Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art practical 2015

• 12-04-2015 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭

Should the papers not be out yet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭oktplz

Getting them this week apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Art papers are available on examinations.ie now. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Yeah went on the site straight away when I got home!!! Definitely the exam I will be most stressed about. Effort of it all

It's horrible isn't it? Literally no ideas came to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Yeah in the same boat - art is by no means my forte! We are doing the design exam and I've decided on passage A. Pretty tough though!

• Advertisement

d1234 wrote: »
    Yeah in the same boat - art is by no means my forte! We are doing the design exam and I've decided on passage A. Pretty tough though!

I think I'm going with Divergent. Not 100% yet though. I'm the same, was good at it and got an A in the Junior but it is my biggest regret choosing it for the Leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

I really regret it too. Though I don't know what I would have chosen instead. Gonna do poster. Haven't look at still lifes yet

Quick question, how do you acheive top marks in the prelim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Show a development of ideas from the preparatory sheet onto the preliminary sheet. - Direct copying will get no marks.

Use annotation ( ie arrows and written notes to indicate your ideas)

Red Hare wrote: »
    Show a development of ideas from the preparatory sheet onto the preliminary sheet. - Direct copying will get no marks.

Use annotation ( ie arrows and written notes to indicate your ideas)

Okay thank you :) our art teacher basically makes us draw out the one design on the prelim, but if i drew numerous different ideas that would be better right?
    Also does the prelim have to be drawn to scale?

• Advertisement

Are you doing the Design or Craft exam?
    What design/craftwork are you intending on doing - eg;poster, lino, batik......?

Are you doing the Design or Craft exam?
    What design/craftwork are you intending on doing - eg;poster, lino, batik......?

Design, folder :)

oktplz wrote: »
    Okay thank you :) our art teacher basically makes us draw out the one design on the prelim, but if i drew numerous different ideas that would be better right?
    Also does the prelim have to be drawn to scale?

On the exam paper - in he section describing the preliminary sheet it refers to "ideas" and "Sketches" - in the plural not the singular so on the basis of this I would recommend to draw a few different sketches in which you develop your ideas.

Its unlikely that you would be able to draw several design ideas to scale on the preliminary sheet - the A2 page would not be big enough! - However it may be an idea to indicate that your sketches are scaled down in ratio. So if you intend the folder to be say 30 x 40 cm your sketch could be in a ratio of half or a third of the intended size. Its important to develop ideas more at the Prelim stage and not get too caught up in scale. You will be clearly indicating scale on the finished design.

Remember to be inventive - the folder could be in the shape of a tree!

On the exam paper - in he section describing the preliminary sheet it refers to "ideas" and "Sketches" - in the plural not the singular so on the basis of this I would recommend to draw a few different sketches in which you develop your ideas.

Its unlikely that you would be able to draw several design ideas to scale on the preliminary sheet - the A2 page would not be big enough! - However it may be an idea to indicate that your sketches are scaled down in ratio. So if you intend the folder to be say 30 x 40 cm your sketch could be in a ratio of half or a third of the intended size. Its important to develop ideas more at the Prelim stage and not get too caught up in scale. You will be clearly indicating scale on the finished design.

Remember to be inventive - the folder could be in the shape of a tree!
    Wow, that really helped! Thank you so much :) I'm going to start brainstorming right now, thank you :)

Advertisement