Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences with First Light Optics?

Options
  • 12-04-2015 11:10am
    Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭

Thinking about ordering a telescope from First Light Optics.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/

Anyone have any dealings with them?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Yes I've had, generally impressed with them. Fast service and quality brands, easily contactable too with email response usually within 15 mins.

Check this out -

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/231964-first-light-optics/

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sshort

Yeah, have to agree, never bought a scope just parts, but always good on queries and very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Astroboi

Great guys FLO, but with sterling as it is, might be cheaper to shop in Ireland

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Astroboi wrote: »
    Great guys FLO, but with sterling as it is, might be cheaper to shop in Ireland

What's the best place in Ireland to order from?

I was looking at Ktec Telescopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

If Ktec can't get you what you need, the guys at FLO are the next port of call.

I'll always try to get my bits in Ireland if at all possible, up to a 5% to 10% difference, but I've had very good dealings with FLO over the years, and no negative issues. Any problems were quickly and courteously dealt with in a very friendly and professional manner. Prices have generally pretty good.

My third port of call is one of the German online dealers as they deal in euro, but I'll have to look through my bookmarks to be sure which of them I have used.

• Advertisement
Advertisement