Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Skangermobiles online (part 2)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Patww79 wrote: »
    I don't get what's so bad, have I missed a link? Is it just because off a windscreen tint?
    I would hazard a guess rear lights are as tinted as black as the car paint so you won't see him at night or even see him braking.

In fairness, I've seen cars with tinted lights, and they seem to be operating as normal. There's a Corsa around here that i see a lot with its back lights tinted and it makes no difference to the lights when they're illuminated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

It's totally impossible that it doesn't make a difference.
    They are usually substantially dimmer and trying to drive that teamed with a tinted windscreen must be a joke at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I remember a poster on here defending his tinted windows before. Said they were perfectly safe, he just needed to put down his windows sometimes when it was a dark night......

Tinting a windscreen on the other hand, makes you wonder.

What's the story with those massive stripes fellas are sporting these days, the ones that cover more than half the windscreen. I assume there is a gap in rules about them as the lower part of the window isn't tinted, just 80% of the window ye cant see out of!

I'd assume they pass the NCT until a rule is made/changed? Or are these removed for NCT?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Well tint will block light. I'd say the front windshield has 35% VLT tint judging by the visibility of the discs which means only 35% of light hitting the windshield will come through it.

The front lights are probably something like 85% VLT. Put both of those together and I'd say he can see f*ck all driving at night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

31824593.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Tinted windscreens are a pain but you wouldn't believe how easy they are to get used to. Pain in the arse though I'd never do it to my own cars.

millington wrote: »
    Tinted windscreens are a pain but you wouldn't believe how easy they are to get used to. Pain in the arse though I'd never do it to my own cars.

Easy to get used to seeing nothing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Headlight film looks like lamin-x

• Advertisement

How does he even get through checkpoints? Gardai should be pulling him over straight away if the discs are masked behind tint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

shietpilot wrote: »
    UB24fq5.jpg?2

Not for sale but what a pile. Saw it on a cars for sale Facebook group and someone was complimenting it. I'd say the owners has great fun driving it at night with full window tint (including windshield) and tinted headlights.

Some people are just daft. Might as well get some hard plastic tyres too.

That's about as socially acceptable as wearing a pair of sun glasses at night. No purpose, only vanity. You might get away with it if you're famous, like the car from Knight Rider or Bono, but otherwise you just look like a knob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

What I'm wondering is why the Guards haven't confiscated it yet and turned into a cube?

Surely you'd be pulled for a windscreen like that!!

What I'm wondering is why the Guards haven't confiscated it yet and turned into a cube?

Why would they crush it? If anything, they'd just make him pull the tint off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

YbFocus wrote: »
    They are usually substantially dimmer and trying to drive that teamed with a tinted windscreen must be a joke at night.

Nah, they're grand on the Corsa I see around the place. Never noticed them being any dimmer at all.

The mother of all CB aerials

QB7Lzvf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭VeVeX

The cable routing for the aerial is ideal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

VeVeX wrote: »
    The cable routing for the aerial is ideal too.

It looks like a radio controlled car!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

10-4 good budy

He belongs in the dreamer thread too, looking for 8.5k, also has photos of it mid-diffing session on the ad..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

YbFocus wrote: »

I had subtly tinted headlights on my Bora and S3 passed multiple NCTs' and never effected light output. Admittedly both cars were factory xenon headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Same here I had Lamin X tint on the headlights of a mk4 golf, made absolutely zero difference to light output. Tinted windscreen looks crap though! Apart from that leave him at it its his car he likes it.

Yeah but the argument here is that he has a heavily tinted front windscreen AND tinted headlights, both reducing visibility at night.

Imaging driving that thing at night with heavy rain. Ho-lee-chit.

Yeah but the argument here is that he has a heavily tinted front windscreen AND tinted headlights, both reducing visibility at night.

51tMyguEsyL._AC_UL320_SR228,320_.jpg

Yeah not defending the tinted windscreen,it's the backward baseball cap of the car world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

^ Needs to be black with an A-Team Stripe on the side.

Not that bad TBH.

