Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Newcastle 13/04/15 8pm Sky S1

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Should have been a straight red really.

Bizarre that it wasn't, although keeping in tone with the rest of his decisions tonight. At least he's consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Awful ball from Johnson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Yellow
    No a deliberate act.
    He thought about tackle, ball was there, his brain sent the signal to his legs ,and it was to late to abort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I think Coutinho has been MOTM by a large margin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Do Newcastle fans regret Pardew going when he did? Don't think they'd be this bad if he were still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

Sissoko. What a coward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Paully D wrote: »
    Do you think Sissoko will still be there come the end of the summer transfer window?

Not a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

On a side issue the pitch looks a lot better tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Sterling negotiating his contract down tonight with some of those finishes

****ing atrocious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Do Newcastle fans regret Pardew going when he did? Don't think they'd be this bad if he were still there.

Pardew wasn't the problem, its the other muppet up top.

• Advertisement

Grass is always going to look better when you put that much sh1te on it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Think that tackle and subsequent walking off before the referee had even reached into his pocket sums up Newcastle since around January. Everyone to a man appears to have given up.

Do you think Sissoko will still be there come the end of the summer transfer window?

Doubt it pal. There's been talk of a clear out in the summer... How you can clear out a squad that has very little strength in depth is beyond me.

Tbh, I wouldn't be too upset if he did go. Goes missing all the time when we need him. I still think the right manager could sort his head out and get him close to his best but right now, I wouldn't want him anywhere near the team.

Nope and probably yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They painted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

They wouldn't have been as bad but in fairness, they haven't even tried to replace him yet. Carver just there to tide things over until the summer as they had done enough to avoid relegation before Pardew even left.

Certainly worth waiting until Newcastle make a proper appointment to see how things go with that IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

x43r0 wrote: »
    Sterling negotiating his contract down tonight with some of those finishes

****ing atrocious

HIs goal was great, the touch the movement the clever finish.
    It had quality written all over it, like a piece of paper with the word ''quality '' written on it multiply times.

They wouldn't have been as bad but in fairness, they haven't even tried to replace him yet. Carver just there to tide things over until the summer as they had done enough to avoid relegation before Pardew even left.

Certainly worth waiting until Newcastle make a proper appointment to see how things go with that IMO.

Absolutely, I think reckon they'd be in a better place with Pardew still there until the end of the season rather than Carver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Three points badly needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Looking forward to Krul waiting for Allen in the tunnel to admire his strike.

Well three points against a poor team. Going to half to be a hell of a lot better at Wembley, Benteke would eat that defence alive.

• Advertisement

It actually amazes me that there are worse teams in the league than Newcastle. Those teams below us are actually trying. We've just packed it in since January yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

That tackle from Sissoko was a disgrace. Worse than any bite imo. Could have snapped lucas' leg there.

Newcastle are terrible. 3 points in the bag though which is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

joe123 wrote: »
    That tackle from Sissoko was a disgrace. Worse than any bite imo. Could have snapped lucas' leg there.

Newcastle are terrible. 3 points in the bag though which is nice.

It was poorly timed and reckless but he actually tried to pull out of the challenge. Still fulling deserving of a yellow card though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The Mig is now joint top with forster on 13 clean sheets for the Golden Gloves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Well done to the pool, fully deserved the 3 points and probably a bigger scoreline. As per usual we will hear the moaning of Carver and the penalty incident that could have changed the game, bla bla bla trying to cover up his ineptitude. 5 game losing streak to continue at home to spurs. Time to stick the flip-flops back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liverpool players hanging Lovren :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

quarryman wrote: »
    Anfield is like a library.

Seriously, is there any other club in the top flight with a quieter crowd?

I can hear every word from the players.

There were some stages in the big Manchester derby yesterday were you could hear the players as well, but Sky seem to turn down the crowd microphones for fear of foul language.

Looks like smallest away support tonight and they were fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No tackle is worse than a bite. Tackling is part of football, biting isn't. I don't know why you brought it up.

It's funny you said this after Suarez came out the other day and say his bites were Cheillini and Ivanovic's fault .....because he was provoked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

They plan to fix it next season , something to do with the weather has been abit mad this year and hasn't helped with the pitch at all.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

To the people complaining about the atmosphere, is this your first time watching a Monday night game at Anfield? It is ALWAYS like this for these non-weekend games. Less ''regular'' fans, much more out of towners who dont get involved in the songs, the same tourists who would rather watch the match through their phones.

Its nothing new, believe me.

I think it's the opposite really. Weekend games have more out of towners as it's easier to travel for weekend games rather than having to take time off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Kirby wrote: »
    No tackle is worse than a bite. Tackling is part of football, biting isn't. I don't know why you brought it up.

It's funny you said this after Suarez came out the other day and say his bites were Cheillini and Ivanovic's fault .....because he was provoked!

Not defending Suarez one bit here just used it as a comparison.

I play football and if a lad came in with a tackle like that, deliberately going in to to injure you, I would seriously see red mist.

Tackling is part of the game, doing what Sissoko did (imo) and going in to injure Lucas is not.

A few teeth marks vs a potentially snapped leg/ankle. Which would you prefer yourself?

Again, I dont want to debate biting as its mental but tackling like that gets my blood boiling. Absolute lowest of the low from any player (again assuming Sissoko went in to catch Lucas on purpose).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

quarryman wrote: »
    Anfield is like a library.

Seriously, is there any other club in the top flight with a quieter crowd?

I can hear every word from the players.

Sorry your night was ruined. Truly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Gutted it wasn't 4-3. In fairness to Lovern he truly tried it get them back in it with the wild swing and waywardness of his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Just saw weak headline
    Sterling and Allen key to Liverpool success
    /facepalm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The Lemons are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

efb wrote: »
    Just saw weak headline
    Sterling and Allen key to Liverpool success
    /facepalm

Ha, I can always appreciate a bad pun.

I was gutted when Toni Silva never lived up to the early hype he showed beside Sterling at youth level - was hoping for years of "Sterling Silva" jokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I didnt cop that ;) maybe just lemon so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Id love to see Sissoko in red instead, hes a great player.

Close enough...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I wonder how far down the ladder you would have to go to match Newcastle's level of attitude.

I'd say at the very least all the sides chasing playoffs would beat them on attitude and determination.

It would be a close game between Karl Oyston's Blackpool and Newcastle for lack of attitude.

Again, I dont want to debate biting as its mental but tackling like that gets my blood boiling. Absolute lowest of the low from any player (again assuming Sissoko went in to catch Lucas on purpose).

It was a deplorable tackle but only he'll know if he did it on purpose. It's a difficult one to prove but it wouldn't surprise me if it was done out of frustration a la Gerrard on Herrera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ha, I can always appreciate a bad pun.

I was gutted when Toni Silva never lived up to the early hype he showed beside Sterling at youth level - was hoping for years of "Sterling Silva" jokes.

There's a name I had long forgotten!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

greendom wrote: »
    It was poorly timed and reckless but he actually tried to pull out of the challenge. Still fulling deserving of a yellow card though.

Straight red IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Cowards challenge from Sissoko. Deplorable. Another one of our "leaders" shows his true colours. If Arsenal buy him, Wenger should be committed.

Advertisement