Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government to pay mortgage arrears *Mod Note in Opening Post*

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Originally it was a 'blind item' in the newspapers.

Then it became clear that I t's a submission from IMHO (David Hall) to the Finance Department on how they think the arrears crisis should be dealt with.

Hopefully someone from the Finance Department read this thread and made it clear it's a non-runner. If not, the water protests will look like a genteel tea party in comparison to the furore this will stir up if implemented

<Mod Snip>

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

jmayo, they have referenced it and they have been requested to cease posting. This is not the place for a lobby group, it is a discussion website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

PTSB 'not in a position' to cut standard variable mortgage rate - CEO Jeremy Masding
    Mr Masding said that PTSB is impacted by the high level of mortgage defaults in Ireland.

"It is an unfortunate fact that people who do pay their mortgage do have to pay a bit extra to make up for the historically high number of people who can't or won't," he said.
    Pretty much what we knew already. Folk paying their mortgages are subsidising those not paying for theirs.

Advertisement