Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Double Dimmer to a standard double switch

• 12-04-2015 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Decided to change from dimmers and got a double switch. I'm nearly 100% certain I've placed the wires like for like (2 brown going to each L1 and 2 brown going to each COMS + the COMS are linked with a short brown wire.

Now one of the switches won't work unless the second switch is on AND [to add to the confusion] the sitting room (single dimmer) switch won't go on unless that second switch is on either.

I have a multimeter, so if there's a chance I've not wired up the kitchen double switch correctly, is there a way I can find out which is the true L1 and COM brown wire?

Any suggestions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭meercat

Swap the 2 wires around in that "second switch"

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭17larsson

It sounds like you have your permanent lives and switch wires mixed up. Put the link across the two L1 terminals

Advertisement