Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Skangermobiles online (part 2)

1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’d drive that.

me too, in the original version :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Those exhaust tips are salvaged off old scaffolding poles or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

the x5 wheels actually look surprisingly less shit than you'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Carpentry wrote: »
    me too, in the original version :rolleyes:

I’d guess the paint was in Shiite if it was resprayed like that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Looks more like a wrap to me Colm?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Yeah I'm not mad on matt wrap but that's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

I actually like the color. Decal on the left wing looks stupid though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,856 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭duffman3833

swap the alloys for black multi spoke ones and it would look decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

swap the alloys for black multi spoke ones and it would look decent

Agh, really? These stupid wrap jobs are always done to some crap 2.0's....would be far far better standard.

These wraps are eye catching. That’s why people do them.

Same as the stupid plates.

Not my thing, but if you want something that stands out then that’s an easy way to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

At least it looks to have been wrapped properly

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭pawdee

PsychoPete wrote: »
    At least it looks to have been wrapped properly

Looks like a chicken tikka wrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭tc20

^ re the wrapped 5 series - not my cup of tea but it does look like a job well done.
    Orange is not an oft seen colour on modern cars, but BMW did do it well in the 70s and it looked well on the '02 range. They did also have a relationship with Jägermeister in touring cars through the 70s & 80s and sported a fine orange livery.
    The new Peugeot 208 has a few bright shades in their line up, and imho its better than a sea of whites, silvers and flat greys that look like potters clay on some of the yokes going around presently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

tc20 wrote: »
    ^ re the wrapped 5 series - not my cup of tea but it does look like a job well done.
    Orange is not an oft seen colour on modern cars, but BMW did do it well in the 70s and it looked well on the '02 range. They did also have a relationship with Jägermeister in touring cars through the 70s & 80s and sported a fine orange livery.
    The new Peugeot 208 has a few bright shades in their line up, and imho its better than a sea of whites, silvers and flat greys that look like potters clay on some of the yokes going around presently.

Couldn't agree more. Was a deciding factor when I bought my last car. The amount of boring (to me) colours on cars and even more boring colour interiors is just so dull. I wish more cars came in Lamborghini's colour palette

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Much of the boring colour thing is down to the average buyers these days being apparently more impatient and walk into the dealer PCP's at the ready and want their new car now, so dealers generally only keep the "boring" colours that will sell on the day. Something funky like lime green or whatever could sit for too long.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Ah lads, i wouldn't be caught dead in that Dynarod 5 series.

Imagine what people would say if you turned up to work in that.

Haha work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Wheels are fairly bland also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

Wibbs wrote: »
    Much of the boring colour thing is down to the average buyers these days being apparently more impatient and walk into the dealer PCP's at the ready and want their new car now, so dealers generally only keep the "boring" colours that will sell on the day. Something funky like lime green or whatever could sit for too long.

Sadly most brands don't even offer them from the factory if you are willing to wait. I saw audi have a custom colour option on their a4 now in the configuration online. I wonder if it's literally any colour you want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I think you've got the wrong thread. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

In their defence

** Note - Previous Owner installed a body kit on it which isn’t done well - Could be taken off handy enough or tidied up. Priced extremely Cheap to reflect this**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Hardly extremely cheap though.

4k for an 11 year old lancer in 50 shades of grey cheap?

Not to mention the "bodykit".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ford probe 95/// running and driving nice alloys also fast car has being part for awhile in ashed so not in bad condition for its year please call dreck for more info on 085-1417555 2500e please no time wasters

Don't worry 'Dreck', I doubt you'll have too many 'time wasters' in fairness.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

Funnily enough, Dreck seems to be named after his car.

I am so sorry but I keep finding em'.

This one's courtesy of Facebook marketplace.

What a car.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/442332941156245/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That was stuff of dreams back in celtic tiger era. I have to laugh though all that work and kept the stock gammy seats.

I would think back in the day it had decent seats and wheels, since sold for heroin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Was that the MG that belonged to the Irish guy in the Harry Potter films? Was for sale years ago for €20,000 or something nuts.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

Resurrecting this thread with this find.

MX3 or CRV? You decide. Last saw the inside of an NCT centre in 2011. A €2,000 project.

Remember when Lexus lights were the height of cool?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/36041544

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

3 months with no skangers. Where have they all gone, Facebook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The max power style skangers are now on the red list.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,856 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I presume rust killed most of those cars. A lot of them weren’t great to start with, tarted up and run until you could see daylight through the floor or the engine exploded.

The young lads now just seem to be running loud diesels, lowered and tinted windows. They wouldn’t know what to do if gave them a tub of isopon and some rattle cans!

Advertisement