Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discussion Thread for Leaked Episodes (1-4) [** Spoilers **] - Have NOT read the book

• 12-04-2015 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭

This is for discussing the leaked episodes only - for people who have NOT read the books.

If you plan on watching week to week, click the back button now. Don't say I didn't warn you.

No need for Spoiler tags.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

Just after finishing episode 4. Enjoyable stuff so far although. A few interesting plot advances so far but nothing major seeing as though thats just under half of the season.

Littlefinger is doing his best to spread his bets to be on the winning side but I'm just waiting to see it go wrong for him. I can't believe it is all going to go smoothly for him especially with his brothles getting destroyed in Westros and him seemingly returning there.

You would have to feel bad for Sansa if she ends up with Ramsey, poor girl just has no luck.

Tyrions story has become an awful lot more boring in my opinion but it will be interestig to see how Danaerys reacts if he does make it to her this season or something else does not happen.

The last scene of episode 4 was very intersting. She is obviously starting to loose her control on things and possibly her closest protectors. Surely she will have to more on from here. Maybe, just maybe unleash her dragons?

Jon Snow is starting to become a leader which is good to see. Winter has been coming for a long time now but it sounds like we might actually get to see it before the end of this season. The lack of Bran has also been fantastic.

Arya's story has turned a bit odd. Not sure exactly what is going to become of her at this stage but it could be interesting.

Overall I've quite enjoyed these episodes, although I do think being able to watch them back to back has helped. I dont think it would have been as enjoyable waiting a week between them. It will be interesting to see the reactions of those who hold out and watch them as they come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Killing me that Brienne didn't get to mention to Sansa that Aryas alive. Pity.

Danaerys might have to accept Lord Friendzone back if the lads are dead, and I think at least one of them is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

It's only a matter of time before Jon Snow becomes a Stark and joins Stannis if his story is going to keep progressing in any meaningful way. I do think him and the red woman will eventually come into conflict though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can someone remind me who the cousin Cersei was talking to at the funeral is, I can't remember if he was in it before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can someone remind me who the cousin Cersei was talking to at the funeral is, I can't remember if he was in it before

Lancel_Lannister.JPG

Lancel Lannister. King Robert's squire and Cersei's cousin with benefits.

Just finished episode 4, loving it so far. There's been lots of great scenes but the scene with Stannis and Shireen was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lancel, he was in season 1 and 2 if I remember correctly, trying not to think of the books but he was screwing Cersei while Jaime was away. He's Kevan Lannister's son,who was the uncle who left the small council for Casterley Rock and had long blonde hair before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ah, I remember now, it was the hair that threw me

Could someone tell me who the last name on Arya's hit list is? When she was listing them out I was trying to listen for it, but I didn't recognize who it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

PressRun wrote: »
    Could someone tell me who the last name on Arya's hit list is? When she was listing them out I was trying to listen for it, but I didn't recognize who it was.
    Merren trant? Head of kings guard, he killed her dance master

Just finished watching all four, compelling stuff as usual but the overall end game seems to be as far away as ever.
    Branching out to societal issues such as religion and rebellion in Mereen probably works better in a set of novels but in a TV show you'd wish theyd just get on with it sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

golfball37 wrote: »
    Merren trant? Head of kings guard, he killed her dance master

He's also perhaps one of the characters you most want to see dead, but he lingers around like a bad stench, smug as hell and beat and stripped Sansa for Joff's amusement.

"Bronn, the next time Ser Meryn speaks, kill him. That was a threat, see the difference?"

If only he had spoken!

Or if you remember Bronn's little exchange of words with him in Season 3, always on the cusp of getting what's coming to him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Aidan Gillen is doing his Charlie Haughey accent ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Aidan Gillen is doing his Charlie Haughey accent ....

yeah and that's a bit of a slur to little finger as he isn't as corrupt and self serving

Links234 wrote: »
    He's also perhaps one of the characters you most want to see dead, but he lingers around like a bad stench, smug as hell and beat and stripped Sansa for Joff's amusement.

"Bronn, the next time Ser Meryn speaks, kill him. That was a threat, see the difference?"

If only he had spoken!

Or if you remember Bronn's little exchange of words with him in Season 3, always on the cusp of getting what's coming to him...

Is that the man Cersei sent with the older Tyrell man to Bravos? I can only assume she intends to to have him kill the Tyrell bloke at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Is that the man Cersei sent with the older Tyrell man to Bravos? I can only assume she intends to to have him kill the Tyrell bloke at some point.

It is indeed. I can see a few Tyrells getting the chop before the end of the season.

Also, who would be king if Tommen dies? I can't see him lasting too much longer tbh.

I hope Margery lasts another while yet. Her mind games with Cersei are entertaining.

I would imagine Cersei's decision to give those religious people so much power is going to backfire spectacularly too.

Tommen doesn't seem cut out for the job, honestly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

pure speculation about the body under the sheet but could it be
    Joffrey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Skerries wrote: »
    Joffrey?

The maester is working on healing The Mountain remember?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Did anyone else laugh when Sir Friendzone was in brothel looking at the Daenarys lookalike :pac:
    Hope Wormtail survives

I like the introduction of the Sparrows as religious fanatics, could get interesting
    And Tommin as king is excellent imo, so out of his depth and getting toyed by Margarie

Sansa engaged to Joeffry and now Ramsay Snow - the woman can't catch a break.. Didn't like the look Ramsay's lover gave either, remember she incompanied Ramsay and Reek on a hunt of a young woman back in Season 4 as she was "jealous"- got the dogs to rip her apart..
    Joffrey?

I'm guessing it's The Mountain?

Little factoid, One of the sparrows is Jack Olohan who runs Radiomade

• Advertisement

wprathead wrote: »
    Sansa engaged to Joeffry and now Ramsay Snow - the woman can't catch a break.. Didn't like the look Ramsay's lover gave either, remember she incompanied Ramsay and Reek on a hunt of a young woman back in Season 4 as she was "jealous"- got the dogs to rip her apart..

I forgot about her having the other woman killed. She'll more thank likely have something to say about the marriage. I reckon Sansa might get a handle on these lads though especially since Ramsey seems besotted with her. She has some power there and last season hinted that she was gaining a bit of agency. It'd be pretty boring if she just reverted back to being this passive character who has things happen to her rather than making things happen herself. Reek might help her out as a way to atone for his mistakes and get some revenge of his own.

I think the guy under the sheet is definitely the Mountain. Didn't they say they were going to do some freaky Frankenstein messing about with him last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Joffrey?

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Podrick is gonna get flayed when Brienne and him attempt some half-assed rescue of Sansa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I miss the hound :(

I miss the hound :(

I'm fairly certain he isn't dead, for two reasons.

1. The show is pretty heavy handed on foreshadowing, a lot of lines reference events before they happen (who was it who said something about lords dying on their chamber pots? Or Bronn telling Tyrion exactly how fighting the Mountain would go) and after his trial by combat Baeric Dondarrion said to him that the lord of light isn't done with him yet. My guess is the Brotherhood pick him up again.

2. Nobody's dead unless it's Oberynly obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Essien wrote: »

Also, who would be king if Tommen dies? I can't see him lasting too much longer tbh.

It would fall to the Princess surely.

Joffrey, Tommen and there was a younger sister.

She's not married yet so if Tommen was to die she would be Queen I reckon. If she does get married her husband from Dorn becomes king.

Or would he? :confused: Sure the real life Prince Philip nowadays is not a king just because he married a Queen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

A few hints to Jon snows heritage being bandied around, a mention that a whore was not neds style.... Who he really is in intriguing me.

I think I'm a little in love with fire lady !

Definitely following things better watching them in a marathon, I find weekly a bit hard to keep up with all the plots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Finished the 4 episodes. Whoever leaked these is a bad man. I couldn't help myself wanting "one more" no matter how hard I tried to reason with myself. :rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

I hope Margery lasts another while yet. Her mind games with Cersei are entertaining.

I would imagine Cersei's decision to give those religious people so much power is going to backfire spectacularly too.

I think her decision to take on the Tyrells will also backfire considering Margaery said she was going to contact her grandmother. I think Lady Olenna is possibly the only one that could put Cersei in her place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Don't think the sparrows will be to progressive with regard incest alright :D

I got to say, I really like the character of Tommin. While clearly out of his depth, he is no where near as bad as Robin up in Arie (sp?). Seems he could be a likeable and fair king if given time, his reluctance to spread blood on the steps of the Church being one example. Unfortunately he is not ready for "The Game of Thrones" if you will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

A few hints to Jon snows heritage being bandied around, a mention that a whore was not neds style.... Who he really is in intriguing me.

Definitely following things better watching them in a marathon, I find weekly a bit hard to keep up with all the plots

The red woman is a beaut! But Missandei takes the biscuit, she's stunning :o

Littlefingers face when Sansa started going on about Rhaegar kidnapping and abusing Lyanna told me a lot too. You could tell he knows the truth about that situation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Just had to watch all four back to back. Totally worth it. Shame its another 4 weeks to any new episodes.

The Jamie / Bonn story is quite interesting. I hope their conversation about death was not a foreshadowing. They are two of the best characters. Oberyn's missus looks quite pissed off, things are going to kick off there.

Brienne is gunning for Stannis. Interesting, seeing as he is on his way to Roose Bolton. She may get her chance yet.

Daenerys will have to get the dragons back onside, things look to be getting pretty lawless around her parts. How will Dario react to Mr. Friendzone coming back into the picture. As always the first half of the season sets things up nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mzungu wrote: »
    Just had to watch all four back to back. Totally worth it. Shame its another 4 weeks to any new episodes.

The Jamie / Bonn story is quite interesting. I hope their conversation about death was not a foreshadowing. They are two of the best characters. Oberyn's missus looks quite pissed off, things are going to kick off there.

Brienne is gunning for Stannis. Interesting, seeing as he is on his way to Roose Bolton. She may get her chance yet.

Daenerys will have to get the dragons back onside, things look to be getting pretty lawless around her parts. How will Dario react to Mr. Friendzone coming back into the picture. As always the first half of the season sets things up nicely.

will Ser Friendzone get back in though? he kidnapped tyrion to bring him to danearys when tyrion was already on his way there. though if ser barriston has kicked the bucket she may need ser friendzone back by her side.

She needs Jorah back anyway. Getting rid of him was a mistake, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

will Ser Friendzone get back in though? he kidnapped tyrion to bring him to danearys when tyrion was already on his way there. though if ser barriston has kicked the bucket she may need ser friendzone back by her side.

Well if that was him meeting his waterloo, then that was a fine send off. He kicked some serious ass given the odds were well stacked against him. He also looked more nimble than the unsullied, who are about a third his age!
    She needs Jorah back anyway. Getting rid of him was a mistake, I think.

Yep, she needs him back for the loyalty more than anything else. Still unsure about Dario myself.

Well if that was him meeting his waterloo, then that was a fine send off. He kicked some serious ass given the odds were well stacked against him. He also looked more nimble than the unsullied, who are about a third his age!

what i dont understand about the unsullied is fighting with a long sword in very narrow alleyways. it just doesnt make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭thefa

I think Daario is reasonably trustworthy. He killed his bosses and brought their heads to Dany rather than killing assassinating her and gives reasonable advice.

I have my doubts about that local who acts as the representative for the former slavers, etc. who wants the fighting pits reopened.

Barristan took a knife to the chest so I think he is probably done for. Would have to imagine it would improve the chances of Dany having Jorah back. Will be interesting to see will Tyrion be able to convince them that he was on his way there anyways or how he'll come across at all given Vary's was the one with the plan.

I don't know what to make of Daario. He kinda seems like someone who could be easily bought.

thefa wrote: »
    Barristan took a knife to the chest so I think he is probably done for.

I dunno, last year folks were calling Ser Allistair done for after he was wounded and carried off, and I was absolutely adamant that The Mountain was done for because of course Oberyn poisoned him and he would probably die from his wounds anyway, turns out I was wrong(ish?). So I'm hesitant to call anyone dead in this show, and I think unless they confirm Barristan's death next ep, I'm gonna assume he's alive and kicking but wounded.

Speaking of, I'm not even sure about Ned Stark, I mean, did anyone check for a pulse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Neds head was on a stick, but he may come back hoppity hop.

I found the 4 episodes really tedious. Nothing has happened and I dont care about the revolt or slave politics of mereen..

I think they leaked these because they knew they were boring filler episodes.

oh, and its so patently obvious Jon is a tygaren its just silly..

oh, and its so patently obvious Jon is a tygaren its just silly..
    for a long while, we all thought that Jon Arryn was killed by the lannisters

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

i was looking at the GOT map ; http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/versions/speculative_map.jpg

in ep2,3 the travel between Pentos and Volantis is of considerable distance, no wonder tyrion looks all but spent in that 'traveling box' as he calls it.

but in ep4, the travel from Volantis to Mereen is longer than the travel distance from Pentos to Volantis. im not really sure the small boat travelling east (carrying jorah & tyrion) would be adequate traversing alongside the shore passing the the doomed city of valeria then up to mereen. a hijacked ship would have been more real for that travel i suppose.

If Jon is a Targaryean, does that make him invulnerable to fire? And if so, does that make him invulnerable to anything the red woman might try to do to him with fire? I've a feeling those two are going to come to blows anyway, but I wonder in the process will they also discover who he really is? Would surely be a nasty shock for Stannis. I wonder too if anyone else knows who he is aside from Littlefinger (or at least it seems like he knows, although it's hard to tell one creepy facial expression from the next with him).

I'm also bored by the seemingly endless trials and tribulations of Danerys' conquered people. I was hoping her story would pick up in a really meaningful way this season, but maybe it will when Tyrion arrives. I would imagine he's going to end up helping her to make some better, more shrewd decisions. He's the kind of politician she needs in her team.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭obriendj

If Jon is a Targaryean

I'm also bored by the seemingly endless trials and tribulations of Danerys' conquered people. I was hoping her story would pick up in a really meaningful way this season, but maybe it will when Tyrion arrives. I would imagine he's going to end up helping her to make some better, more shrewd decisions. He's the kind of politician she needs in her team.

Did I miss something? why do people think he is Targaryean?

Danery's story is dragging on and has been for some time, but they seem to include a good portion of each episode to her story line. Maybe you are right and Tyrion is the man for her. I think Varys will be put out that he got there without him but between the 4 of them they could really stride forward but probably wont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If Jon is a Targaryean, does that make him invulnerable to fire?
    Was Vicerys immune to molten gold?

I won't comment on anything else in your post but GRRM has stated time and again that Danaerys survival of the birth of her dragons was a one-off. It was old blood magic derived from the burning of Mirri Maz Duur which allowed her to become the mother of dragons, not anything special about Targaryen Blood.

It's a common misconception and one GRRM is at such pains to correct, I hope you don't mind me posting it in the non-readers thread.

obriendj wrote: »
    Did I miss something? why do people think he is Targaryean?

He is supposed to be Neds son by some tavern wench. Except littlefinger said that that wasnt Neds style. There is a definite link between the mad king and neds sister. put two and two together and you get that john snow is actually neds sisters son by the mad king.

Sir Friendzone as the muscle, Tyrion as the brains and Varys as her spy. That is the dream team right there.
    Sleepy wrote: »

I won't comment on anything else in your post but GRRM has stated time and again that Danaerys survival of the birth of her dragons was a one-off. It was old blood magic derived from the burning of Mirri Maz Duur which allowed her to become the mother of dragons, not anything special about Targaryen Blood.

It's a common misconception and one GRRM is at such pains to correct, I hope you don't mind me posting it in the non-readers thread.

Thanks for clearing this up, since the birth of the dragons in season one I incorrectly assumed her to be immune to fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Thanks for clearing this up, since the birth of the dragons in season one I incorrectly assumed her to be immune to fire.
    You're far from the only one to do so!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sleepy wrote: »

In season 1 she also picked the dragon egg up out of the fire and wasn't burnt, Irri wasn't so fortunate though...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement