need to pay the 2nd instalment.

Is any of Dependents not irish and not have functional English?

http://www.immi.gov.au/faqs/Pages/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english.aspx

Cheers Mandrake, I may end up doing the test anyway to get more points. Do natural English speakers get a set point for the points test? I.E. If your Irish they presume you have proficient English I.E. 10 Points?

Cheers Mandrake, I may end up doing the test anyway to get more points. Do natural English speakers get a set point for the points test? I.E. If your Irish they presume you have proficient English I.E. 10 Points?

Only Irish, Brit, Yank & Canadian passport holders are considered natural English speakers and assumed to be at IELTS 6.0 which attracts no points.

they can get extra points for IELTS 7.0 and IELTS 8.0.

On a side note if you are the Primary applicant then there's no point you doing IELTS to avoid the second instalment as its only for Dependents but you mention that your OH is Irish so no need.

Only Irish, Brit, Yank & Canadian passport holders are considered natural English speakers and assumed to be at IELTS 6.0 which attracts no points.

they can get extra points for IELTS 7.0 and IELTS 8.0.

On a side note if you are the Primary applicant then there's no point you doing IELTS to avoid the second instalment as its only for Dependents but you mention that your OH is Irish so no need.

Great thanks for clarification. Can I do the test If I need extra points though? If I had 55 points I could do the test to get 10 or 20 extra points?

Thanks again.

Great thanks for clarification. Can I do the test If I need extra points though? If I had 55 points I could do the test to get 10 or 20 extra points?

Thanks again.

Yes

You need 7.0 in all bands for 10 and 8.0 in all bands for 20 points.

You can't average bands, if you get 9.0 in speaking but only 7.0 in writing and 8.0 in both reading and listening then you don't get an average of 8.0 for the 20 points your score is assumed to be 7.0. which gives you only 10 points

Yes

You need 7.0 in all bands for 10 and 8.0 in all bands for 20 points.

You can't average bands, if you get 9.0 in speaking but only 7.0 in writing and 8.0 in both reading and listening then you don't get an average of 8.0 for the 20 points your score is assumed to be 7.0. which gives you only 10 points

OK, Perfect, thanks for all your answers. Very helpful. I have read through about 100 pages on different docs and its just a big mess in my head. Several of the points calculators on different sites give different scores for the same answers so I'm just at a bit lost with regard to what points I actually have.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Note that the higher level IELTS exams are not easy. It would be silly to assume you will pass simply because you are a native English speaker.

Advertisement