Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What site to trust

• 12-04-2015 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Want to buy an iPhone for kids but would like to know what websites are most trustworthy. eg done deal, gumtree, Amazon, eBay, buy sell, etc.
    I don't want to be stuck buying a stolen phone, or no comeback if phone bad.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,328 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

All those sites will be trustworthy but the sellers may not be. If it was me I would insist on seeing the receipt for when it was originally purchased and the box if they still have it. Make sure you can turn the phone on and use it with your sim card, if you can't avoid. Don't purchase unless you are collecting in person. With battery life on an old iPhone probably being close to useless I would instead buy them a cheap €100 Android or Windows Phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

One crowd worth looking at is CEX they have allot of iPhone models at varying prices and offer warranty on all their goods despite being second hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You can't get any more trustworthy than http://store.apple.com/ie yes it may be more expensive but can you really put a price on the amount of stress, worrying and time effort involved in buying second hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Want to buy an iPhone for kids but would like to know what websites are most trustworthy. eg done deal, gumtree, Amazon, eBay, buy sell, etc.
    I don't want to be stuck buying a stolen phone, or no comeback if phone bad.
    Cheers

The sister website to here, adverts.ie. Been buying iPhones for myself and family for years, never had any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've bought and sold phones using all those sites but that doesn't mean that you will not get a dodgy seller.

If you want 100% certainty then use Apple's own site, otherwise it is a gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I've bought second hand iphones from ebay but only from a business seller, not a private sale. Dont think I'd trust a private seller on any of these sites. As someone else posted, CEX will also be fine. They require ID from the seller to them, so assume will have comeback if it ever got reported stolen after you purchase it. Alternatively look for refurbished stock on groupon, amazon etc.

Advertisement