Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orlando Park Tickets

Options
  • 12-04-2015 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Booked for Orlando in early September, family of 4 (2 children aged 4 and 1). We know the big rollercoasters etc... won't be for use but we would like to visit.

Disneyland resort
    Universal studios
    Any animal Park
    Sea world
    Any park that has Jurrasic Park areas
    Legoland
    Water parks

The best deal for multi-park use I can find is a 5-park flexi ticket which obviously will not cover all of the above.

What are your experiences with the parks and what would be the best thing to do (i.e. get certain 2/3/4/5 flexi tickets and pay at individual parks?)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Children younger than 3 don't need a ticket for Disney, not sure about other parks. Disney has animal kingdom and Universal has some Jurrasic Park stuff. Get a park-to-park ticket for Universal and multi-day ticket for Disney so you can spend a day in each park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

And make sure you allow a day or two between parks to do something other than 'visit the parks'.
    It can be exhausting on your feet all day going from ride to ride, attraction to attraction and queueing up behind the same people all day long.
    Even the kids will find it hard going, you don't need to see every park this trip so pick the ones that will really suit you and do them but spread well out over the trip. When we went we took a couple of days out of Orlando to do other things, we went to Kennedy Space Centre for a day (fascinating place but the kid's didn't like it), we took a drive down to St Petersburg and Tampa to spend a day on the beach and to watch the Tampa Bay Rays play baseball (a great night out even if you don't know anything about baseball), several days shopping in the outlet malls (this was back in the day when the € and the $ were far enough apart to make a few savings.
    And finally if you're into aeroplanes or flight you could visit Kermit Weeks' 'Fantasy of Flight' which is about halfway between orlando and Tampa and well worth a visit, but probably not if you have small kids. My suggestion would be to drop her and the kids off at the parks each day while you take off to visit Fantasy of flight, the baseball, and the Space Centre but I wouldn't be brave enough to do it myself. I was fortunate enough to spend some time there on business a few years back and I got to visit a lot of those places that I never got to visit when the kids dictated the schedule and it really is a great place for a holiday, or at least it was before the Euro plummeted....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

not sure how long you are planning on staying in orlando but what you listed would take an easy 2 weeks to accomplish and that would be on the go every day without any rest days.

disneyworld has 4 main parks, all very large and all quite a distance from each other though disney does offer transport such as boats and an elevated rail system between 3 of the parks. universal has 2 parks, islands of adventure full of high octane rides and universal studios which is the working tv/movie studio with its own smaller rides.

my advice would be to pick and choose because you ain't getting everything done. personally i would skip universal (especially islands of adventure) with very small kids. islands of adventure has the jurassic park ride but i wouldn't go out of my way to see it

animal kingdom (which has a dinosaur ride) and seaworld should give you your fills as regards animals, both of those parks are excellent for small children though the lines at all disney parks is problematic.

disney does a 7 day pass which allows you to visit all the 4 main parks and the 2 water parks. seaworld you can buy a 2 day pass to visit any two of four parks (one of the parks is in tampa about a 90 minute drive)

Advertisement