Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

heart rate

• 12-04-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Is an average heart rate of 165-169bpm for a 31 year old male too high for racing. I've a max HR of 197BPM. I do feel my legs do be tired finishing up races.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

Don't think there's a problem there tbh.

It differs from person to person. I know guys with a max of 200 and they are flying.

I have a max of about 170 and resting is usually under 60 and sometimes under 50.

I can tell you that it matters SFA that it is lower cos once I go over 160 odd I'm hurting. I think all that really matters is that you know the limit and your zones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Amprodude wrote: »
    Is an average heart rate of 165-169bpm for a 31 year old male too high for racing. I've a max HR of 197BPM. I do feel my legs do be tired finishing up races.

HR is unique from person to person and whether it is high or low meaningless in terms of ability.

Its a race, you are meant to be tired at the end.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you adjust your HR by the (roughly!) 1bpm they reckon your max reduces each year my max would at least 13 above yours. Having a higher max is likely to be a good sign for racing.The more blood gets pumped round the body the more oxygen is going to be absorbed.

BTW, did you really want to post this in training logs? Will move it to the main forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Inquitus wrote: »
    HR is unique from person to person and whether it is high or low meaningless in terms of ability.

Its a race, you are meant to be tired at the end.

Plus as one of the older heads in our club once said to me, from A3 up the ability to be able to absorb and dish out hurt/pain is the main thing you need to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Amprodude wrote: »

You're not working hard enough!

As others said it will vary from person to person. I dont have any stats for racing as haven't done any. But while at a club spinning class over the winter I averaged 162bpm.

I have hit 199bpm max and have a resting of about 45bpm. I'm 36 and not training much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Plus as one of the older heads in our club once said to me, from A3 up the ability to be able to absorb and dish out hurt/pain is the main thing you need to worry about.

Hmm.. I always seem to be absorbing pain, never seems to be me who is dishing it out though...

Advertisement