Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable extension from alarm box outside

Options
  • 12-04-2015 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, we would like an external wall light beside the alarm box outside. Instead of running a cable along the wall, could an electrician run one from the box? We don't really require a switch inside, just want a PIR motion sensor that would switch it on etc. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

No. Your best option would be a sensor light mounted below the guttering with an override switch inside on the landing. It's possible to wire this through the attic so no wires showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Thank you. I should have mentioned that I'm in a ground floor apartment with a duplex over me. The front of the place is where I want a light. We have a side entrance with an external light and I'm not mad about unsightly cables routed along an exterior wall at 2.5m high.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Without seeing the instlation it's still possible to wire new light from inside with minimum disruption. I agree with you that cables clipped outside look crap.
    There's nothing in your bell box that will facilitate wiring a light to answer your initial query.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

http://www.pegasuslighting.com/led-remote-controlled-spotlight.html

I haven't done much research on the subject, but above may be a starting point.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement