Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running in Circles

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

HazelBee wrote: »
    Hi Ososlo, I've been given a range to run within based on my results. Yesterdays run was 150-157bpm. Maybe it's the wrong language to be using!

Yeah that's probably it.
    What's your max hr? You'd normally run recovery runs about 50bpm slower than max.
    edit. Recovery runs are just that. To help you recover from a hard run the previous day so are by nature very very easy effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Ah ok! Well to clear up any confusion I'll refer to them as zone 1 and 2 in future logs. I've to work within these 2 zones for the next 6 weeks and then the plan will be adjusted accordingly. Zone 1 is 150-157bpm and Zone 2 is 158-164bpm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Thursday
    Circuit class
    20 minute cycle
    60 minute walk with the buggy

Friday
    I'm always ready to crash by the time Friday evening rolls around and was not looking forward to this evening run. Once I got going though I really enjoyed it, even though it was my harder effort run. I walked for 5 minutes after again and then started with a 5 minute warm up run and then 20 minutes in zone 2. That's five minutes more then I could manage this time last week and I recovered much quicker afterwards. Progress! :)

Time 25:01 (5 min warm up, 20 min in zone)
    Distance 2.97 miles
    Avg Pace 8:25

Advertisement