Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Skangermobiles online (part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do you see what I see?

IMG_0282.jpg

I think he's fitted C55 arches or some sort of wide arch kit at a guess judging by the camera angle (I could be completely wrong though) which is conveniently not mentioned in the ad/covered under more spares available...

But I thought it was a detailed improvement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Gravelly wrote: »
    Am I missing something with that ad - does he think 42bhp extra, a horrendous home-made colour scheme, and a set of skanger alloys adds around €6k to the value of that car?

He is a bird brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Well at least we know what the dog thinks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Jaysus :eek:

YThlNjIwYjlkZjljMDI0YzE5NzI1MGEwMWFmYWFhYmEY_7BS6NRQ1qV8Zvq1NfTFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NzUyMDE1Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    ZjQ3ZjM3MTczNDBlMjMyYWZmYmJmYjljMzQxZjU2OWJhLu4gHCbaoBRpiYdnl7NMaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NzUyMDE1OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Ah good - he remembered the pink chromed plastic floor mats!

ZmYxMzBkMWQ5OTZjODRkMDcyM2MzZjI2N2M2NDEyYWRZrOzeu0P4jQp4vlpzYBAoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NzUyMDE1N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭bear1

You know what, remove the poxy exhausts, the stripes and a much more subtle spoiler and I think it would look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

bear1 wrote: »
    You know what, remove the poxy exhausts, the stripes and a much more subtle spoiler and I think it would look good.

I agree, with the above done, I'd actually drive it.

Love the colour :o

• Advertisement

Carpentry wrote: »
    beat this.

Sure

Lets use some BMW parts too. What was it originally, anyone... :D
    17264189_1418227044874193_4008049022450142374_n.jpg?oh=e6ac6ebd587cf0ddf93ced94972a697c&oe=5ACABFA3
    17309255_1418227048207526_3913654225126342192_n.jpg?oh=9d94b06c905073eff61b7984499bc4bf&oe=5ABE781C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Polo saloon or a seat Cordoba

Probably a Cordoba

It's nearly worse than the fibreglass m3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

I'm gonna say opel vectra

Polo saloon or a seat Cordoba

Got it in one.

A lot of work went into that... A wasted talent!

That is absolutely horrendous lol. Absolutely disastrously bad lol. What the feck is it? Vectra rear looking door windows on it I think.

It's the cost that astounds me, it must have cost a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

A lot of work went into that...

He could at least have started with the 2 door version of the Cordoba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

All that effort and he doesn't even space out the wheels to fill the arches.

Understandable I suppose, be doing well to find 1ft spacers... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-520d-m-sport-xmas-price-drop/17453738?campaign=3

I spotted this a couple of times,he has the back lights painted too which makes them nearly impossible to see. This nearly got him mangled by a lorry recently as he overtook it then decided to brake to turn into a driveway. I was just behind the lorry and honestly thought he was gonna get creamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-520d-m-sport-xmas-price-drop/17453738?campaign=3

I spotted this a couple of times,he has the back lights painted too which makes them nearly impossible to see. This nearly got him mangled by a lorry recently as he overtook it then decided to brake to turn into a driveway. I was just behind the lorry and honestly thought he was gonna get creamed.

Looks suprisingly standard inside and nice and clean too. Shame about the outside though.

Might be one for the dreamer thread too ...
    0-100kph in 5.4 second

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Are you sure the rear lights are painted? I would have assumed that they were just tinted with a tint film..

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Orderofchaos

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Looks suprisingly standard inside and nice and clean too. Shame about the outside though.

Great spec in fairness, wonder what colour and condition of paint is like under the plastidip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

job seeker wrote: »
    Are you sure the rear lights are painted? I would have assumed that they were just tinted with a tint film..

At the speed he was going I didn't get a chance to check properly. ;)
    All I know is that they are virtually invisible as they are almost blacked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That has been for sale a long time (unsurprisingly)

That TT featured here several times, I see he's asking 600 more too than the last time.

Kamili wrote: »
    That TT featured here several times, I see he's asking 600 more too than the last time.
    I thought it was 6500 last time - but then its been around so long, who can remember all the prices ;)

Top Dog wrote: »
    I thought it was 6500 last time - but then its been around so long, who can remember all the prices ;)
    You could be right, he probably mixed up the 6 and the 5.. he did start at an outrageous price and dropped it if I remember correctly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Top Dog wrote: »
    Advert is 37 days old - been on here at least twice before.

I've a picture saved on my pc that's almost two years old. Same pics, same seller.

That'll tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Those mk1 tt's are capable cars especially the quattro bam models but that's dreamer money.

Esp when you consider i sold my 2007 HR 350Z with only 37000 miles afew months ago for only 8-9k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

Remove the wrap though and you've a serious car for the money.
    Must go like stink and the interior is pretty nice looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bear1 wrote: »
    Remove the wrap though and you've a serious car for the money.
    Must go like stink and the interior is pretty nice looking.

Was thinking the same love that interior and wheels look nice in a different colour too. Car has potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I'm finding those number plates far more offensive than the wrap to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

I think I like it.

My sister had a coat with exactly the same decor as that back in the 90s. How strange but I sort of like that car.

Just get rid of the wrap and it's a lovely car. The wrap is extremely tacky, I'm not a fan of any colour of wrap and camo wrap is even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭vandriver

My sister had a coat with exactly the same decor as that back in the 90s. How strange but I sort of like that car.
    How did she find it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I think I like it.

Reminds me of WW1 battle ship camouflage

GermanMinesweeper11_385.png

d7b033a40df5d49e8350f32866c1f154--dazzle-camouflage-navy-ships.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Reminds me of WW1 battle ship camouflage

I can't see any ww1 battleship... where is it? :confused:

job seeker wrote: »
    I can't see any ww1 battleship... where is it? :confused:

Here is another pic of it....

It's huge.

Lads I still can't see the pic, are ye using a reputable image hosting service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Not the worst contender but someone went a bit overboard I think

ZGZkYjk4Mzc5MmM3NzFkMzQ4MGZlMmQ5YTAxMTMxMjM6tPfEQ8XUfDyuteYP62TjaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NDQ1MjE3NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

MjViZGMyNzExYTFkYmExOTAwY2U0YjkwZDU3NTk3ZmUwIbSA-gHcpiC4OkXXFryZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NDQ1MjE5Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Not the worst contender but someone went a bit overboard I think

ZGZkYjk4Mzc5MmM3NzFkMzQ4MGZlMmQ5YTAxMTMxMjM6tPfEQ8XUfDyuteYP62TjaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NDQ1MjE3NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

MjViZGMyNzExYTFkYmExOTAwY2U0YjkwZDU3NTk3ZmUwIbSA-gHcpiC4OkXXFryZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NDQ1MjE5Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

That would induce a migraine on the way to work on a Monday morning.

• Advertisement

Tin of Matt black would make that a sexy car.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Tin of Matt black would make that a sexy car.

Considering that's a proper S5 wouldn't recommend it having a go in this on Monday morning ;)

Considering that's a proper S5, not 2.0 daysul, I think it looks class. But each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Baraics Pollox

Not if you're on your way to the studio with suede loafers, cheap gold watch, chinos, a quiff you could cut rock with and in the middle of blogging about your recent cup of Starbucks coffee :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

The fact it's an actual S5 only makes it worse - it's horrendous.

tossy wrote: »
    The fact it's an actual S5 only makes it worse - it's horrendous.

In your opinion ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement