Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations on a route to Roscommon town?

• 12-04-2015 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Might be heading to Roscommon in the summer. Looking at potential routes on Google Maps, but I can't see a way to get there without taking at least some N roads. Anyone have any recommendations on a route? Will be making the trip in one day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Where are you starting from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 Comma

Pie Eater wrote: »
    Might be heading to Roscommon in the summer. Looking at potential routes on Google Maps, but I can't see a way to get there without taking at least some N roads. Anyone have any recommendations on a route? Will be making the trip in one day.

If starting from Dublin I would go - Ratoath - Dunshaughlin - Trim - Athboy -Delvin -Castlepollard - Edgeworthstown - Ballymahon - Lanesborough - Roscommon (or Edgeworthstown - Longford -Lanesborough -Rpscommon)

Probably about 100 miles of a trip but much nicer than the N4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Pie Eater

Sorry, I'll be starting from Swords and while I don't mind R roads too much, I want to avoid N roads as much as possible. The bigger the road, the more featureless and boring they generally turn out to be. In my opinion of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Comma wrote: »
    If starting from Dublin I would go - Ratoath - Dunshaughlin - Trim - Athboy -Delvin -Castlepollard - Edgeworthstown - Ballymahon - Lanesborough - Roscommon (or Edgeworthstown - Longford -Lanesborough -Rpscommon)

Probably about 100 miles of a trip but much nicer than the N4.

Im from the midlands and I'd say youd be best off to take the route above, but from Delvin, go to Mullingar, Ballymahon, Lanesborogh Roscommon. N4 from Mullingar to Longford is heavy with traffic and there are safer roads to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Try spending some time looking at the routes taken by the various spins on http://audaxireland.org. These tend to use minor, quieter roads. Have a look at the King's Mountain and the Dying Light routes for nicer roads to ride...

• Advertisement
Advertisement