Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find the owner (dissolved company land)?

Options
  • 12-04-2015 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

There is a plot of land beside my house that is un-build green of the adjacent estate, i'd like to try to buy a right of way through this plot. The problem is this:
    The estate was built in the 80's. According to land reg it is still owned by the company that built the houses. This company no longer exist and it's current status in CRO is dissolved (after receivership). How do i find out who now owns the land and may be in a position to sell the right of way on it. If it has reverted to state ownership who do i contact about it?
    thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

stratostat wrote: »
    There is a plot of land beside my house that is un-build green of the adjacent estate, i'd like to try to buy a right of way through this plot. The problem is this:
    The estate was built in the 80's. According to land reg it is still owned by the company that built the houses. This company no longer exist and it's current status in CRO is dissolved (after receivership). How do i find out who now owns the land and may be in a position to sell the right of way on it. If it has reverted to state ownership who do i contact about it?
    thank you.

The land in ownership of a dissolved company vests in the state under the state properties act. The minister for public expenditure and reform is the correct party. The chief state solicitors office is the legal representative of the minister in relation to waivers under the state properties act however I doubt they would grant a right of way over the land. It is an onerous process to get a waiver get your solicitor to write to them to sound them out.

Advertisement