Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arc 5k & 10K

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Best of luck to them, and I hope it goes brilliantly.
    But I wish it was called the Arc 5k and 10k run.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Run and Jump

What's the course for this - the usual 5k loop (x 2 for 10K) used by other races, by the Ordnance Survey, Glen Road and Furze Road? No route on the event site, just a map of the Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Yes, it's the 5k loop course. I did it last year and the year before; there was a definite improvement in the numbers and standard from 2013 to 2014. Hopefully I will be able to line up again this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Anyone know what you get for the fee? A tshirt? Sorry if that seems selfish given it's for charity, but I'm just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Give this a bump. I'll be running on monday, hopefully the weather will sort it outself out by then. Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Considering doing it. Does anybody know where the registration is on the morning? Website is a little short on details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

sideswipe wrote: »
    Considering doing it. Does anybody know where the registration is on the morning? Website is a little short on details.

The start is on furze road just off chesterfield ave so I'd guess it'd be there. Its up past the phoenix monument, next turn left (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Anyone know what you get for the fee? A tshirt? Sorry if that seems selfish given it's for charity, but I'm just curious!

It used to go to charity. It's a no frills race but run well and a very good cause

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

Does anybody have the actual course? Does it go into to the Furry Glen?

One lap of that route along furze rd, Chesterfield, ordance survey is about 2.5k. Is the 5k route 2 laps, 10k route 4 laps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Lovely day for it today. Nice crowd too (bigger than previous years). That bloody hill coming out of the furry glen is a killer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The hill nearly killed me the second time around! Otherwise a great run, lovely weather :-) Can't wait to see the pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sharkey47

Somewhat belatedly, just want to mention what an enjoyable event this is. It is for a super cause, the mashalls and stewards are great and the atmosphere is all relaxed and friendly. The number of runners is relatively low so it feels very much like a community event. I met a few familiar faces on my travels including Aero2k whose report on Rotterdam I thoroughly enjoyed and GO'H was also there meeting and greeting runners as they finished. I ran 41.XX but the time doesn't really matter.

Advertisement