Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Skangermobiles online (part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

his banded steelies and hella grille are probably worth the guts of his asking price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

his banded steelies and hella grille are probably worth the guts of his asking price.

Yeah, they look like they're in good condition, and to get them made is not cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Why is the front numberplate down there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Why is the front numberplate down there?

Because modified

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

That poor car is in such a state!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-1-6-replica-w-r-c/10415416

not sure what's WRC about it, except the badge on the boot. was probably a nice car before all the black and matte black stuff happened to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-1-6-replica-w-r-c/10415416

not sure what's WRC about it, except the badge on the boot. was probably a nice car before all the black and matte black stuff happened to it.

You'd love to ring him and ask him what came with the WRC spec :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

You'd love to ring him and ask him what came with the WRC spec :rolleyes:

WRC spec means it's a "nice tight car" :rolleyes:

Asked and answered.

mrTzsuFl.png

lol, reminds me of when we were in school in 6th year. we all had pretty **** cars, but one young wan in the extended friends group had a messy auld Colt and any time it came up in conversation she referred to it as a "Colt 1.3 induction kit"...

Hey, what car do you a drive?
    a Colt 1.3 induction kit.

lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Ask about anti-lag... Cage, seats and harnesses still in date? ... does it have the inlet restriction in place?

i wonder what the gauges on the dash read? probably the time in New York, Paris and Tokyo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

i wonder what the gauges on the dash read? probably the time in New York, Paris and Tokyo.

T'is the "intercooler" temp gauges!

YbFocus wrote:
    Ask about anti-lag... Cage, seats and harnesses still in date? ... does it have the inlet restriction in place?

He's not answering. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

lol, reminds me of when we were in school in 6th year. we all had pretty **** cars, but one young wan in the extended friends group had a messy auld Colt and any time it came up in conversation she referred to it as a "Colt 1.3 induction kit"...

Hey, what car do you a drive?
    a Colt 1.3 induction kit.

lol.

That's pretty cool. I once had a Honda Cub 50 Vise-Grip Gear-Lever, around the time I had the Toyota Corolla K30 Sellotaped Indicators And Riddled With Fcukan Isopon! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

GvidoR wrote: »
    Asked and answered.

Doing the lords work! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

jimgoose wrote: »
    That's pretty cool. I once had a Honda Cub 50 Vise-Grip Gear-Lever, around the time I had the Toyota Corolla K30 Sellotaped Indicators And Riddled With Fcukan Isopon! :pac:

Ah but I bet you never had a Fiat 128 with string pull operated wipers (only really effective if you had a passenger pulling in unison) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

emeldc wrote: »
    Ah but I bet you never had a Fiat 128 with string pull operated wipers (only really effective if you had a passenger pulling in unison) :D

Urban myth....

jca wrote: »
    Urban myth....

Maybe, but I was actually being serious:p. 1973 Green Fiat 128, 7409 ZJ. Location, driving between Mount St and Stillorgan in the early 80's in the pi**ing rain with a burnt out wiper motor. Disconnect linkage from motor, attach string to both wiper arms, GF pulls one side, I pull the other. Job sorted :D

• Advertisement

emeldc wrote: »
    Maybe, but I was actually being serious:p. 1973 Green Fiat 128, 7409 ZJ. Location, driving between Mount St and Stillorgan in the early 80's in the pi**ing rain with a burnt out wiper motor. Disconnect linkage from motor, attach string to both wiper arms, GF pulls one side, I pull the other. Job sorted :D

Unless you kept the arms almost vertical and moved them through a small arc it didn't happen. When you get down to the nitty gritty the angles involved are quite extreme. It always makes a nice story though.

Unless you kept the arms almost vertical and moved them through a small arc it didn't happen. When you get down to the nitty gritty the angles involved are quite extreme. It always makes a nice story though.

Jesus, whatever. Sorry I mentioned it now :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Just a pity it wasn't true, but nice story all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Not the worst offender but it's a 105bhp passat (albeit with leather and sat nav), someone dug up a 90's Max Power mag and those wheels are gack.

45816422.jpeg

Not Too Sure Why He Feels The Need To Capitalise Every Word Either...

wouldn't be seen dead... honestly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I'm ashamed to say I kinda like the wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That thing'd look fantastic in black.

rizzodun wrote: »
    Not the worst offender but it's a 105bhp passat (albeit with leather and sat nav), someone dug up a 90's Max Power mag and those wheels are gack.

45816422.jpeg

Not Too Sure Why He Feels The Need To Capitalise Every Word Either...

I Kinda Like That......

Here's the link to the Passat: https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/modified-1-9tdi-passat/10262382

Not much wrong with it.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/seat-toledo-110bhp-se/10168856?offset=4

Van Aaken sticker ✓
    Stupidly big sunstrip ✓
    Pigeonsport Exhaust ✓
    Pink foglights ✓
    RS6's ✓

• Advertisement

All pictures in portrait mode ✓

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

GvidoR wrote: »
    Here's the link to the Passat: https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/modified-1-9tdi-passat/10262382

Not much wrong with it.

Cheers, forgot to add the link, but if you ask me the paint and wheels show there's enough wrong with it! :P

rizzodun wrote: »
    Cheers, forgot to add the link, but if you ask me the paint and wheels show there's enough wrong with it! :P

The wheels are not that bad, and the paint, yeah... wouldn't appeal to a lot of people.

i'd say those wheels would buckle if you looked at them crooked, or sneezed to aggressively whilst nearby. the paint job looks a bit iffy in some of the photos, so i could only expect worse in the cold un-istagram-filtered light of day.

his side visor is on backwards too. i would feel too self conscious driving a car that garish, particularly when said car would barely have enough power to pull your pants down.

too many horizontal lines on the front end, it needs something to break it up; and you can still see the base for the detachable tow bar. she's a real 20/20 car imo.

the interior looks decently comfortable in fairness with the leather and nav unit. does it even have a/c?

All those Passats have aircon.

What's on backwards?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    All those Passats have aircon.

that's a relief :pac: think i'm just in a bad mood :P still hard to see someone going €8k on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

CSI jca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

i'd say those wheels would buckle if you looked at them crooked, or sneezed to aggressively whilst nearby. the paint job looks a bit iffy in some of the photos, so i could only expect worse in the cold un-istagram-filtered light of day.

his side visor is on backwards too. i would feel too self conscious driving a car that garish, particularly when said car would barely have enough power to pull your pants down.

too many horizontal lines on the front end, it needs something to break it up; and you can still see the base for the detachable tow bar. she's a real 20/20 car imo.

the interior looks decently comfortable in fairness with the leather and nav unit. does it even have a/c?

Can you explain the comment regarding the paint job being iffy? you can tell from the pics? what bit looks "iffy" to you?

Can you explain the comment regarding the paint job being iffy? you can tell from the pics? what bit looks "iffy" to you?

well, i'm not a fanatic detailer, my car has swirl marks, crash repairs, lacquer peel and bird poop on it, but there are a few things with the passat. they say a photo can speak a thousand words, but a well filtered one can also hide a multitude of sins.

look at how blurred the reflections are in the doors, you should (particularly assuming that this paint job is probably less than 2-3 years old) see nice crisp clear reflections.

image.png

same with this picture, now i know the photos are instagramed to within an inch of their life, but for such a deep colour you are seeing virtually no reflection on the rear quarter at all, which is quite unusual for a dark colour in what i would assume to be good condition. you can be sure in real life it's flat as a fart too.

image.png

particularly in the top right of this photo you can clearly see heavy orange peel, it's somewhat evident throughout the whole photo, but most evident around the word "next". you can be sure if you can see it there, given light of what we can or can't see (reflections) in the photos above, i'd say the car was painted by someone maybe not too dedicated.

image.png

now clearly, someone will sign up soon to tell me the car was painted by Rick Dore himself and that i need to STFU, but anyone can see although the colour may be striking when it first meets the eye, the finish isn't top notch. that would leave me with concerns that down the line there could be lacquer peel/ bubbling/ rust etc, if they weren't a great finisher, what else weren't they great at?

now, don't get me wrong, if the owner loves the car then he loves it and i suppose it's one of only a handful of purple TDi's in the country, so i'm not trying to kill his buzz or take away from his achievements in his pastime. all i'm saying is i couldn't drive a car with a retro paintwork job that bad. if you paint your car vivid purple or "midnight purple" i'm sure he calls it and state in the ad that it's a "professional job", expect people to be gazing at the paint so try and have it some way right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

who knows, doesnt look bad to me but im not an expert either. Around the "next" icon in the pic, perhaps .

Well, I guess it's all a bit pedantic, if you didn't really care it's probably grand. personally if I was dropping a fair chunk for money painting a car that was worth a few quid itself, i'd want it to look crisp as ****. Otherwise what's the point, it's like getting a poor quality tattoo.

Brian Scan wrote: »
    CSI jca

More mythbusters than csi....

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭beantins

that's a relief :pac: think i'm just in a bad mood :P still hard to see someone going €8k on it.

Im nearly sure that car was sold on a raffle basis on jon44w. Getting very popular nw!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-santa-fe-2007-auto-4wd-2-2dsl/7108334?offset=7

Mild enough skang, but offensive nonetheless

Also qualifies for dreamers thread

Jaypers. Someone really loves chrome.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-santa-fe-2007-auto-4wd-2-2dsl/7108334?offset=7

Mild enough skang, but offensive nonetheless

Also qualifies for dreamers thread

Fast n Loud finally got a Santa Fe:pac:

• Advertisement

Advertisement