Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Skangermobiles online (part 2)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

homer90 wrote: »

She's not daysul laad. ...no chance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

I parked beside it and thought I'd seen it before on here,it is as bad as pic's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

There are 3 different pictures of the bonnet :rolleyes:
    One plain, one with a stripe up the center and one with a diamond shape sticker :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thats sort of alright looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

What am I missing here? :confused:

Ok, so Japanese style wheels on a European car isn't the norm, but its hardly skanger - is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

davycc wrote: »
    not skanger at all- looks class tbh:cool:

Scientific studies show high correlation between no front number plate and wandering around drinking dutch gold with staffordshire bull terriers with the the full on leather and studs harness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

not skanger at all- looks class tbh:cool:

I don't know if its shortage of material or just an excuse to make a post but some of the cars being posted in here as skangers of late are just ridiculous.

While I'm not a major fan of the black grill and reckon that original bmw wheels would probably look better its still far from offensive looking.

Sure there was a 2001 Passat posted in here a few pages just because it was petrol and it had a TDI badge on the bootlid where you would expect to see 1.6. Could be something as simple as a replacement bootlid and the owner not too bothered about the badge. Apart from that it was just another Passat as VW intended apart from some usual wear and tear you might expect to see on a 2001 car perhaps.

If I was owner of either car I'd be highly annoyed to see them posted and rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

That bmw deserves to be here, it is a bit skanger worthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭JC01

rex-x wrote: »
    That bmw deserves to be here, it is a bit skanger worthy

It's got black kidney grills that suit beemers, nice wheels and a teeny bit of lowering and its skanger?

There's a properly mint black m3 on the owners sites well regarded as one of the best 46s in the country, it's heavily modified, id love to know what you make of it after reading that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I am not understanding how a set of wheels like those, what I assume are Rota's make that car out to be a skanger :confused: Seems to be done well tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Different opinions, it takes very little to tip between lovely car and skanger, fine line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Jaysis. It's basically a stock 325 with alloys. Those 3 series coupes are a handsome devil as standard. They are aging very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I guess to some people any change to how a car looks is seen as Skanger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Get rid of the sticker on the back window and id drive it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Interslice wrote: »
    Must better skanger bmw's out there.

I think that first 3 series doesn't look too bad. I mean the work done looks farily ok - i still wouldnt drive it.

I prefer my skangermobiles to have spoilers attached with self tappers, poorly applied lurid plasti-dip and at least one major body panel rivetted in place.

Call me a traditionalist. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Mods, even just non-oem alooys look **** on any car. Don't do 'em. If you think they look good, you are deluding yourself. You are being laughed at as you drive around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mods, even just non-oem alooys look **** on any car. Don't do 'em. If you think they look good, you are deluding yourself. You are being laughed at as you drive around.

My car disagrees with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

I think that first 3 series doesn't look too bad. I mean the work done looks farily ok - i still wouldnt drive it.

I prefer my skangermobiles to have spoilers attached with self tappers, poorly applied lurid plasti-dip and at least one major body panel rivetted in place.

Call me a traditionalist. :D

A ye we'll get there eventually. Meanwhile

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/price-drop-2004-volkswagen-golf-cash-or-swap/9695066?offset=21

43015979.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

No you're wrong :)
    There's a huge gap for enhancing ones car without even touching the skanger area.

The most offensive thing about that car is the cheap, nasty steering wheel cover. Ugh, why do people put them on cars alone. They're awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The most offensive thing about that car is the cheap, nasty steering wheel cover. Ugh, why do people put them on cars alone. They're awful!

Those bloody floor mats do it for me

It's the floormats that got me!

Those bloody floor mats do it for me
    It's the floormats that got me!

Sorry lads, I retract my statement, the floor mats are indeed the winner here. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

That's not true at all. There are lots of tasteful mods that make the performance and appearance of a car better.

Ofcourse there are also ridiculous body kits, oversized wheels and other things - but those are not the only type of mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I am not understanding how a set of wheels like those, what I assume are Rota's make that car out to be a skanger :confused: Seems to be done well tbh.

Not Rota's.
    Japan Racing Wheels are a brand, I think they're made in Poland or something. :p

There's nothing skangery about the 325, anyone that thinks there is, I can only presume is a bit of hardened white poo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Not sure what to make of this. Check out the head cloth.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/9728948
    Vw Beetle *Air ride suspension* *Price Drop*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Too much arguing over that BMW, time to unify this thread again....

40611660.jpeg

Ah the old "paint whatever can be removed from the dash quickly" routine!
    Always looks awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

emeldc wrote: »

I think this is cool enough.. Gotta admire how much work the owner has put into it!
    And that air-ride suspension is not cheap either.

It might be hard to sell in Ireland but over in the UK the air-ride Beetle's seem to be popular enough (have seen a lot of pictures and videos of them from various shows in the UK).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That Beetle is utterly fantastic.

• Advertisement

Have to agree, it's a crime to see it within this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

emeldc wrote: »

That car is awesome

Tiki/bamboo is popular on old vws in the U.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That car is awesome

Tiki/bamboo is popular on old vws in the U.S.

That roof looks ace, but i'd say it was hard to join or weave the bamboo together..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A lot of people just use window blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Ah, that would be a handy way of doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Patww79 wrote: »
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Must rattle like a snare drum at speed.

skangernomics and boill0xofasellernomics celica complete with buckle seats Yo!

http://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/celica/2000-toyota-celica/8473881

blocked me from making any comments or offers after i had the cheek to ask was it the 140 or 190 hp version,basic info, she said was vvti and engine was swapped and i was in process of asking for a photo when she blocked me:D

now im not advocating trolling the crazy wench but if anybody deserves it its her;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

The responses are like reading the transcript of a call out video. Yikes.

The responses are like reading the transcript of a call out video. Yikes.

:pac: your being too kind of her -looks like a member of the rathkeale caravan club reading her 84 wheeler dealer slackjaw comments:p

now she is giving out about timewasters when she left out one of the critical info 140/190 ;)

maybe im being harsh on her and english isnt her first language :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

skangernomics and boill0xofasellernomics celica complete with buckle seats Yo!

http://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/celica/2000-toyota-celica/8473881

blocked me from making any comments or offers after i had the cheek to ask was it the 140 or 190 hp version,basic info, she said was vvti and engine was swapped and i was in process of asking for a photo when she blocked me:D

now im not advocating trolling the crazy wench but if anybody deserves it its her;)

Lol yeah i put tbat in the dreamer thread yesterday. What a twat. I'l swap my sports car for a 08 or newer 1.0 hatchback for my dad. **** up.

Lol yeah i put tbat in the dreamer thread yesterday. What a twat. I'l swap my sports car for a 08 or newer 1.0 hatchback for my dad. **** up.

get your troll on dude ;)
    knew id seen it somewhere yesterday and one the lads here asked was it a 140 or what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's obviously a 140. The seller would not keep fobbing people off it was 190 version. They would answer straight away it was the 190 to let every body know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

get your troll on dude ;)
    knew id seen it somewhere yesterday and one the lads here asked was it a 140 or what

There is one question on that ad:
    If it's NCT ready, why not put it through then? Or can you give pass guarantee and fix anything it might fail on?

and the expected reply:
    @Frank N Furter: dont waste mt time annoy some1 else wit u stupid questions

His answers are hilarious, I wonder if this is a wind up. No-one could ever be this stupid and bad at spelling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement