Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Skangermobiles online (part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

mb1725 wrote: »

I think we're all happy enough to close the thread and say we found a winner?
    Sweet Jesus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Saw that on Faceballs earlier.

10 points for effort, 0 for execution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

i dont know where to start:(
    this poor old micra should be put out of its misery.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/micra/1997-nissan-micra/8349710

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Lol:
    Padraig2014 asked a question:
    03/07/2015 11:16 pm (4 days ago):
    How much is the rope in the back seat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

DOHC Vtec micra...Now that's something i'd like to see. I can just picture a k20 sitting in little micra, absolute beast ha.

Hahah... that Micra has a "fresh as f*ck" sticker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

YbFocus wrote: »
    I think we're all happy enough to close the thread and say we found a winner?
    Sweet Jesus!

The only thing worse than its looks is the quality of workmanship!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

colm_mcm wrote: »

manky :P can any one read the sticker on the back bumper?:confused:

• Advertisement

NSFW! this is geniunely my own skangermobile :D
    hopefully not for too much longer;)

literally ran a bucket of black water ,1 sponge and washing-up liquid over my golden shower saxo before i fling it onto adverts :pac: wolfrace envy:o

WP_20150709_19_01_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20150709_19_00_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20150709_19_00_40_Pro.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

davycc wrote: »
    manky :P can any one read the sticker on the back bumper?:confused:

Powered by the Dole I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I would drive that saxo as is, always liked them! Is it 1.4 or 1.6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

I would drive that saxo as is, always liked them! Is it 1.4 or 1.6?

my lowest point in my motoring career :o

1.4 8v 75 bhp nice and torquey actually , cheap to run, i was planning on getting some white steelies for it if it hadnt kept breaking down constantly on me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

NSFW! this is geniunely my own skangermobile :D
    hopefully not for too much longer;)

literally ran a bucket of black water ,1 sponge and washing-up liquid over my golden shower saxo before i fling it onto adverts :pac: wolfrace envy:o

WP_20150709_19_01_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20150709_19_00_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20150709_19_00_40_Pro.jpg

Put the standard VTR wheels on that and it's a grand car... Always was a fan of the VTR (preferably VTS) Saxo's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Jaysis i'd love it! As you say, with the right wheels that'd be pretty cool!

homer90 wrote: »

looks like they could only afford the stage1 skangupgrade:D
    nice spoot homer you have cheered me right up:cool:

http://www.adverts.ie/car/citroen/saxo/2001-citroen-saxo-vtr-quick-sale/8393427

quick link to my poorly saxo for anyone half interested in a project/resto ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Jaysus davycc,
    Are you going to buy a lawnmower with the few bob :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Feckin bonnet bras. Whoever thought that was a good idea... "Lets get this really hideous yoke and pop it on the bonnet to protect from stone chips..."

Then when you remove it two years later, you now have two different shade of colour on the bonnet as the part under the bra has had no light. Ugh... idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Feckin bonnet bras. Whoever thought that was a good idea... "Lets get this really hideous yoke and pop it on the bonnet to protect from stone chips..."

Then when you remove it two years later, you now have two different shade of colour on the bonnet as the part under the bra has had no light. Ugh... idiots.

I lost count of the amount of dubbed out transporters with bonnet bras I saw when in Wales a few weeks ago, seemed like everyone had one on their van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Can also cause a regular flow of rain water into the engine bay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I could never figure out what the bonnet bra was supposed to do. I thought it came from rallying to stop muddy water destroying the windscreen in the forest stages...... Terrible looking yokes on boy racers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Is it not a bad idea to lower the rear torsion bar.. I have been told that once you lower it it cant be put back and that its not good for the car? Not to sure how true it is though..and open to correction.but Best of luck with the sale. It does look clean..

• Advertisement

There awful.. But its ten times worse went the bonnet bra is put on a rusty bonnet...:rolleyes:

I'm kind of thinking about getting one when I get my bonnet resprayed. E39's seem to be super prone to stone chips on the bonnet and start to rust away, would have to take proper care of the paint outside it though to keep it matching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm kind of thinking about getting one when I get my bonnet resprayed. E39's seem to be super prone to stone chips on the bonnet and start to rust away, would have to take proper care of the paint outside it though to keep it matching.

I'll unfriend you on Facebook.

Seriously though, only a small portion of the car will be protected and the colour won't match when you take it off AND you'll look like a dixkhead.

Stone chips are a fact of life, just put LOADS of wax on and hope for the best. :p

You'll be banned from here too.

Yeah I think once it's responded I'll just stick it in the garage and look at it, wait until the value goes up :pac:

Or just do what the cool kids do and take the bonnet off altogether :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Don't do it those bras are horrendous yokes! Will ruin the front of the car!

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Don't do it those bras are horrendous yokes! Will ruin the front of the car!

They also cost like €80, which would be the price of respraying it so not worth it anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Only a gobshoite would put a bra on their car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I quite like the look of the plastic ones..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The only thing a bra was invented for was to put on a fine looking woman and to be taken off even quicker.

NOT FOR MOTOR VEHICLES.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

The only thing a bra was invented for was to put on a fine looking woman and to be taken off even quicker.

NOT FOR MOTOR VEHICLES.

And it's not a challenge to remove a car bra from the front round her back with your left hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

The only bra on my bonnet.... :cool:

article-0-15589E05000005DC-383_634x410.jpg

L@@ks like the p@@r M@nde@ was Tang@ed..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

wrapping comes off , looks clean car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Is that bin liner in the footwell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Is that bin liner in the footwell?

That is for any potential buyer that slags his choice of wrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Good wrap if Kilkenny bring home the Liam Mc Carthy...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

Very subtle:

1.6 Petrol Passat......

TDi badge on the back :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vv-passat-2001/9888574?offset=5

43957473.jpeg

That's very far from a skanger, looks 100% standard apart from the TDI badge ofcourse.

There's an SDI Vento with a TDI badge on it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

In fairness it may be something as simple as the car getting a new bootlid from a scrapyard at some stage in its life for wahtever reason. It hardly makes the car worthy of the Skangermobile thread.

In fairness it may be something as simple as the car getting a new bootlid from a scrapyard at some stage in its life for wahtever reason. It hardly makes the car worthy of the Skangermobile thread.

Maybe..........Or maybe not... :eek: This may indeed have been the start of the skanger transformation..

panic-disorder-971.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Did that A8 make an appearance here not so long ago ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Did that A8 make an appearance here not so long ago ?

Sure did. Seems to acquire new bits of crud each time it appears.

Advertisement