I'v just seen the inside!! :o
    Yeah I'll pass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

im fine with the outside but the inside is wrecked! seller is a tool ! thinks he has a great deal scamming the dopes at vrt to have cleared as a 2006 van when its really a 94..

i just asked him has he reged it yet

• Advertisement

They're a hit dim when it comes to registering cars imported to the uk and then exported to Ireland. They look at the first date of registration in the uk and often go off that.
    Remember the guy with the celica or supra or something, 90 but got a 99 reg
    Friend brought in a 00 car, regged in the U.K. In 02 Gave him 02 reg till he corrected them (vrt was higher)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

That yoke wasn't taxed or NCT'D since 2013.. I don't get the need to add photos of expired (by nearly three years) tax and NCT Discs.
    5.5k no nct? Interesting...

Edit.. It hasn't seen an Nct centre since 2011!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

The lads in Fort motors must have been having a giggle at him taking the photos of it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

"show car"

it'd fcuking make a show of ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

His key points in the ad aren't exactly selling points either :pac: working tv's for the midgets in the back, 10 tonne tenzo R wheels, and an rb20de..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Same here I had Lamin X tint on the headlights of a mk4 golf, made absolutely zero difference to light output.

Is Lamin-x some sort of NASA developed material that allows 100% transmittance despite the darkening?

RichyX wrote: »
    Is Lamin-x some sort of NASA developed material that allows 100% transmittance despite the darkening?

Nah, he probably just didn't notice the 10-15% light difference :p

Do you have any real world experience of lamin-x...... :rolleyes:

The question wasn't whether it allows 100% 'transmittance' (i'd say you're some craic on a night out) but whether or not it has an overly adverse effect on the light outputance. Which in my real world experience of 3 cars and 3 or 4 NCTs it doesn't :)

tossy wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

'transmittance' (i'd say you're some craic on a night out) )

A bit harsh ha? Shouldn't those of us not part of "The Scene" be allowed question the mentality of putting shades on headlights?

That said, it may not be a bad idea with China engineered hid retrofits into standard reflector housings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

• Advertisement

A bit harsh ha? Shouldn't those of us not part of "The Scene" be allowed question the mentality of putting shades on headlights?

That said, it may not be a bad idea with China engineered hid retrofits into standard reflector housings.

It may be harsh but if you make a joke and can't take a joke... but wouldn't dragging up a 2 week old comment to make a 'witty' post drive you mad :D

I'm all for fitting them to HID kits lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

tossy wrote: »
    i'd say you're some craic on a night out

More so than someone who spends their spare time sticking darkened plastic to car lights :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

grahambo wrote: »
    CAR NEVER DAMAGE OR HAVE ANY FAULTS

:rolleyes:

More so than someone who spends their spare time sticking darkened plastic to car lights :rolleyes:

I don't go out i spend my time on here waiting to pounce on people who don't conform to my idea of cool. The internet needs people like us. Lets band together and whip this place into shape! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 smoke_mirrors

why do skangers put CB aerials on their cars? They hardly want to listen to European radiostations do they

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Well with someone who has experience with it all I'm saying is I never noticed any drop in light output. I decided so share my experience as a car guy with some real world advice. Go back to your bar stool and put down the keyboard.

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Well with someone who has experience with it all I'm saying is I never noticed any drop in light output. I decided so share my experience as a car guy with some real world advice. Go back to your bar stool and put down the keyboard.

Well adding a tint to anything will reduce light output, whether you notice it or not. It's basic physics. No need to tell people where to go, even if you have experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

why do skangers put CB aerials on their cars? They hardly want to listen to European radiostations do they

:eek::eek::eek:

Oh my god!

They aren't for listening to European radio stations.... :D

EDIT: It's for communication between cb aerials. Truckers have them... Also silage contractors may as well..

grahambo wrote: »
    Looks red to me. A different set of wheels and a red roof that would look fine I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

millington wrote: »
    Looks red to me. A different set of wheels and a red roof that would look fine I think.

Think in the ad he says there's other colours through the paint so probably looks different in different light.

I quite like it but always had a soft spot that model 5-series.

It would need to lose the black roof though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement